Author Topic: Whose SOTY year wasn't their best year  (Read 9150 times)

Dick Dastardly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
  • Muttley!!!
Re: Whose SOTY year wasn't their best year
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2020, 07:52:41 PM »
Tony 1990 = Feasters video part lol
Danny Way 1991 = questionable - k
cardiel 1992 = dogtown video + probably went on thrasher trips
salman agah = dont know what label video would have been out fro mthat era
1994 Carroll Goldfish ok thats pretty decent part from him, dont know what else out that year really to compare it to
95 chris senn thats pre welcome to hell so not sure what part that would be for?
96 koston mouse, bs noseblunt hubba, makes sense
97 bob burnquist, pre anti hero vidoe would have just been contests i guess / 411
98 reynolds for what video? they knew the end was gonna be that good? lol
99 BA for Welcome to Hell makes sense
2000 rowley = 411 footage
2001 Arto = Menikmati
2002 Trujillo for in bloom lol. but he was more thrasher than everyone else beisdes trainwreck i guess.
2003 appleyard for sorry, ok
2004 danny way for mega ramp i guesss? had no one better to give it to? werent gonna give it to a east coast ledge guy.
2005 chris cole 3 flip wallenburg was that year. deserves it
2006 daewon cheese n crackers and he deserved it for all those other years lol but that vid was actually insane
2007 MJ for fully flared marks the era where basically a 3 in 1 video part sealed the deal (mind you he worked on that part for like 3 years which doesnt happen anymore)
2008 SBN insane year
honestly i kinda stoppe dcaring aobut skate videos after that though. really only started getting back into a few years ago . the way SOTY is now you need to put out 2 parts in 1 year minimum id say to be even considered. i dont think soty would care if someone dominated street league and x games, pedro  dominated vans park series and hes pretty gnar and dont think hes ever been on anyones radar for soty. seems like a video part is really what it does come down to these days.
Reynolds said Jake saw some of his footage and decided there and then he was soty.
He could of arguable won it 3 or 4 times, who won it the stay gold year?
Muttley!!!!

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Whose SOTY year wasn't their best year
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »
Tony 1990 = Feasters video part lol
Danny Way 1991 = questionable - k
cardiel 1992 = dogtown video + probably went on thrasher trips
salman agah = dont know what label video would have been out fro mthat era
1994 Carroll Goldfish ok thats pretty decent part from him, dont know what else out that year really to compare it to
95 chris senn thats pre welcome to hell so not sure what part that would be for?
96 koston mouse, bs noseblunt hubba, makes sense
97 bob burnquist, pre anti hero vidoe would have just been contests i guess / 411
98 reynolds for what video? they knew the end was gonna be that good? lol
99 BA for Welcome to Hell makes sense
2000 rowley = 411 footage
2001 Arto = Menikmati
2002 Trujillo for in bloom lol. but he was more thrasher than everyone else beisdes trainwreck i guess.
2003 appleyard for sorry, ok
2004 danny way for mega ramp i guesss? had no one better to give it to? werent gonna give it to a east coast ledge guy.
2005 chris cole 3 flip wallenburg was that year. deserves it
2006 daewon cheese n crackers and he deserved it for all those other years lol but that vid was actually insane
2007 MJ for fully flared marks the era where basically a 3 in 1 video part sealed the deal (mind you he worked on that part for like 3 years which doesnt happen anymore)
2008 SBN insane year
honestly i kinda stoppe dcaring aobut skate videos after that though. really only started getting back into a few years ago . the way SOTY is now you need to put out 2 parts in 1 year minimum id say to be even considered. i dont think soty would care if someone dominated street league and x games, pedro  dominated vans park series and hes pretty gnar and dont think hes ever been on anyones radar for soty. seems like a video part is really what it does come down to these days.
Carroll had like a crazy run from 92-94 (Questionable, Virtual Reality, FTC Finally) with Goldfish topping it off. It's hard to find exact release dates or what Thrasher counted as that year. I wouldn't be shocked if his FTC Finally part was included in that which was 1993 part if it was dropped in late 1993. Plus, Thrasher was an SF mag, and he was the Bay Area street skater killing it, and the previous non-vert guy to win was also Bay Area.

Apples won for Really Sorry, not Sorry.

Koston's BS-Noseblunt of Hubba was 98, and was used in Chocolate Tour (99). He probably got it due to Mouse and winning Tampa that year.