Author Topic: New CK1  (Read 7362 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: New CK1
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 07:52:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  Just a word to the wise on the side is; don't associate with x cons- they're on another level after being in there.
[close]

what are you implying? have you been behind bars or something?
[close]

"Implying"?   tf?    no as a matter of fact I havent but it could happen to anyone.  Anyone could get done just having an interaction with the police.  Drug charge or somthing, change your life.  Im not labeling ex cons for what they did to get in there.  Im just judging them cause theyre mentally fucked.  You can't cage a human being and expect any less. Be careful out there is all.
[close]

that what i meant, you're implying that anybody who has gone to jail should not be trusted, so what would your propose to do with former inmates?
[close]
   Well we should stay the fuck out of they're way once they paid they're debt.  I just avoid like the plague myself.  You can work away yourself tho.  Ha sorry to rain on the funeral.
[close]

Sure, you have the right ideas, but its smug mothefuckers like you that are the actual problem. It's like saying that a person is "not the same after living in a poor community". They've gotta be fucked in the head, right? If it wasn't 2020, you'd probably be racist too.
[close]
      How did i end up as "probably racist" if i had a time machine?  That's cray!   Just relating my experiences.  Not big on ex cons or whatever the tech word is.  Not saying anything else.      Lets work on the systemic issues that are the cause the problems i bring up.    These problems are real and well documented.
[close]
Bring the hard evidence then.
It’s fairly clear that the slave owners were governed by the same logic as you - e.g. “these people are savages because they’re of a different ethnicity, therefore we're superior”. Prioritizing any experience or factor over human nature and making gross generalizations like yours just signifies to me that you’d probably follow the same logical trait in other circumstances.
[close]
    So you are equating "different ethnicity" with 'jail rat' for your argument to label me a black slave owner.  You're really goin for it. edit also your asking someone to produce evidence of systemic racism?  Really?
[close]

Evidence that all ex-cons are mentally or psychologically inferior, dumbass. That’s what you said, isn’t it?
I think your use of the term “jail rat” is enough in itself for anybody to understand the root of your prejudice.
  No that's what you assumed.   Systemic  problems and systemic racism creates the shit prison and court systems that fuck our society.  Drug prohibition and other archaic shit.  Like I said, don't shoot the messenger.    and sorry i uttered "jailrat"  -jesus jumped up Christ!!
  edit I wasnt' inferring ex cons were psychologically inferior.  More like psychologically superior in some senses.  They got patience and understand social dynamics in a deeper more life and death sense.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »
Fuck you givecigs, you’re a piece of shit.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 08:02:34 AM »
Fuck you givecigs, you’re a piece of shit.
  that's just giving up

Technique

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 08:26:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  Just a word to the wise on the side is; don't associate with x cons- they're on another level after being in there.
[close]

what are you implying? have you been behind bars or something?
[close]

"Implying"?   tf?    no as a matter of fact I havent but it could happen to anyone.  Anyone could get done just having an interaction with the police.  Drug charge or somthing, change your life.  Im not labeling ex cons for what they did to get in there.  Im just judging them cause theyre mentally fucked.  You can't cage a human being and expect any less. Be careful out there is all.
[close]

that what i meant, you're implying that anybody who has gone to jail should not be trusted, so what would your propose to do with former inmates?
[close]
   Well we should stay the fuck out of they're way once they paid they're debt.  I just avoid like the plague myself.  You can work away yourself tho.  Ha sorry to rain on the funeral.
[close]

Sure, you have the right ideas, but its smug mothefuckers like you that are the actual problem. It's like saying that a person is "not the same after living in a poor community". They've gotta be fucked in the head, right? If it wasn't 2020, you'd probably be racist too.
[close]
      How did i end up as "probably racist" if i had a time machine?  That's cray!   Just relating my experiences.  Not big on ex cons or whatever the tech word is.  Not saying anything else.      Lets work on the systemic issues that are the cause the problems i bring up.    These problems are real and well documented.
[close]
Bring the hard evidence then.
It’s fairly clear that the slave owners were governed by the same logic as you - e.g. “these people are savages because they’re of a different ethnicity, therefore we're superior”. Prioritizing any experience or factor over human nature and making gross generalizations like yours just signifies to me that you’d probably follow the same logical trait in other circumstances.
[close]
    So you are equating "different ethnicity" with 'jail rat' for your argument to label me a black slave owner.  You're really goin for it. edit also your asking someone to produce evidence of systemic racism?  Really?
[close]

