Author Topic: Your skateboarding pet peeves?  (Read 27213 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Your skateboarding pet peeves?
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2021, 11:27:33 PM »
If there were more skaters they wouldn't be there.....

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2021, 07:02:30 PM »
Skateparks in sydney are flooded with scooter kids but there are still the odd skaters that show up....where im at now in this country town its literally all scooter kids, never seen another skateboarder here

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2021, 11:09:37 PM »
I have mostly given up and if they seem like they are competent enough on scooter and it’s clearly just a pack of them just hogging the fucking park I will snake on principle. Sounds arsehole but it’s just physics, they would probably be the ones to go flying

That said you can tell for sure when it’s just a kid with no idea, I say hello to the proper little kids or if they’re camping out on the deck and not sure when to go I would yell out go mate go it’s all you

I kinda gave up years ago. Times have changed and most of us probably got reamed by some older bloke or blokes and learned to give respect to get respect but I’m not about to be on some fucking YouTube clip going of at kids

I legit know blokes that solo film at skate parks and start screaming if kids get in their way
It looks so bad, proper cringe shit, please don’t do this guys

Prince, I think you’re right about aus scooter kids

Lmao one of my first skatepark memories is toombul and watching some kid get rolled for his 3.30 so the older cunt could go get a tallie

Fuck I remember that well gimme my three bucks thirty cunt I’m gonna fucken dip if I don’t get a drink cunt and then you’ll be fucked

I remember wearing my dc shirt down there and some guys like what size is that and I told him and he said fuck yeah I’ll have that. Dude saw I was fully about to cry and he’s like man I’m kidding

They were cool to me though, wouldn’t let me smoke bongs with them or anything said I was too young
And that’s where I got my fear of needles, too

I wouldn’t want my kid being around that crap at all so maybe it’s good times have changed
listen to cosmic psychos

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2021, 10:20:08 PM »
the line down the middle of the grip, or leaving a bit of the tip of the nose exposed when putting on grip. but the worse is when both are combined. Liked it at first but now, not so much.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »
Fake no complies. You know, when the person steps off with the front foot but then also lifts their back foot off the board to pop the tail. Gotta keep that back foot on and master the pop. It’s all one motion.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2021, 09:03:09 PM »
grip tape art where the user trys too hard
kickflops - the board gets ghost pop, does a quarter shuv and front foot goes completly off the side without making contact with the griptape
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2021, 01:43:45 AM »
Fake no complies. You know, when the person steps off with the front foot but then also lifts their back foot off the board to pop the tail. Gotta keep that back foot on and master the pop. It’s all one motion.

oh i feel that one! i've seen quite a few people all excited about doing switch no complies and they're almost always done like this. horrible!
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2021, 09:33:14 PM »
Colored wheels I really really hate the way they look especially manual flip tricks where the filmer is seriously close to them. 

Think Theotis Beasley Bake and Destroy Bones multicolored 100's or black wheels if it's that shitty spitfire yellow I can get by but the rest for me are visually repulsive.

All black grip, white or off white graphics inside, Allen bolts, Big stickers over wheelbite spots.
Dueces Bitch's

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2021, 12:07:54 PM »
When a well-filmed video is posted, someone advocating for its format always says "This is evidence that [HD or VX] is the only way to film skateboarding, the other option is dysfunctional and decrepit/zoomy and stupid"
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2021, 11:35:21 PM »
When a well-filmed video is posted, someone advocating for its format always says "This is evidence that [HD or VX] is the only way to film skateboarding, the other option is dysfunctional and decrepit/zoomy and stupid"
A brilliant poster did this twice today
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2021, 03:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A brilliant poster did this twice today

What's a "brilliant poster"?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2021, 10:22:28 AM »
Adverts playing in the middle of video parts. Fucking horrible. Fuck Youtube
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2021, 08:01:49 PM »
Soz if it's been mentioned (and I'm sure it has) but waxing more than two inches from the edge of the ledge. Fully flared then Torey made kids think it was acceptable to wax two feet wide to do minute long lipslides. Also really long slides when I know it's been waxed like mad don't seem quite right to me I can't really tell what exactly it is but there's a difference between arto menikmati long grinds and today's long grinds(and I know arto had to use wax)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2021, 09:21:14 PM »
I don't like wax. That's why I don't go to "spots" or try
really hard at skate park ledges. Post rollerblading wax jobs are insane.
Go faster. It makes the rails sticky really. People wax coping the deck the frickin the ground after the flat bar so they can practice 270 shit. The center of the Manny pad to power slide across.

