Author Topic: best wireless earbuds for skating?  (Read 4166 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
best wireless earbuds for skating?
« on: August 01, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »
are apple airpods good to skate in or are they overpriced? suggestions warmly welcomed

Peepeeboy69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: best wireless earbuds for skating?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »
i bought refurbished galaxy buds on ebay for like $45 and they work just fine, now going on 6 months in.

tbh not a fan of skating with earbuds on cause then u don't get to hear the sounds of skating as much which takes away like 50% of the fun for me. Also something u wouldn't notice till u try them they tend to trap heat in the ears so my ears get all sweaty and the earbuds get gross.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 08:08:48 PM »
airpods are overpriced/over rated

i wish i could use stealth wireless buds but none of the models can realistically resist the jarring skate impacts IMHO

you need those models that either
-are Bluetooth (two buds connected by a battery/wire)
-have major/big ear hooks - like beats
-are headphones

id recommend a V-shaped soundstage since your skating and its hard to enjoy the lyrics vs the bassline/general sound
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 08:11:17 PM »
i bought refurbished galaxy buds on ebay for like $45 and they work just fine, now going on 6 months in.

tbh not a fan of skating with earbuds on cause then u don't get to hear the sounds of skating as much which takes away like 50% of the fun for me. Also something u wouldn't notice till u try them they tend to trap heat in the ears so my ears get all sweaty and the earbuds get gross.

Your not suppose to crank the volume, put it as high as you can while still being able to hear your board lol.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:33:14 PM »
Ive used the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2018 which have built in MP3 so you can still listen the music without connecting to your phone on BT which can be spotty on a big park full of obstacles. I don't like skating with my phone either so this is a great feature to have. Stopped using them during skating since hearing the pop of my tail helps my tricks, plus you miss out the sounds of a grind or slide. Also makes it hard to have a conversation with people if you're always plugged up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 03:41:31 AM »
Soundpeats truengine 3SE..budget friendly true wireless earphones..

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 04:15:46 AM »
Jaybird Tarah Pro.
Its got a braided cable u can tighten. You can also turn the buds so u can use the braided cable as ear hooks.
Long battery life and ok sound too!

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 06:04:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Your not suppose to crank the volume, put it as high as you can while still being able to hear your board lol.

It's mostly the noise isolation from the rubber tips numbing down the sound, like skating with ur finger in ur ear

Ghost Face

• Rep: 107
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 05:48:01 AM »
Ive used the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2018 which have built in MP3 so you can still listen the music without connecting to your phone on BT which can be spotty on a big park full of obstacles. I don't like skating with my phone either so this is a great feature to have. Stopped using them during skating since hearing the pop of my tail helps my tricks, plus you miss out the sounds of a grind or slide. Also makes it hard to have a conversation with people if you're always plugged up.

Yeah these things are great. They have 4Gb storage in each bub so you can load music directly onto them. You need the same tracks on both buds. I have a little park near my office for lunch break sessions. I leave my phone at work and just use my buds. No phone to crash on or have rattling around in my pocket. Had then since release in 2018. Best money I ever spent on an electronic item.

Edit: They have an "ambient sound" feature you can turn on that enhances localized noise so you can actually hear the snap and other close sounds but filters out the wider sounds from across the park.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Technique

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 07:25:26 AM »
Don’t exist. Just tuck the wired shits under you shirt. I think it’s the most arrogant look ever to wear wireless earbuds skating. Even when I had mine I’d never wear them to skate.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082DFCVPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Better than Beats Pro (have used both). Currently using these for working out and skating.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 10:43:09 AM »
I have the Sony WX1000 or whatever they are and they're a great product and sound leagues better than the Airpods, however I know for a fact they would go flying if I tried to skate in them and I saw a dude at the park yesterday with Airpods that sat still the whole time he skated

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 10:44:22 AM »
Skating with earbuds is wack.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 10
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »
https://rayconglobal.com/

Use code Steve15 to get 15% off your first purchase...

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »
are apple airpods good to skate in or are they overpriced? suggestions warmly welcomed

galaxy buds are very good for skating. you can get the older models on sale right at best buy for $75 or the newer ones for $110. the different sized ear tips and wings are a plus. also the newer galaxy buds have a nice app that allows better control over the sound.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »
I’ve skated with the jaybird vistas. Bluetooth/wireless, actually fit tight enough for running,skating etc. Kinda pricey.

I skate solo a lot and have worn them in the past. Real tough to get used to no skate sounds though. A soundless (to me) slappy just isn’t the same.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's mostly the noise isolation from the rubber tips numbing down the sound, like skating with ur finger in ur ear
Ahh okay i didn't think of that big ups.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 06:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

galaxy buds are very good for skating. you can get the older models on sale right at best buy for $75 or the newer ones for $110. the different sized ear tips and wings are a plus. also the newer galaxy buds have a nice app that allows better control over the sound.

I'm using the 2018 version which I managed to grab at a discount. The rubber bits are starting to get a sticky but I can live with it. Maybe I got a defective pair but I get occasional humming noises and track stops, it only goes away after I re-seat them in my ear. Little niggles like this but I can live with it.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 01:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah these things are great. They have 4Gb storage in each bub so you can load music directly onto them. You need the same tracks on both buds. I have a little park near my office for lunch break sessions. I leave my phone at work and just use my buds. No phone to crash on or have rattling around in my pocket. Had then since release in 2018. Best money I ever spent on an electronic item.

Edit: They have an "ambient sound" feature you can turn on that enhances localized noise so you can actually hear the snap and other close sounds but filters out the wider sounds from across the park.
Rarely use headphones but not needing a phone might have me sold on these.

Looked into it so a forewarning to anyone who might buy: the Galaxy Buds don't have the internal storage feature, it's the Samsung Gear IconX meaning amazon or eBay might be the only option

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 01:41:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Rarely use headphones but not needing a phone might have me sold on these.

Looked into it so a forewarning to anyone who might buy: the Galaxy Buds don't have the internal storage feature, it's the Samsung Gear IconX meaning amazon or eBay might be the only option

My bad, forgot the name changed post 2018. Sony has some decent MP3 ones too but the battery life can't compare with the Samsung ones with the charging case. Another (pricier) alternative would be to get a mid-high range smart watch with LTE so you can stream Spotify and BT connect it to your earbuds. But that money that could be better spend on New Balance 440s or more BBS boards.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 05:59:59 AM »
Pocketed a pair of these from work sometime ago, they're actually really good.

https://www.iluv.com/products/true-wireless-bluetooth-50-earbuds-ipx6-waterproof
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 10:44:54 PM »
Jaybird Tarah Pro.
Its got a braided cable u can tighten. You can also turn the buds so u can use the braided cable as ear hooks.
Long battery life and ok sound too!

Just dont charge em with a phone charger, it fucks up the battery. Have to be charged with a low output usb port, like a laptop, which is annoying. But the sweat resistance is top notch, could skate em hard in summer with no worries.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?