Author Topic: Can anyone tell me about this board? Girl Skateboards Stanley Cup Series  (Read 1759 times)

SeanFTW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Sup y'all! 20 year skater here, first post on here, just looking to see if anyone has any info on this board. I've had it for like 15+ years now, it's a pretty cherished possession as I've always been a huge fan skateboarding AND the Montreal Canadiens. An old buddy of mine from back in the day worked in the industry and hooked me up with this. I think it was a limited run by Girl, but to this day I've never seen anything about it. Years ago on a google image search I think I saw a Leafs one, but that was it. Would love to know if anybody has one of these, or knows anything about them.

Thanks guys! Hope my first post isn't too obnoxious or out of line or anything

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Bummer it doesn’t have anyone’s name on it. Is there any graphic or words on the top?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SeanFTW

Bummer it doesn’t have anyone’s name on it. Is there any graphic or words on the top?

Just the girl logo above the hardware on the tail side

Crap

• Rep: 77
I don't know the origin or why they did this, but I'm pretty sure they did one for all of the Canadian NHL teams. If I remember correctly; based on the logos and team colours (side profile Senators logo, navy/copper Oilers colours), they came out in the early to mid 2000's. Since they didn't make any American teams, I would think they were made to sell in Canada, but I have no idea if that's true.

SeanFTW

I don't know the origin or why they did this, but I'm pretty sure they did one for all of the Canadian NHL teams. If I remember correctly; based on the logos and team colours (side profile Senators logo, navy/copper Oilers colours), they came out in the early to mid 2000's. Since they didn't make any American teams, I would think they were made to sell in Canada, but I have no idea if that's true.

That would make sense as to why it's so hard to find info on them, if it was a Canada-only thing.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
Maybe try emailing McCrank's shop and see if they know? Seems like a good place to start.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Maybe try emailing McCrank's shop and see if they know? Seems like a good place to start.

I also second this. Reach out to Antisocial (antisocialshopworldwide.com) and I'm sure one of the older staff would know something about it.

On another note, welcome to SLAP and extra welcome to another Habs fan! If Price keeps his game up we just might beat the Pens.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
it was a canada only thing, maybe made just for west49?
they got a cease and desist from the nhl. the decks went back to girl and got screened over. i skated one that had the nhl graphic underneath. @Watson might have more/better info.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229

Anyone know the details on this Girl deck? I can’t even tell who is on it. Think it was 2006ish? These are the only pieces I have.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238

Anyone know the details on this Girl deck? I can’t even tell who is on it. Think it was 2006ish? These are the only pieces I have.
Ah yeah the famous Sean Sheffy board where they misspelled his last name.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
Re: Can anyone tell me about this board? Girl Skateboards Stanley Cup Series
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 08:26:57 PM »
they got a cease and desist from the nhl. the decks went back to girl and got screened over. i skated one that had the nhl graphic underneath. @Watson might have more/better info.

From what I've heard, that is correct. Supra distribution was behind it, for the Stanley Cup run whatever year that was. They were all team boards. I have the Canucks and Senators ones as wallhangers.

SeanFTW

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 09:33:45 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]
From what I've heard, that is correct. Supra distribution was behind it, for the Stanley Cup run whatever year that was. They were all team boards. I have the Canucks and Senators ones as wallhangers.

Man, you guys are awesome. Thanks for this info, and cool to know there are a few others out there being displayed. I just moved into a new spot and I'm trying to figure out where to hang this one

SeanFTW

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 09:36:16 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 07:03:18 AM »
They had the canucks one at west beach....signed by Taylor Pyatt......all pretty underwhelming......

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 06:30:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Ah yeah the famous Sean Sheffy board where they misspelled his last name.
[close]

For real John? Never ceases to amaze me how quick Slap can identify some gear. I wish I could find this deck again, can’t even find a pic of one.

smdh

It's a Rick Howard from the Rolling Stone's Some Girls ripoff series. You are right 2006 or 2007. Not sure about the artist but I think Tony Larson.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 12:55:52 PM »
Craig had/have amazing graphics
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in