Wax is something that should not be used unless it's absolutely necessary.

People who disrespect the spot. Do violence or make a mistake bringing violence at me. Don't do it. Go cry alone about it.

I get bummed on people talking bad about girl skaters. Or about queer skaters or whatever.
That shits fucked up. That's my #1 pet peeve. I'm down to talk a walk and settle this. We can round 2 3 4 5 6 in cuffs in holding in the court house in holding again in the van in intake when I get back from the hole and you get out the infirmary.

People who get mad if I wanna try their trick too. That's skating together. You're not filming a video part.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
a guy at my local keeps throwing tantrums over nothing. Yesterday after I missed one nose slide he gave me an advice I did not ask for. Also that said guy does not have nose slide on lock at all.
right now he is my pet peeve.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2021, 07:29:18 AM »
a guy at my local keeps throwing tantrums over nothing. Yesterday after I missed one nose slide he gave me an advice I did not ask for. Also that said guy does not have nose slide on lock at all.
right now he is my pet peeve.
Yup, unsolicited advice from someone you dont even know at the park or spot sucks 99% of the time

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2021, 07:40:22 AM »
Fucking pants talk. People that don't understand that what apparently looks good today isn't the same as what looked good years ago. And vice versa wear some big boys in 2010 you would of been a fucking loser.

Fake gnarly guys. Like head to toe tattoos some punk setup with the crazy grip art smoking drinking being a loud dickhead but then skate like a scared baby triple hopping a boneless on a mellow bank or barely leveling a Slappy noseslide.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2021, 09:48:48 AM »
Portland has a lot of pro and sponsored skaters and most are pretty easy-going. Silas Baxter-Neal was behind me in line at the store the other night. But every once in awhile you run into someone who is just too good for you, apparently. Or you are not good enough for them to even see you as human... I don't know... I don't fan out. I don't even want to talk. Just fucking say hello or return a nod... That's all I ask... And yes, it does mean something.

Rolled up at my winter parking garage spot last weekend. Two dudes skating. One was cool and we exchanged greetings. The other was  too cool. He's a local ripper. Was on Creature but maybe now on Coda... Anyway, I don't need to be friends and I have zero interest in talking to you but we can at least acknowledge we both exist and you absolutely do not have to do a trick in my face after I failed to land it. More than once. Seen cool guy around a few times and not the first time he stared right through me after I nodded in greeting. Meanwhile, his ex-teammate Gravette is very fucking cool.

Anyway, he left and the other dude and I got aquatinted and had a nice time...

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2021, 09:51:31 AM »
Not grippy grip or slippy shoes.
Bad grip job.
Spilling drinks on my crotch.
When it's a fine day.... Then it rains, then it's not a fine day.
When it's wet and you can't skate.
When its too hot and you can't skate.
When the lil homies only wanna ride their scooters, not their boards.
Pebbles/tree turds.
Turds underfoot.
Ankle popping.
Elbow landings.
Bad noises.
Bad vibes.
Self consciousness (why can't I get out of my own head).
Incosistancy.
Waxing the ground.... WTF
Oh and guilt when buying new gear.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 10:10:03 AM by The.Skate.Father »
Just call me Daddy.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2021, 06:43:30 PM »
Portland has a lot of pro and sponsored skaters and most are pretty easy-going. Silas Baxter-Neal was behind me in line at the store the other night. But every once in awhile you run into someone who is just too good for you, apparently. Or you are not good enough for them to even see you as human... I don't know... I don't fan out. I don't even want to talk. Just fucking say hello or return a nod... That's all I ask... And yes, it does mean something.

