Author Topic: Astrology and Skateboarding  (Read 16578 times)

Digital Rasta

Astrology and Skateboarding
« on: August 05, 2020, 07:57:40 AM »
This thread is for fellow believers in Astrology to discuss. If you don't believe in Zodiac Signs miss me with the 'OMG that stuff is bullshit' comments, I'm a firm believer and you can't convince me otherwise. Since I started studying I have noticed there are a lot of believers who skateboard and also a lot of skaters who think it is nonsense, I have also noticed a lot of unusual 'coincidences' in pro skating related to Astrology. For example, P-Rod, Ryan Sheckler, PJ Ladd, Pat Duffy and Jereme Rogers are all Capricorns, who made up almost the entire Plan B team at one point, and Cap is the statistically least common sign. I remember a vid of Sean Sheffey asking Josh Kalis his sign, Josh seemed kinda weirded out. Beagle made a reference to Reynolds as a 'Gemini spazz' and Andrew has the symbol for Gemini tattooed on his index finger. Reynolds and Rowley, arguably the two most important legends of the 2000s, have the same birthday 6/6. Let's talk about who we share a birthday with- I'm born 12/14, I'm a Sagittarius and I share a birthday with John Cardiel, Jesse Paez, Nostradamus, Stan Smith the tennis legend (hate his shoe) the bassist from AC/DC and Offset from Migos.

ride the tiger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
  • Are you telling me a shrimp fried this rice?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Astrology and Skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 08:05:05 AM »
Im march 8

Pisces

What can you predict for my future?

My unpopular opinion is that this forum is actually not about skateboarding.

Yu Dum

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:05:27 AM »
Interesting to a degree, but most of this shit just goes right over my head. My wife tries to talk to me about it, but I guess my disinterest prevents me from wanting to understand.
To contribute, though; my birthday is 8/11. Same as Justin Henry, Hulk Hogan (fuck that racist mf), Chris Hemsworth, Joe Rogan (fuck him, too), and Steve Wozniak.
I don't know of any other AMs or Pros with whom I share a birthday, though.

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
Don’t know about this star shit but this one good

Digital Rasta

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 08:12:02 AM »
Interesting to a degree, but most of this shit just goes right over my head. My wife tries to talk to me about it, but I guess my disinterest prevents me from wanting to understand.
To contribute, though; my birthday is 8/11. Same as Justin Henry, Hulk Hogan (fuck that racist mf), Chris Hemsworth, Joe Rogan (fuck him, too), and Steve Wozniak.
Lots of Leos who skate, they have some of the best styles. Leo is a Fire sign like Sagittarius and a lot of us are drawn to skateboarding or any kind of fountain of youth activity

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 08:12:24 AM »

At least you’ve got this goin for you.

Any fellow libra skaters out there?

Edit - I predict this thread to be a dumpster fire within the hour
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 08:12:55 AM »
If Jupiter is in the seventh house as the moon is entering a waxing gibbous, somethings gettin’ kicky backlipped and that’s all I’ve got to say on the subject.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 08:14:35 AM »
I am a T-Rex
Yeah, Tyrannosaurus Rex

i think Mason Silva is too

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »
I’m a Capricorn. Two of my best skater friends are Gemini’s. One time I dated an Aquarius and a Libra, not at the same time. Also I share birthdays with Dave Matthews, Joan Baez, Sean Paul, and Richard Nixon.

cookiecuttersuburb

• Rep: -18
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 08:19:03 AM »
Leo Romero

Thread\

Digital Rasta

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 08:20:25 AM »
Leo Romero

Thread\
Nov. 28th? Same birthday as Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Lee. That's a good one

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 08:24:03 AM »
I heard Louie Barletta isn't actually a Taurus.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 78
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 08:25:16 AM »
Don’t know about this star shit but this one good

andre’s last verse is one for the ages. shout out to pisces

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 08:30:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Lots of Leos who skate, they have some of the best styles. Leo is a Fire sign like Sagittarius and a lot of us are drawn to skateboarding or any kind of fountain of youth activity

As a fellow Leo who shares a birthday with Chief Keef I want to assume he'd also have good style.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 08:34:30 AM »
Astrology is silly. I just pray into my hat to an invisible man in the sky for guidance.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 08:35:32 AM »
Christmas Complete is P Rod confirmed.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 08:42:00 AM »
Im a Libra and share a birthday with Simon Cowell, Vladimir Putin, and Toni Braxton. Do Libras have better balance maybe? I don't know how it relates to skating but I'm curious. Don't really believe in it but I find it interesting.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Little Debbie

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 08:50:44 AM »
i share a birthday with Gonz. June 1!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 08:51:06 AM »
How does this remain a thing? How, after we gained even the most basic understanding of the sparkly things in the sky, do people get into this stuff?

