Author Topic: What are you trying to learn right now?  (Read 17680 times)

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
Re: What are you trying to learn right now?
« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2021, 08:00:32 AM »
Fs blunt on ledges after that Iíll learn shuv out

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2021, 06:00:27 PM »

Same, I'm popping way too high and over-rotating my board onto the ledge.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

RichardBarkley

• Rep: -126
« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2021, 06:45:15 PM »
Nollie heels

Not computing.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »
Best trick to credit card yourself on...

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2021, 08:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same, I'm popping way too high and over-rotating my board onto the ledge.

Keep your ollie rocketed, dont have to turn that much either, wayyyyy less than a back tail. Wrote something about blunts somewhere, I could try dig that up.

I used to do a lot of front blunts but lost them a while ago, trying to (re)learn them too and its been a chore. I can hold and slide them very vertically very comfortably from the muscle memory, but my brain has been glitching on the dismount for like 18 months now, can't figure out what it is.

Also kinda trying to get comfortable doing tricks over stuff again. Never considered myself someone who really had pop but I could ollie over stuff just short of the height of a board without too much difficulty, switch ollies over sideways bins  were super natural too. But not skating over stuff in a year or two has made it such a struggle, and doing lots of switch 5-0s on small ledges has messed up my switch ollie form. Not fun to practice though

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 12
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2021, 07:16:46 PM »
Back smiths on concrete ledges. Whose got the tips? I can do them but require so much effort and canít sit on them.

imjusthereforthechips

• Rep: 2
« Reply #426 on: January 14, 2021, 02:24:47 AM »
currently trying to learn how to control my drinking without aa, medication, and all the other bullshit(one of my new years resolutions). i quit cigarettes, coke, painkillers, barbs, and most recently, weed all on my own so addiction is no stranger to me. so far ive been trying to drink less and less with each day but tonight is one of those nights where its just going down like water. nothing bad happened to me to make it happen, its just one of those nights.

codymacfan

• Rep: 13
« Reply #427 on: January 14, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »
Nollie heels

Not computing.

I found that my main issue w/ these was having my toes hang off too much on the flicking foot. Put my flick foot a little more centered and they improved. Pop wise just popping fast and hard. Seems to be my strategy w/ all heel flip tricks.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2021, 02:35:40 PM »
Back smiths on concrete ledges. Whose got the tips? I can do them but require so much effort and canít sit on them.

I was hoping someone would have a tip on this too, fs smith on concrete ledges took a while to figure out but I can't get the bs smith to grind

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2021, 07:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was hoping someone would have a tip on this too, fs smith on concrete ledges took a while to figure out but I can't get the bs smith to grind

I'm not particularly good at holding them, and struggle a lot with getting in in the middle of the ledge and popping out, but can do them on most concrete ledges. Gotta focus on ollieing into the ledge gently, not down onto the ledge if that makes sense. And of course leaning back and really pushing the back foot... and wax. Front foot a lil bit further back might help too.

Switch flip back tail has been ruining my life for a while now. I guess I've technically done a few, but yet to roll away clean from a good one. Plan is to keep flinging a few every other sesh and hope that it clicks one day.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:45:45 PM by tzhangdox »