Rolled up at my winter parking garage spot last weekend. Two dudes skating. One was cool and we exchanged greetings. The other was  too cool. He's a local ripper. Was on Creature but maybe now on Coda... Anyway, I don't need to be friends and I have zero interest in talking to you but we can at least acknowledge we both exist and you absolutely do not have to do a trick in my face after I failed to land it. More than once. Seen cool guy around a few times and not the first time he stared right through me after I nodded in greeting. Meanwhile, his ex-teammate Gravette is very fucking cool.

Anyway, he left and the other dude and I got aquatinted and had a nice time...

Why you gotta do Tony like that? I think a lot of times in Slap world it seems like what people consider 'getting vibed' is actually just social awkwardness. I've been like this with people before and I've had people be like this to me, and we became friends over time. People are awkward as hell. The trick thing, as mentioned above... ya'll are skating together, I've never had an issue with that either, and I do it too. If I see someone trying something fun that I think I can do of course I'll try it. I don't know the guy at all (I do really enjoy his skating), nor any PDX skaters, but I'd bet he wasn't actively trying to be a dick (not really trying to single you out either, maybe the guy is a dick).

Frank and Fred

« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2021, 09:32:12 AM »
@Beeker You know you could be right and that's why I didn't use his name. He rips and is a pleasure to watch skate. I am also socially awkward and have been accused of being a dick as a result so I know how that goes but I am not trying to be a sponsored skateboarder. If you are that awkward you wouldn't try the same trick right on someone's heals. That's just poor etiquette.  I'm not sure if he's trying to make a go of pro skateboarding (he might be good enough) but if he is he might want to know how he is perceived whether its intentional or not. Anyway, it is a small pet peeve. I wish the dude the best.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »
@Beeker You know you could be right and that's why I didn't use his name. He rips and is a pleasure to watch skate. I am also socially awkward and have been accused of being a dick as a result so I know how that goes but I am not trying to be a sponsored skateboarder. If you are that awkward you wouldn't try the same trick right on someone's heals. That's just poor etiquette.  I'm not sure if he's trying to make a go of pro skateboarding (he might be good enough) but if he is he might want to know how he is perceived whether its intentional or not. Anyway, it is a small pet peeve. I wish the dude the best.

Either way, it's all good. It takes all types. I was just trying to flex that I knew who you were talking about. Secretly I wish I lived in Portland and was part of the scene, I've only ever been once and only got to skate Eggs for a few hours.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2021, 04:07:41 AM »
The trick thing, as mentioned above... ya'll are skating together, I've never had an issue with that either, and I do it too. If I see someone trying something fun that I think I can do of course I'll try it.

This isn't the defence that you think it is
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2021, 07:56:58 AM »
Can’t be biting tricks.

Gotta let it cool down for a day.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
Hard flip that don't flip. Like that one I been arguing on the gram.

That's a frickin front shuv late flip Ariluan Garbage posted.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rockydennishead

• Rep: 3
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2022, 08:39:06 AM »
The 30-40 year old who just goes to the Skatepark to smoke teenagers up, or bum weed of them.  Same person who will not shut and try to get you into listening to an hour of their problems.  Started wearing earplugs just because of that

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2022, 10:11:49 AM »
The 30-40 year old who just goes to the Skatepark to smoke teenagers up, or bum weed of them.  Same person who will not shut and try to get you into listening to an hour of their problems.  Started wearing earplugs just because of that

If you actually wear earplugs at the park you're a nutcase

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2022, 12:08:36 PM »
People who skate the park as others are shoveling it, and there’s extra shovels laying around.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2022, 11:57:14 AM »
Shove it in their faces.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2022, 12:17:49 AM »
When people arrive at the park and wax the ledges without even trying them out. Just happend last week and dude didn´t even skate the ledge afterwards...me neither btw