Author Topic: Improving fakie/nollie 180s, how do i late rotate?  (Read 689 times)

BieberStance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Improving fakie/nollie 180s, how do i late rotate?
« on: July 31, 2020, 05:24:45 PM »
i can do fakie and nollie 180s in all variations on, over and down stuff. but they are these simple pop and turn 180 while going up and down. what i see alot is people doing this super high fakie ollies or nollies and then kind of boning the turn of the 180. like a late 180 but different.
Will ad a clip if i can find tomorrow.

if anyone knows what i mean, what is the key to do them this way? i like alot how they look but i cant do them this way at all.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: Improving fakie/nollie 180s, how do i late rotate?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 07:31:59 PM »
First nollie then turn. Before all that have the ability to do so

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »
For fakie 1s (both ways) I just pop earlier than I feel comfortable and turn your shoulders before your feet.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

The Prophet.

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 03:54:51 AM »
I think of the upper and lower body as two different entities for late rotations. My lower body will act as if I'm doing an ollie over a high obstacles. My shoulders/upper body will wind up before the pop (like a normal 180) then rotate like a regular 180 after the pop. The key is, letting your upper body rotate first when you pop, then let it pull your legs/lower body with it later... instead of your lower body immediately rotating with your upper body.

Sorry man, I'm horrible at explaining this stuff. I probably didn't help at all lol

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 08:15:04 AM »
Shifties. Do shifties and you'll understand. Sheffey doing fakie ollie shifties in the Life vid prompted the first shifty I learned. It changed my approach forever.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 10:43:15 PM »
I think of the upper and lower body as two different entities for late rotations. My lower body will act as if I'm doing an ollie over a high obstacles. My shoulders/upper body will wind up before the pop (like a normal 180) then rotate like a regular 180 after the pop. The key is, letting your upper body rotate first when you pop, then let it pull your legs/lower body with it later... instead of your lower body immediately rotating with your upper body.

Sorry man, I'm horrible at explaining this stuff. I probably didn't help at all lol

That wasn’t horrible.  Probably explained it better than I could.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 04:58:01 AM »
Shifties. Do shifties and you'll understand. Sheffey doing fakie ollie shifties in the Life vid prompted the first shifty I learned. It changed my approach forever.

Damn right. For me it was Penny's frontside nollie shifties back when he was doing those for a hot minute. Teaches you some control over leveling the board out and tweaking tricks.

wrTcHDfKN4nTZ

• Rep: 3
  • Glue
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 06:15:01 PM »
Nollie and fakie 180s are different from normal ones because your momentum is moving towards your popping foot, so like rather than winding up and  rotating at the same time as popping and using your momentum to guide your back foot around, for nollie and fakie your upper body needs to rotate just before the pop, so that your lower body can follow it on the way up, and when its done well the peak of the 180 will be at 90 degrees and the last 90 will be on the way down. Because your popping from in front of you, the same direction your momentum is going, I think the biggest thing to pay attention to is balancing how quickly or aggressively you swing your shoulders around with how much power you put into popping, and timing them properly, once the height of your 180s is at its peak when your 90 degrees through it consistently you can start trying to bone them out on the way down, I think at about 80 degrees is where you want to start kicking forward with your front foot
Dude just pop...