Why the hell would Mars--a floating ball of silicon, iron, magnesium, aluminum, calcium, and potassium--have any affect on anything in my life?

And everyone with the same birthday has the same personality and now skating ability?

Astrology is the first step in becoming a conspiracy kook.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Digital Rasta

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 08:53:30 AM »
Im a Libra and share a birthday with Simon Cowell, Vladimir Putin, and Toni Braxton. Do Libras have better balance maybe? I don't know how it relates to skating but I'm curious. Don't really believe in it but I find it interesting.
Each Sign is associated with a different region of body parts on a human body. Libra corresponds with the lower back, the buttocks and the kidneys. The lumbar region and gluteus maximus are very important to staying balanced

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »
I'm a Libra, too, and my most marked characteristic is that I'm super indecisive. I wonder if that's related somehow...

Someone I used to date would constantly say shit like, "But you're Libra on the cusp of Scorpio, of course you don't want to move in together." I was like, "Damn bitch, can you just let a Libra weigh his options real quick?!"

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2518
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 08:56:25 AM »
How does this remain a thing? How, after we gained even the most basic understanding of the sparkly things in the sky, do people get into this stuff?

Why the hell would Mars--a floating ball of silicon, iron, magnesium, aluminum, calcium, and potassium--have any affect on anything in my life?

And everyone with the same birthday has the same personality and now skating ability?

I think a tarot reading could answer those questions for you.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Digital Rasta

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 08:56:53 AM »

I'm a student of Astrology for 15 years and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Any of them. Please don't turn this into another political thread.

Glurmpz

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 09:02:46 AM »
I remember a vid of Sean Sheffey asking Josh Kalis his sign, Josh seemed kinda weirded out.

Fuck, Kalis is the man. And of course Shef was the astrology believer in this situation. If you ever met both individuals that would instantly make sense to you.  ;D

Glurmpz

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 09:05:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm a student of Astrology for 15 years and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Any of them. Please don't turn this into another political thread.

Ummmm, where? Astrology has not been considered legitimate as an area of study for a looooong time. Lol.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ummmm, where? Astrology has not been considered legitimate as an area of study for a looooong time. Lol.
No shit, Captain Obvious. There's thousands of books about it, you study something you're a student of it. DUHHH I mean I learned everything from ancient wise men, STAR CHART WHISPERERS

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 09:10:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm a Libra, too, and my most marked characteristic is that I'm super indecisive. I wonder if that's related somehow...

Someone I used to date would constantly say shit like, "But you're Libra on the cusp of Scorpio, of course you don't want to move in together." I was like, "Damn bitch, can you just let a Libra weigh his options real quick?!"

The funny because I too am indecisive as hell. Maybe there's something to this star strewn madness.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Digital Rasta

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »
This thread is for fellow believers in Astrology to discuss. If you don't believe in Zodiac Signs miss me with the 'OMG that stuff is bullshit' comments, I'm a firm believer and you can't convince me otherwise.
Did you guys miss this part? It was the first couple sentences. Did Glurmpz really think anybody goes to college for 15 years?

Glurmpz

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 09:14:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No shit, Captain Obvious. There's thousands of books about it, you study something you're a student of it.

Well lets be fair - using the term student is meant as an attempt to make it sound more legit, when there's no way you learned any of that nonsense in an academic setting. 

Glurmpz

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 09:16:13 AM »
Expand Quote
This thread is for fellow believers in Astrology to discuss. If you don't believe in Zodiac Signs miss me with the 'OMG that stuff is bullshit' comments, I'm a firm believer and you can't convince me otherwise.
[close]
Did you guys miss this part? It was the first couple sentences. Did Glurmpz really think anybody goes to college for 15 years?

Adding a disclaimer that you don't like to be criticized about your naive belief doesn't mean anything. You posted this on a public forum so we're well within our rights to mock you for your gullibility.

I'm sorry, but this era of Trump has made me hypersensitive to bullshit. You wanna believe in dumb stuff, that's fine. You wanna come outside with your tinfoil hat and signs making a racket? Be ready to get called out.