Author Topic: Your skateboarding pet peeves?  (Read 27392 times)

tuesday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
Re: Your skateboarding pet peeves?
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2023, 06:13:48 AM »
Graphics simply flakeing off a deck. Worst thing to happen to a deck.

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2023, 03:11:17 AM »
Wheel graphics. Can't stand them.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2023, 05:48:12 AM »
I just set up new wheels and bearings and it makes my board sound waterlogged. I hate it.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2023, 07:00:43 PM »
I just set up new wheels and bearings and it makes my board sound waterlogged. I hate it.

new anything is the worst. i will grant that sometimes a new board can be nice. i love a thrashed setup (shoes included).
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »
My local is a sort of "V" shape, with the entrance at the pivot, the "street" section to the left, and the bowl is up a bank to the right. Unless you hit the "big gap" at the wide part of the "V" (the gap is fuckin gimmick), you can only make it one side to other using the bank and going through the pivot. Which a peeve of the design itself.

More so, groms will play skate at the pivot of the "V", right at the bottom of the only bank to get from side to side. Every time I go there these kids are flipping hospital flips and shooting out from trying triple nightmare underflips at the bottleneck.

I guess games of skate are a pet peeve of mine too. Probably cause I have awful flatground game, but playing skate seems asinine and the exact opposite of why I like skating in the first place. "oh I can do more tricks than you!" Maybe I'm just jaded ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2023, 07:01:05 AM »
Going past 90 getting into a fs nose slide, sticking and getting pitched, or it's more evil twin, popping too close and getting into an unplanned fs board slide of death.

Going to a new local and missing my first couple warm up kickflips and having some young drunk guy see it as an opening to come try and "teach me how to kickflip." Shit is annoying since mine is usually nicer than theirs anyway. Also you're sloppy shwasted at 1p on a Tuesday my guy, I don't envision a skateboarding love affair happening between us.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

greenbeans

« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2023, 10:50:58 PM »
My personal pet peeve isn”ghost pop” (when you do a trick without popping the tail on the ground). It angers me when it happens
Another thing is fucking pebbles. Hit one of those, and don’t see it coming, you can get folded.
That’s all I got for mine for now but wanna year other people too

Pebbles

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2023, 07:54:15 AM »
The college kids at my local.  Thankfully they'll all be heading home for summer soon.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2023, 04:08:49 PM »
Getting thrown off fs feebles and boardslides.
Manualing back in from blunts and noseblunt on transition.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #309 on: April 15, 2023, 01:14:37 AM »
'arch nemesis' characters being on all the sessions.

a good deal of my friends/acquaintances are through skating - so it's only natural that there are like 3 or 4 people that i absolutely really don't like being around at all - lately one of those guys is just everywhere i go and it's not like i can't still have a good skate when he's around, but it's just tainting my skate world brain.

anyway, every so often one of those skaters i know that i just don't enjoy is always around and i hate those times.

and another which i'm sure has been said plenty of times by others, but i'm sick of people thinking they can use my skateboard. unless i offer it to you, don't skate it. again, not really that big of a deal but it just bugs me.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »
landing primo/board landing in that position and bashing the fuck out of the axles, even when it doesn't actually do anything bad to my setup it pisses me off.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

switchfakie

« Reply #311 on: May 09, 2023, 07:20:22 AM »
dont skate slow if there are a lot of people skating the ledge - if you need to practice, do that shit on your own time, not peak hours when people are just tryna get it in and get that dopamine

when people shift their backfoot before popping

pushing immediately after landing a trick. i used to do this because i just always wanted to be skating fast, but i have learned from my despicable ways

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2023, 11:23:01 AM »
Another one: spacers not being wide enough by just a fraction. Thus not getting in contact with bearings and being effectively useless.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #313 on: July 19, 2023, 05:41:42 AM »
Maybe this is nitpicky but, when your board goes off away from you in the park and someone picks it up and hands it to you? Like actually puts it into your hands. IDK why but it's kind of annoying, like please just roll it back on the floor for me, that's where it needs to be. Is this just me?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #314 on: July 19, 2023, 08:14:00 AM »
Going past 90 getting into a fs nose slide, sticking and getting pitched, or it's more evil twin, popping too close and getting into an unplanned fs board slide of death.