Evidence that all ex-cons are mentally or psychologically inferior, dumbass. That’s what you said, isn’t it?
I think your use of the term “jail rat” is enough in itself for anybody to understand the root of your prejudice.
[close]
  No that's what you assumed.   Systemic  problems and systemic racism creates the shit prison and court systems that fuck our society.  Drug prohibition and other archaic shit.  Like I said, don't shoot the messenger.    and sorry i uttered "jailrat"  -jesus jumped up Christ!!
  edit I wasnt' inferring ex cons were psychologically inferior.  More like psychologically superior in some senses.  They got patience and understand social dynamics in a deeper more life and death sense.
So you’re equating patient, well socially adjusted, and mindful people to plague then? Maybe they’re plague to you because you are none of those things? I think we’re in the clear now.

Technique

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 08:46:56 AM »
Givecigs got cucked by an ex-con confirmed

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »

No but Ive dealt with them.  You can't fuck around in prison and if you're in there for long in a sense you never leave.  Apparently anyone who was in there for long hold their shoulders and neck super stiff.  Physical affect of imprisonment.
 Prison is a bizarre social environment.   

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No but Ive dealt with them.  You can't fuck around in prison and if you're in there for long in a sense you never leave.  Apparently anyone who was in there for long hold their shoulders and neck super stiff.  Physical affect of imprisonment.

You’re making dumb generalizations.  Not every prison is the same (minimum to maximum security prisons have wildly different experiences, as are federal vs state penitentiaries) and you need to be more specific with what you mean as a “long” time as a prison sentence.   With your Willie Horton fearin’ old ass. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2020, 10:37:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You’re making dumb generalizations.  Not every prison is the same (minimum to maximum security prisons have wildly different experiences, as are federal vs state penitentiaries) and you need to be more specific with what you mean as a “long” time as a prison sentence.   With your Willie Horton fearin’ old ass.
   "Prison is a bizarre social environment" is hardly a dumb generalization.  Stop ur weird campaign against me A Apple in which you've repeated yourself many times.  "its really quite impressive how dumb you are blah blah blah"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
   "Prison is a bizarre social environment" is hardly a dumb generalization.  Stop ur weird campaign against me A Apple in which you've repeated yourself many times.  "its really quite impressive how dumb you are blah blah blah"

I’m referring to all the generalizations you’ve made in your arguments so far, not the very last sentence you wrote.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2020, 10:49:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m referring to all the generalizations you’ve made in your arguments so far, not the very last sentence you wrote.
  Which one was so dumb?  My assertion to be clear is that inmates are phychollogically affected and socially affected, (yes a mis spelled generalization but its not 'dumb' at all)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
  Which one was so dumb?  My assertion to be clear is that inmates are phychollogically affected and socially affected, (yes a mis spelled generalization but its not 'dumb' at all)

From the top:

Your generalizations are equating all prison experiences to be equal regardless of time served, security level of prison, or whether it is a state or federal institution, and its location in the country.   I can almost guarantee that Cory Kennedy is not having the same prison experience as someone at Riker’s Island. 

No one debates that traumatic experiences can cause PTSD, but you started off this whole conversation with advising people to shun ex-cons as a result of how their experiences have affected them.   

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2020, 11:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

From the top:

Expand Quote
[close]

Your generalizations are equating all prison experiences to be equal regardless of time served, security level of prison, or whether it is a state or federal institution, and its location in the country.   I can almost guarantee that Cory Kennedy is not having the same prison experience as someone at Riker’s Island. 

