Author Topic: How to put weight on feet  (Read 872 times)

Don

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
How to put weight on feet
« on: August 03, 2020, 06:42:43 PM »
I have disbalanced feet problem, I can do crooked grinds, nosegrinds, noseslides no problem, but I can’t do proper tailslides, 5-0s, smiths and feebles and I try to do them for many years. I can’t put weight on my back foot all my weight on the front foot and because of that my regular flip tricks are pretty good but can’t do nollie and switch(I try but it pretty bad). I don’t do transition(we don’t have parks in my town) to learn how to shift my weight. And I need some advice pls help. And sorry if it was hard to read.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1221
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: How to put weight on feet
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »
Maybe practice a bunch of 5-0 and tail stalls on a little, unwaxed curb riding up at almost a perpendicular angle and try to hold them there.  That way you can get used to the weight distribution on the least-intimidating obstacle without having to worry about slipping out.

Once you get the feel for them and get a little more confident, you can start little by little going faster and at a more parallel angle and voila!...watch as that stall gradually becomes a grind/slide.  Gotta crawl before you can walk, y’know?

Just remember to invite me on your soty trip when the time comes.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 07:48:04 AM »
Maybe practice a bunch of 5-0 and tail stalls on a little, unwaxed curb riding up at almost a perpendicular angle and try to hold them there.  That way you can get used to the weight distribution on the least-intimidating obstacle without having to worry about slipping out.

Once you get the feel for them and get a little more confident, you can start little by little going faster and at a more parallel angle and voila!...watch as that stall gradually becomes a grind/slide.  Gotta crawl before you can walk, y’know?

Just remember to invite me on your soty trip when the time comes.

Thank you!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 10:08:43 AM »
Can you do manuals on curbs ? work on them, it will help for 5-O balance

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 10:33:18 PM »
Try learning some back foot flatground tricks too like no complies and impossibles.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 03:32:15 AM »