Overshooting nose and tailslides is equal parts infuriating and terrifying.

Another thing that happens to me a lot on tailslides (especially backside tailslides) is if I bail after the pop, the board floats up, bounces off the box and starts casually rolling along in the exact spot where I'm trying to bail and run out.
Kinda hard to explain but it fucking sucks when it happens.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2023, 02:00:48 PM »
playing a game of skate to warm up and the other dude does every single possible annoying ass crossfoot/pretzel variation they can think of. i’ve never thought they looked good, never tried doing them, and i never will

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2023, 03:55:11 PM »
Maybe this is nitpicky but, when your board goes off away from you in the park and someone picks it up and hands it to you? Like actually puts it into your hands. IDK why but it's kind of annoying, like please just roll it back on the floor for me, that's where it needs to be. Is this just me?

I'm with you, really gives off "little kid sprinting across the park to pick your board up, but it's less than 2 feet away from you" vibes. It shouldn't but it really messes my flow up.

I can walk over and skate it from there just fine - don't worry about it, and don't touch my shit, guy.

Its on the same level as "are you okay?!" and it was the most gentle fall of your life.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2023, 04:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm with you, really gives off "little kid sprinting across the park to pick your board up, but it's less than 2 feet away from you" vibes. It shouldn't but it really messes my flow up.

I can walk over and skate it from there just fine - don't worry about it, and don't touch my shit, guy.

Its on the same level as "are you okay?!" and it was the most gentle fall of your life.

I'm gonna say, yeah, this is a level of gatekeeping/nitpicking where you both need to lighten the fuck up a bit.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2023, 04:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm gonna say, yeah, this is a level of gatekeeping/nitpicking where you both need to lighten the fuck up a bit.

Maybe. I'm not rude about it, and it doesn't ruin my day or anything. Just a minor annoyance that I immediately forget about.

I just say thank you and move on

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2023, 04:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe. I'm not rude about it, and it doesn't ruin my day or anything. Just a minor annoyance that I immediately forget about.

I reflected a bit cause I was thinking "what do I do when a stray board comes my way?"
It's not something I've ever even thought about or considered some kind of "etiquette" for.
I can say 99% of the time I just stop the person's board or maybe kick it back to them.
If I do pick up your board and hand it to you, it's because we're in a main thoroughfare of the park where people might be flying through at any moment and it's not appropriate for me to kick a board across it or for you to just jump back on and casually roll back to your preferred starting position.
Either way, it's never even occurred to me that someone handing me my board could be an annoyance.

As far as asking if you're okay after a wreck...
If someone rushed up to me like "Don't get up! Just breathe! Do you know what year it is?" that'd be annoying.
But a quick "you good?" and a nod has never even crossed my mind as being an annoyance.
Sometimes shit like rolled ankles are very unassuming to the onlooker.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2023, 04:59:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I reflected a bit cause I was thinking "what do I do when a stray board comes my way?"
It's not something I've ever even thought about or considered some kind of "etiquette" for.
I can say 99% of the time I just stop the person's board or maybe kick it back to them.
If I do pick up your board and hand it to you, it's because we're in a main thoroughfare of the park where people might be flying through at any moment and it's not appropriate for me to kick a board across it or for you to just jump back on and casually roll back to your preferred starting position.
Either way, it's never even occurred to me that someone handing me my board could be an annoyance.

If someone rushed up to me like "Don't get up! Just breathe! Do you know what year it is?" that'd be annoying.
But a quick "you good?" and a nod has never even crossed my mind as being an annoyance.

