Author Topic: Julian Davidson on Deathwish  (Read 11954 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: Julian Davidson on Deathwish
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »
Julian's tight with the Boss and Spanky from RVCA trips. Obviously has some other ties as well.

Pretty surprising but really rad. Hope to see him fully on emerica soon as well.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
That Tom & Jerry graphic is sick!

one of my fav shows when i was a kid, def wanna get that board

RupertForeman

• Rep: -2
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2020, 10:33:36 PM »
Julian's tight with the Boss and Spanky from RVCA trips. Obviously has some other ties as well.

Pretty surprising but really rad. Hope to see him fully on emerica soon as well.

Lol

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2020, 03:37:12 AM »
Hopefully Deathwish can market Julian better than Element.
While he obviously has talent, he just seems to be stuck as the "middle of the video" guy whose part is good but you can't recall a single trick.

Again, no knock to Julian's ability, but if the couldn't sell Furby or Moose boards, Davidson will need some really heavy tricks to stand out as his personality alone isn't gonna cut it.

I wonder how lonely Nick Garcia is these days[\b].

He started flipping his board now.

I’m already expecting a Harley logo board.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Brguy

« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2020, 04:17:47 AM »

Now that was fast. I wonder if they'll release a proper welcome part, I'm sure whatever they do will put him in a better light because of the different filming and editing.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »
I get the connections but am I the only one who thinks that him just turning pro for Deathwish feels kind of random?

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »
I think this is a very cool fit. I’m digging it. I am a huge fan of Julian. Very weird EE or Jim weren’t involved in giving him his board.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2020, 08:10:52 PM »
I get the connections but am I the only one who thinks that him just turning pro for Deathwish feels kind of random?

i mean, he's been pro on element for years right? it'd be weirder to be dumped to am status

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

celery man

• Rep: -16
  • thanks cinco
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2020, 08:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote
can someone post the ad? that link doesn’t work for me.
[close]

Super Hans?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »
feels like the boss and spanky wanted him in the room but the baker card is way too filled out by forgettable mid-video fixtures how. deathwish needed someone to fill space between delfino doing irreparable damage to his brain and foy crooking 90 handrails

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2020, 08:21:41 PM »
I think this is a sick fit. It feels more of a genuine Baker rider. Gets dropped from his former sponsor for partying to hard. Still rips and is probably a fun guy so the baker boys pick him up.

Shit fits. You guys thinking it's weird are tripping. This feels more appropriate than a Dilo addition and I like Dilos skating.
The chillest1

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2020, 08:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can someone post the ad? that link doesn’t work for me.
[close]

[close]

Super Hans?

Celery Man reference and a Peep Show reference.  A+ For me

Seems odd to give the deck out after ad in magazines and with seemingly all Baker guys (baker and dw haven’t seem that connected these days) but I chalk it all up to Pandemic situations.   

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »
fuck yes

really? fuck yes?

I have never gotten the appeal of Julian Davidson. I can't remember a single trick he's ever done, and I've never seen a video part of his that was in any way interesting. He doesn't do unique tricks or have a unique style, or have any sort of personality to his tricks.

Where is all this enthusiasm coming from? I've never understood any hype for the dude on here, much like Jake Donnelly. I feel like they're being hyped by people within the industry, and only by people within the industry. They're nobody's favorite skater, but if you came on SLAP you'd think they were some of the best ever.

Seriously can someone name a single trick Julian Davidson has ever done?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2020, 08:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote
fuck yes
[close]

really? fuck yes?

I have never gotten the appeal of Julian Davidson. I can't remember a single trick he's ever done, and I've never seen a video part of his that was in any way interesting. He doesn't do unique tricks or have a unique style, or have any sort of personality to his tricks.

Where is all this enthusiasm coming from? I've never understood any hype for the dude on here, much like Jake Donnelly. I feel like they're being hyped by people within the industry, and only by people within the industry. They're nobody's favorite skater, but if you came on SLAP you'd think they were some of the best ever.