No one debates that traumatic experiences can cause PTSD, but you started off this whole conversation with advising people to shun ex-cons as a result of how their experiences have affected them.
  Fair play.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
As someone who has friends serve time, and has worked in the rehabilitation system: Get fucked you narrow minded shit stain.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2020, 09:45:09 AM »
 in the states you get racists who tone down and calculate there message so that they sound normal so they can push their racist agenda unchecked.  Im from Canada and the uk some and when i was saying my shiddy thing about the ex jail people, I'm not saying it from that politically raciallized polarized U.S perspective.  Just wanted to clarify.  Thanks for the good points pointing out the fallacy to what i was saying about the ex cons or felons. 

Hombreezy

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2020, 12:31:36 PM »
That's crazy, I didn't know they let people out of jail to go to funerals.
Same, I thought that was just a plot device in Man on A Ledge

must be nice

• Rep: 8
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2020, 12:41:35 AM »
i cant fully grasp sharing funeral experiences on instagram.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2020, 06:23:04 AM »
This made my day, can't wait for him to be physically free.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2020, 07:24:24 AM »
Maybe I am a damaged individual but I hope someone caves your head in givecigstosurfgroms

I would fair drown you ass in the water cunt
listen to cosmic psychos

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »
^ yes you are a damaged individual, givecigs said in his previous post that he was thankful someone had pointed out the shortcomings in his logic regarding ex cons, and was clearly taking peoples valid points on board.
give the guy a chance to grow for pete's sake.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »
CK1 is an excellent dude, skated with him once on Vashon at that warehouse park, he was incredible to watch
I dont believe he should be exiled, it was an unfortunate series of events. PStone most likely has driven drunk thousands of times and simply got away with it, couldve been anyone. At least they didnt kill a random pedestrian as well

Long Live Cory.. cant wait for more footage.
two times

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2020, 08:01:49 PM »
i cant fully grasp sharing funeral experiences on instagram.

It’s a memorial.   Want to share and celebrate his life and doing so on IG helps family and friends who can’t attend.  It’s not like There’s an open casket selfie

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2020, 08:23:33 PM »
That’s fair. Sometimes I drink and get on here and tee off on people

I’ll try to actually read the threads next time

It’s pretty cringe going at strangers on the internet
listen to cosmic psychos

thomas kook

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2020, 11:06:39 PM »
Maybe I am a damaged individual but I hope someone caves your head in givecigstosurfgroms

I would fair drown you ass in the water cunt

this is way dumber than anything else in this thread dude cmon.

you all are going at givecigs way too hard, just assume he's had some life experience causing these different opinions and be nice about it. i'm sure i'll be stubborn too when i'm over 40

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2020, 04:22:55 AM »
you all are going at givecigs way too hard, just assume he's had some life experience causing these different opinions and be nice about it. i'm sure i'll be stubborn too when i'm over 40

he also hit his head and nothing’s been the since same, I mean, nothing’s been the since… been the same since… since he hit his head

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2020, 10:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he also hit his head and nothing’s been the since same, I mean, nothing’s been the since… been the same since… since he hit his head

The use of “surf groms” or just “groms” in general seems very weird from a Canadian or Brit.   I could have sworn he owned a Skateshop in Huntington Beach that only carries Black Label pool shapes and heavy duty knee pads

bo bice

• Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2020, 11:34:01 PM »
Do you think hes somebodies bitch in there or you think somebodies his bitch? Anyway hope your butthole is holding up in there ol buddy. see ya soon

Every post of yours is asinine.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2020, 11:53:18 PM »
Glad he's looking in good shape. Sucks to lose your father while in jail, on top of the burden of knowing you are at fault for a close friend's death. I hope he still has a passion to be a professional skateboarder when he gets out. I don't think he'll ever stop skating, but given how well known what he did is, he may not like the stigma (and assholes who always have something to say online) of his biggest mistake being known almost anywhere he goes. A friend did something similar, and the stigma of feeling everyone knew you were at fault for a mistake on that level, even if people didn't it was emotionally draining and terrible for his mental health (combined with the obvious guilt).

Selfishly, I obviously want to see him skate to his potential with a comeback part. He was my favorite of the new generation of riders to emerge over the past 10 years or so. One of the few who can legitimately do anything on a board. Pretty Sweet still has its flaws, but I'll always love that part. A bunch of crazy-ass innovative tech tricks balanced with a lot of unique spots and tasteful tricks.