I don't disagree with any of the points you're making, but I've definitely had kids being like "are you ok?" after every time you come off your board. I'm not angry at them and I wouldn't do anything to make them feel uncomfortable, but it's definitely irritating and I'd rather they didn't. Unless I'm not getting up or I am broken in half or something I'd rather no one checked in on me - I find it super annoying. Also, I don't feel like it's always coming from a place of concern, but more just that it's somewhat exciting for them to watch someone falling over and run and grab your board and ask you questions and shit.

I work with kids for a living, kids are awesome and wonderful, but they're also super fucking annoying and sometimes you just don't want to deal with them.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2023, 09:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't disagree with any of the points you're making, but I've definitely had kids being like "are you ok?" after every time you come off your board. I'm not angry at them and I wouldn't do anything to make them feel uncomfortable, but it's definitely irritating and I'd rather they didn't. Unless I'm not getting up or I am broken in half or something I'd rather no one checked in on me - I find it super annoying. Also, I don't feel like it's always coming from a place of concern, but more just that it's somewhat exciting for them to watch someone falling over and run and grab your board and ask you questions and shit.

I work with kids for a living, kids are awesome and wonderful, but they're also super fucking annoying and sometimes you just don't want to deal with them.

Yes to all of the above.

Taking an actual slam that shakes the concrete is definitely worth a "you good?" but taking safety fall and having lil Timmy sprint over to you is the annoyance I'm referring to.

And the board thing is maybe more of a personal style, but it mostly messes with my flow rather than actively annoying me. And it really only gets to me if my board is still close to me - if it shoots across the spot/park, or is an interference, that's a different story. Its more like being snaked to pick my board up as I'm reaching to grab it.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2023, 07:06:22 AM »
Skating by myself but some rando is in the area doing something and won’t leave. Ruins my flow.

changed1

« Reply #323 on: July 25, 2023, 09:52:23 AM »
Might’ve been mentioned before but when some random comes up to me trying to play skate without even asking my name or anything first. Keep that competitive bullshit in organized sports.

When people ask to refill their water bottle with mine. Usually the same people sitting around while I’m dripping sweat skating hard.

When people bring up politics on the session.

Speakers and blasting music. Especially heinous at street spots.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #324 on: July 25, 2023, 12:17:01 PM »
People who show up to the park and just sit on the features and then don't move when someone comes to skate

al_cvbrera

« Reply #325 on: July 26, 2023, 04:46:01 PM »
if someone is recording me and i land a trick, please just shut the fuck up and not ruin the clip with your cheering in the background audio. i understand you’re hyped for me, but please just stay quiet because i’m gonna have to find a way to edit out your cheering… lol

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -444
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #326 on: July 26, 2023, 07:18:20 PM »
if someone is recording me and i land a trick, please just shut the fuck up and not ruin the clip with your cheering in the background audio. i understand you’re hyped for me, but please just stay quiet because i’m gonna have to find a way to edit out your cheering… lol

manuduncan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2023, 01:26:59 AM »
When you just set up a new deck and chip it within the first few times skating it

davy

• Rep: 9
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2023, 08:48:42 AM »
Loose hardware to where it sounds like my set up rattles when skating. People stomping their tricks so hard, its no wonder that your brand new board snapped. Wheel graphics facing outwards rather than showing the white side. Stock piling skate shit, makes me want to skate one of the new boards/shoes that I have in my room when I don't need to.

srfoden

• Rep: 1
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2023, 07:02:08 PM »
When you’ve gone skating with someone a few times, you know their name. Then you randomly run into them and pretend we don’t know each other.
Flakes. But I’m guilty of the too.
Lazerflips.
Dogs running, pissing, and shitting in the park.
People Spitting, littering when there’s a rubbish basket two feet away.
yo I can not even describe how much I hate that. I used to ride with this homie on the east coast and he knew my name and then I saw him on the west coast and he was with some good riders and he was like "what's your name again?" wackest shit ever.