I think Jake Donnelly has a super sick style and his career was mostly plagued by injuries + being an insufferable douche bag, but I agree with everything else you said. There's a weird disconnect between pro skaters who gain traction on Slap as group favorites and their standing in the "real world." That Cookie dude is a good example, people were throwing his name around for SOTY last year but I've never heard his name uttered in real life.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of Julien Davidson but for whatever reason, I'm not mad about his career's second wind. He's pretty bland in every aspect, but somehow ends up on a better brand despite being close to 30 years old? I'm with it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2020, 08:44:43 AM »
I think Julian Davidson has always had good style but he's never really lived up to any sort of potential he had. Hopefully since he's been sober for the last little while and he's getting new sponsors that means he's got some good new footage.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2020, 10:16:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Davidson needs a decent hair cut and a personality.
[close]
:o
[close]

if you've ever been to Cherry park and have met Julian, dudeis honestly the nicest person. No cool-guy shit at all from him
[close]

Got drunk with him once at a party. We were pretty much the only skaters there. Total skate rat and super nice guy. Not a pretentious bone in his body.

Major props to him. He deserves it.

Cool story but a guy can be all of those things and be boring as fuck. Maybe the part I said about the haircut was outta line, he just strikes me as a super bland Axel Cruysberghs or something. There's a hell of a lot of skaters nowadays and for me, this guy doesn't catch my eye or put out anything interesting. What I'm trying to say is Element looked like a pretty sound fit to me, just my opinion though...

If you can't sleep I recommend:

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2020, 10:40:53 AM »
Expand Quote
fuck yes
[close]

really? fuck yes?

I always remember how beautiful his fakie heel was down the Parks 10 in his VX part. 2:53:

Irvine-Sucks.com

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1371
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »
I'm not a fan of Julien Davidson but for whatever reason, I'm not mad about his career's second wind.

That's basically how I feel as well, I've kind of glossed over him but it's cool that he's getting this opportunity. The kickflip noseblunt was nice.

Little Debbie

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »
his younger footage was pretty dope. I remember his stuff in the old RVCA promo with David Reyes. he had a mean bs bigspin and kickflip

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
Like Leo Romero on Baker
Like Puleo on Enjoi
Like Colin McKay on Girl
Like Danny Way on Alien

conqueso

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2020, 04:46:26 PM »
incoming neck tattoo

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2020, 05:05:04 PM »
Like Leo Romero on Baker
Like Puleo on Enjoi
Like Colin McKay on Girl
Like Danny Way on Alien

like Hsu on Chocolate

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2020, 05:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fuck yes
[close]

really? fuck yes?

[close]

I always remember how beautiful his fakie heel was down the Parks 10 in his VX part. 2:53:

I'm not hugely knowledgeable of this guy but this part definitely doesnt help combat the view that he is pretty standard and forgettable
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »
amazing how you asshole praise the dudes on mango or ben kadow but then say julian is boring has plenty of style and dope trick selection

i bet yall think jamie foy is watchable

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2020, 07:35:38 PM »
amazing how you asshole praise the dudes on mango or ben kadow but then say julian is boring has plenty of style and dope trick selection

it’s brand snobbery

if this guy went to isle or polar or quasi, they’d say he’s awesome

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »
This has to be the most boring industry move in years

wheee!

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2020, 08:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it’s brand snobbery

if this guy went to isle or polar or quasi, they’d say he’s awesome

Would they? I think people would be very confused.

If they were going to add someone in their late 20's, I would've gone with Frankie Heck. Obvious Julian is well known by their riders and by Andrew so it makes enough sense.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2020, 08:39:02 PM »
he looks great on a skateboard. i know nothing about him, so deathwish is sort of surprising to learn. is he secretly a bad boy?

Brguy

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »
Expand Quote
fuck yes
[close]

really? fuck yes?

I remember his first tricks in Future Nature, the rest of the part was pretty forgettable to me, but the beginning stuck in memory. I'm still hoping they put out a part that showcases his skating better, good editing can do wonders to his image and stuff.