Author Topic: Duffel Injured  (Read 4868 times)

Dooky-shoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Duffel Injured
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 08:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When did duffel become slaps sweetheart?
Isn’t he cancelled? You pals are so fickle.
[close]
He may be cancelled to you gimps but he certainly isn’t cancelled to me.
Also Kenny Anderson, Figgy and Fred Gall aren’t cancelled either and still have my full support.
Johan and Biebel can go to hell though.
[close]
When did Freddy get cancelled? Am I missing something?
[close]
He used the n word in a tweet 12 years ago so the SJW’s got upset.
It was in a mag, thats like a tweet but printed on paper. It’s what thasher used to be before it was a clothing company.
Crazy

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2020, 08:39:38 AM »
Double wrist casts reminded me - remember how he back tailed Oceanside hubba but they only got a photo
Goes back with filmer and he breaks both wrists

He handled some burly ass shit in his day
listen to cosmic psychos

michael scarn

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 09:01:42 AM »
Of course he's using this as an opportunity to plug his CBD sponsor

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »
When did duffel become slaps sweetheart?
Isn’t he cancelled? You pals are so fickle.

great question that i'll take at face value instead of addressing it as the signal virtue it actually is.

duffels talked, at length, about how remorseful he is. he's made amends, he's done the work, and he's talked to the people he hurt. he's done the work to understand why he said what he did, and doesn't try to shift blame. additionally, he's still talking about how remorseful he is to this day, like, 20 years later.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2020, 09:23:52 AM »
Y’all ever once hear Stevie Williams talking about how cool Duffman is? Nope. Never.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2020, 09:52:34 AM »
cbd lotion and canned water will cure what ails him

I know multiple people who rave about that Liquid Death canned water, swearing it’s the best and better, etc. I don’t get it.
I’ve been drinking quite literally nothing but water for years now, and that Liquid Death shit is just water. There is nothing special about it.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know multiple people who rave about that Liquid Death canned water, swearing it’s the best and better, etc. I don’t get it.
I’ve been drinking quite literally nothing but water for years now, and that Liquid Death shit is just water. There is nothing special about it.
Liquid death is a terrible name for a water company.
We literally need water to survive. Least dangerous thing ever.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2020, 11:16:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love watching videos of their riders crack open like 4 cans and pour them into their giant water bottles and just throw the cans away... just get a fuckin Brita dude

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Liquid death is a terrible name for a water company.
We literally need water to survive. Least dangerous thing ever.

Only in moderation. Drink responsibly, kids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2020, 04:50:23 PM »
Liquid Death biting craft beer's steez from ten years ago lol

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what’s so hard for you to understand about what’s special about liquid death? the name is bad frickin ass, and it comes in a can so it looks like i’m sessioning beers not gay ass water

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2020, 08:14:35 PM »
he wont need a brace or compression, his pants will increase his recovery time drastically
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2020, 08:20:07 PM »
He works at a record shop, and according to that Slam City interview he did recently working there a couple days week is about equivalent to his pro salary in the later years.

I thought he worked at some thrasher store too.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2020, 11:07:55 PM »
I had an ankle surgery when I was 18, one of my tendons was torn so bad that it had to be replaced. I was given 3 options, synthetic tendon (not strong enough for everyday skating), tendon from a horse mandible (stronger, but not the best), or cadaver. I chose cadaver tendon. There are inherent risks involved such as rejection, mobility issues, paralysis etc. I went for it, and it was fucking gnarly! I remember reading Jonny Layton I think had the same procedure and described it as his worst injury. I was on crutches for months, then a cane, and then had a limp for a long time. It was probably about a year til I could skate again. I came back stronger than ever though, and learned a lot of tricks post surgery, it was really rewarding. Downsides are that I can’t feel half of my foot, I couldn’t even move my pinky toe for a long time. It feels numb and asleep, and if it gets touched or grazed unexpectedly it almost hurts. I always have to wear ankle brace or high tops, and I can’t really jump down anything (especially being 30 now). Anyway I hope to see duffel out there at least pushing around soon...

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2020, 11:48:26 PM »
duffman was my favorite skate from 2007 to around 2010 still think he's rad  hope he gets well

Brguy

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2020, 01:29:18 AM »
I had an ankle surgery when I was 18, one of my tendons was torn so bad that it had to be replaced. I was given 3 options, synthetic tendon (not strong enough for everyday skating), tendon from a horse mandible (stronger, but not the best), or cadaver. I chose cadaver tendon. There are inherent risks involved such as rejection, mobility issues, paralysis etc. I went for it, and it was fucking gnarly! I remember reading Jonny Layton I think had the same procedure and described it as his worst injury. I was on crutches for months, then a cane, and then had a limp for a long time. It was probably about a year til I could skate again. I came back stronger than ever though, and learned a lot of tricks post surgery, it was really rewarding. Downsides are that I can’t feel half of my foot, I couldn’t even move my pinky toe for a long time. It feels numb and asleep, and if it gets touched or grazed unexpectedly it almost hurts. I always have to wear ankle brace or high tops, and I can’t really jump down anything (especially being 30 now). Anyway I hope to see duffel out there at least pushing around soon...
1 year actually seems like too little for something that big, I spent almost that when I broke my arm anyway, I'd happily take it for new tendons. I think I would consider the horse ones though, jumping down stuff is a big part of skating to me.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2020, 02:14:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I love watching videos of their riders crack open like 4 cans and pour them into their giant water bottles and just throw the cans away... just get a fuckin Brita dude

Brita Gang.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2020, 02:38:23 AM »
Expand Quote
He works at a record shop, and according to that Slam City interview he did recently working there a couple days week is about equivalent to his pro salary in the later years.
[close]

working a couple of days a week at a record store and he can still afford to live in SoCal?

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2020, 04:16:46 AM »
Maybe he bought that house in Walnut Creek in the mid 2000s before everything remotely close to SF got crazy?

He's sober and I often think of the property I could have bought with the money I've spunked in bars over the years.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2020, 07:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
1 year actually seems like too little for something that big, I spent almost that when I broke my arm anyway, I'd happily take it for new tendons. I think I would consider the horse ones though, jumping down stuff is a big part of skating to me.

Horse mandible tendon isn’t as strong though. I figured I’d stay within my species. I was in PT 5 days a week, had to kinda learn to walk again after being off it so long and having that kind of replacement. The procedure itself was super gnarly, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone and would take most other injuries over that. Especially if you’re jumping.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2020, 07:49:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

working a couple of days a week at a record store and he can still afford to live in SoCal?

Pretty sure he’s in Northern California. But yeah. Same question. Guess Foundation used to pay.