Author Topic: Memory Screen Remix: Brent Atchley  (Read 2905 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Memory Screen Remix: Brent Atchley
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 06:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Great job, man. Atchley had (has?) that magic.
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJq0aHiwI8

He's still got it.  :)

Also, this fucking rules.

Lordy the stuff on his IG profile does not do him justice. Thanks for that!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2020, 06:38:53 PM »

This is forever burned in my brain.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
Buncha wack park footage, I had so much respect for you at one point memory screen I cant believe you could stoop this low

Taking a remix just a little too seriously bud. It ok if you don't get it. We forgive you.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 05:49:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
2:36 - amazing tre flip
[close]

immediately after pushing, too. unreal
[close]
That was one of my favorites as a kid. He made skating those Nike’s look really cool at the time. I still wonder if he could’ve been a bigger name if he didn’t take the Element shoes side quest at his peak

I can't remember any footage in those Element shoes, I feel like they just started that shoe program and got canned right away. I do feel like it was weird he never got a big shoe deal though, his Element parts circulated the internet pretty hard when they came out and his name was starting to get some real traction.

I always tripped on his 7.5 setup, I guess he needed it for that snap and swiftness. Here's some picture of his buyer's guide interview from 2010 where he talks about his setup and shoes, click the imgur link under the picture and scroll for higher resolution pics.

https://imgur.com/a/sQTm0fP

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2020, 07:09:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That was one of my favorites as a kid. He made skating those Nike’s look really cool at the time. I still wonder if he could’ve been a bigger name if he didn’t take the Element shoes side quest at his peak
[close]

I can't remember any footage in those Element shoes, I feel like they just started that shoe program and got canned right away. I do feel like it was weird he never got a big shoe deal though, his Element parts circulated the internet pretty hard when they came out and his name was starting to get some real traction.

I always tripped on his 7.5 setup, I guess he needed it for that snap and swiftness. Here's some picture of his buyer's guide interview from 2010 where he talks about his setup and shoes, click the imgur link under the picture and scroll for higher resolution pics.

No other pro will get a lien photo to look like this.  No one else has his technique.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2020, 07:24:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Fucking hell, 7.5 and 49mm wheels and ripping transitions!!!

I remember kinda hating on the pushes trough Burnside, now they are one of the best bits. Such a rad style.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2020, 02:16:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I remember kinda hating on the pushes trough Burnside, now they are one of the best bits. Such a rad style.

I guess it makes sense that he had such a light setup to facilitate that twitchy style. Kids now will never know.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess it makes sense that he had such a light setup to facilitate that twitchy style. Kids now will never know.

It won't look like this on an 8.5

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2020, 02:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Buncha wack park footage, I had so much respect for you at one point memory screen I cant believe you could stoop this low
[close]

Taking a remix just a little too seriously bud. It ok if you don't get it. We forgive you.
Save your forgiveness. That dudes a kook.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Great job, man. Atchley had (has?) that magic.
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJq0aHiwI8

He's still got it.  :)

Also, this fucking rules.

So sick, thanks for that.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2020, 06:19:27 PM »
I dig this. He’s got a nice flow and the pony tail vibe is real. He don’t.       B
Fake .

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It won't look like this on an 8.5

Gripping this board over his trucks? That must be the secret to his flow style.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated