Author Topic: Daewon interview  (Read 2205 times)

jonnysheen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63

djtraceman610

• Rep: 38
Re: Daewon interview
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:36:08 AM »
Daewon the Goat

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 07:33:30 PM »
Best interview. Daewon is so humble. This was an insightful read. I'm still shocked about how anxious/self conscious he is about skating in front of people.

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 57
  • energy vampire
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 07:41:00 PM »
Very cool

peptobismol

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »
always loved rob dyrdek's shoutout to him at the beginning of his photo part........"dae won, baby!"

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 09:31:29 PM »
Best interview. Daewon is so humble. This was an insightful read. I'm still shocked about how anxious/self conscious he is about skating in front of people.

I loved when he spoke about the demo stuff. 

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 11:19:50 PM »
"There’s no manual for Daewon’s technical tricks..."

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Coldpizza

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 07:15:12 AM »
I went to the opening party for the Adidas private skatepark, after grabbing a drink I was looking for a place to watch the skating when I saw my friend Kurt Hayashi posted up on top of a QP so I sat next to him. We were chatting and he asked if I was going to skate, to which I responded “Nope. I’m only here for a few then I’m gonnna go home and make fried rice.”  From behind me someone asks “What kind of oil do you use in your fried rice?” I turn around and it’s Daewon. A little shocked I stammer out, “Uhhhhhh, a little olive when sautéing veggies then I finish with some sesame oil...” He took his hood off with a big smile on his face and he next thing you know I was sitting there trading fried rice recipes with one of my favorite skaters of all time. He was so nice, humble, and chill...he even seemed shy. After he took off, I was sitting with Kurt obviously tripping out saying how nice he was & all, and Kurt just says “Yeah dude, that’s Daewon.” I’ll never forget that. RIP Kurt, you are missed my friend. Cheers y’all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
I went to the opening party for the Adidas private skatepark, after grabbing a drink I was looking for a place to watch the skating when I saw my friend Kurt Hayashi posted up on top of a QP so I sat next to him. We were chatting and he asked if I was going to skate, to which I responded “Nope. I’m only here for a few then I’m gonnna go home and make fried rice.”  From behind me someone asks “What kind of oil do you use in your fried rice?” I turn around and it’s Daewon. A little shocked I stammer out, “Uhhhhhh, a little olive when sautéing veggies then I finish with some sesame oil...” He took his hood off with a big smile on his face and he next thing you know I was sitting there trading fried rice recipes with one of my favorite skaters of all time. He was so nice, humble, and chill...he even seemed shy. After he took off, I was sitting with Kurt obviously tripping out saying how nice he was & all, and Kurt just says “Yeah dude, that’s Daewon.” I’ll never forget that. RIP Kurt, you are missed my friend. Cheers y’all.
Respect and thanks for the fried rice tips

thomas kook

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 01:50:13 AM »
this interview is so good. daewon is so nice. the taco bell part was great, as well as him talking about skating at demos and filming parts and well pretty much the whole interview was a great read! i've never really 'like liked' him when i was younger, just admired his ability but wow he really is one of the all time greats. everyone should read this interview but it's also kinda early and i could probably be this hyped on a good grilled cheese right now. daewon is just such a good guy!