Author Topic: Julian Davidson on Deathwish  (Read 11910 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Julian Davidson on Deathwish
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »
I always liked his perpetual motion part, even if they should have given Silas last part.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2020, 09:05:28 PM »
What bands has this fella skated to?

What brand booted him for partying too hard?

Peep show is pure hilarity, Brit and OZ comedy is far superior to ours in North America.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2020, 09:12:10 PM »
amazing how you asshole praise the dudes on mango or ben kadow but then say julian is boring has plenty of style and dope trick selection

i bet yall think jamie foy is watchable

ben k and mango are fucking sick

i am completely neutral on this move, as i do not care about either him or Deathwish

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2020, 10:04:10 PM »
Julian Davidson is Schroedingers pro. Both underrated and overrated. With a uniquely bland name, he fakie flips stairs and no one remembers.

When he’s in a video no one talks about his part, but when he’s mentioned otherwise people feel the need to talk about how good he is.

DaGOAT

• Rep: -109
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2020, 10:22:04 PM »
Julian Davidson is Schroedingers pro. Both underrated and overrated. With a uniquely bland name, he fakie flips stairs and no one remembers.

When he’s in a video no one talks about his part, but when he’s mentioned otherwise people feel the need to talk about how good he is.

There’s I guess there’s 3 main ways most people consume skate media these days, either they watch something on insta/social media, or you watch your favorite parts, and then u got the full length. When u turn on said full length, u always make note to watch his part and be thoroughly enjoyed, but u would never put him into that second branch of watching him on his own as your favorite part or a part TK watch by itself. He is the Lou Williams of skateboarding, he’s not a star, but a role player on a company.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There’s I guess there’s 3 main ways most people consume skate media these days, either they watch something on insta/social media, or you watch your favorite parts, and then u got the full length. When u turn on said full length, u always make note to watch his part and be thoroughly enjoyed, but u would never put him into that second branch of watching him on his own as your favorite part or a part TK watch by itself. He is the Lou Williams of skateboarding, he’s not a star, but a role player on a company.
So... who’s going to be the one to break THIS to him, then? Or do you suppose he’s already aware?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Brguy

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2020, 12:18:38 AM »
What bands has this fella skated to?
He skated to Pagan Altar, another connection to Deathwish. Two songs, back to back on the album; Judgment of the Dead(Julien) and Black Mass(Slash).

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2020, 12:31:13 AM »

I always remember how beautiful his fakie heel was down the Parks 10 in his VX part. 2:53:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTouiiGRaPY

If you watch this part but pretend he skates for Quasi, like really just imagine he's some new guy on Quasi, it's like you're watching a different and much better skater.

I wonder how much of someone's perceived enjoyability to watch is simply a result of the brands they skate for, even subconsciously.

Like that Pedro Attenborough kid on 917, he was getting flowed Primitive boards beforehand. I feel like if he was some Primitive kid from MACBA nobody would give a shit. But he's on 917 so he's perceived totally differently.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2020, 01:16:52 AM »
Expand Quote

I always remember how beautiful his fakie heel was down the Parks 10 in his VX part. 2:53:

[close]

If you watch this part but pretend he skates for Quasi, like really just imagine he's some new guy on Quasi, it's like you're watching a different and much better skater.

I wonder how much of someone's perceived enjoyability to watch is simply a result of the brands they skate for, even subconsciously.

Like that Pedro Attenborough kid on 917, he was getting flowed Primitive boards beforehand. I feel like if he was some Primitive kid from MACBA nobody would give a shit. But he's on 917 so he's perceived totally differently.
which makes no fucking sense at all.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2020, 03:46:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
which makes no fucking sense at all.

which makes all the sense in the world also

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2020, 04:13:16 AM »
so many bunts from baker/ deathwish. they should have put kyle nicholson on a decade ago.

free max b
FREE MAX B