Author Topic: Front Shuvs with no pop  (Read 673 times)

celery man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
  • thanks cinco
Front Shuvs with no pop
« on: August 01, 2020, 08:36:52 AM »
Does anyone have any tips on how to do these without popping the board? Like just to get the board to slide around 180 on the [front?] truck axis?

I never even considered them as possible until I saw The Boss do two fakie in his Firing Line years ago. SantaMonica courthouse seems very slippery to do them, but if you can do a shuv-it with zero pop on the roughest terrain you should be able to do front shuvs anywhere theoretically.

I always pop my front shuvs way too high to get them on lock and I think this would help with them.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
Re: Front Shuvs with no pop
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
Focus less on popping and more on the shuv motion.
Where do you place your back foot on the board?

Alternatively, don’t lift your front foot off the board...as much
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

biaherl

• Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 01:25:59 PM »
If you have any semblance of talent then unfortunately you will never be able to land one. Reynolds probably learned them when he was a kid just shortly after picking up a board

Fortunately for me having no talent they are the only shuvits I can do. It's more like a whipping action all ball of the foot and ankle power

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 04:44:17 PM »
Something lots of people don't realize is that rough terrain can help out tricks like a shove with no pop. When your on a smooth surface 100% of your wheels will be in contact with the ground causing more friction. On rough terrain your board will vibrate causing less wheels on the ground making trucks with zero pop actually slide easier.

Note, rough terrain still makes it harder for 90% of tricks.