Author Topic: question for americans  (Read 2171 times)

peptobismol

question for americans
« on: August 13, 2020, 01:55:57 AM »
when the second stimulus check comes, what will you do with it? are you making a shopping list or will you save it? im going to buy tires for my car, differential oil, possibly cv axles or wheel bearings(depending on what is fucked up with my car), and save the rest to get some tattoos removed. i also hope to NOT buy any alcohol with it.

Hyliannightmare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
Re: question for americans
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 02:06:28 AM »
Saving it

Brguy

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 03:35:17 AM »
In Brazil we also got something like that and I used the first payment to buy two new decks(one for me and my friend), wheels and bearings. When I'm able to withdraw the rest I'll probably spend a bit in booze and weed, but mostly save it for more important stuff later on.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 03:54:04 AM »
Going to put half of it towards paying off my van.  Save the other half.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 05:50:15 AM »
Pay some bills and get a fisheye.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 06:09:32 AM »
Definitely gonna save it, because I am half-blind and ophthalmology is expensive as fuck - and of course health care costs your limbs in this country.

I just hate the fact that the fascist state is sacrificing people to the machine. Forced to work in a death-trap, lest the turtle neck millionaire lawmakers call you a 'lazy worker' and ban your stimulus. That's manipulation of the public, to be sure.

Struggling to get minimum welfare (and / or financial security) during a pandemic really serves to point out the fact that basic comfort levels are a human right anyway. I hate to be a downer, but that shit has me stressed.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 06:40:06 AM »
Shouldn't that be "if" there is another stimulus?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 07:37:05 AM »
Vanguard VTI stock

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 07:45:01 AM »
“I spent all my money on booze & women. The rest I wasted.”

Mesteezo

• Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 08:02:04 AM »

Almost right

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 08:57:48 AM »
I didn't know what to do when the last checked dropped because I'm still working at a job that pays me around 95k. I didn't need it so I eventually donated the check amount to Campaign Zero.

If another check comes this time around I'm going to pre-order a PS5 when it's available.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 10:06:25 AM »
donated half of the first check to a couple of different causes and added the other half to savings. IF there is another, an Aimpoint Micro T-2 red dot sight, for my Arsenal SAM 7 SF. i changed the gas tube on my Arsenal to a Ultimak M1-B Optics Mount, which is awesome, but heats up pretty bad, and the Aimpoint red dots are as indestructible as they are incredible, so perhaps justifies the cost:

also, another IFAK...this one to keep in the car -- this one looks solid: https://www.amazon.com/MediTac-Premium-IFAK-Kit-Tourniquet/dp/B07CG9HFSF/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=blue+force+ifak&qid=1597337524&sr=8-7

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 10:22:35 AM »
Saving it as I want to own a home some day.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Probably Tom Penny t-shirts
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »
Unfortunately, bills. I'll try to put some aside for another set of Spitfires though.

peptobismol

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »

trying to think positive

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

trying to think positive

I mean, me too. But right now my bigger concern is making sure that payroll tax deferral doesn't go through. When the government comes calling for that money back next year it will be far worse.

Edit: looks like they are headed to vacation. No deal
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 02:05:28 PM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 12:59:58 PM »
ive never been the regretful type, but i swear if we do get another stimulas i'll do better this time

iiiimmmmmm broookkeee
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »
Dental work and back taxes

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »
blow it all on alcohol. Fuck responsibilities

/s
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Mesteezo

• Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
blow it all on alcohol. Fuck responsibilities

/s

One can argue that blowing it all on alcohol is responsible. Stimulus checks are for spending and in turn stimulates the economy. It is your duty as an American to support your economy. Booze up!

live, laugh, love

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »
It'll be gone before I see it on bills and food.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2020, 02:42:51 PM »
I'll be investing it into the stock market, like someone else here mentioned.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2020, 02:54:45 PM »
After nearly two years without Popeyes' Hot Honey Crunch Tenders, THEY. ARE. BACK. On Wednesday, the fried chicken chain announced their limited-edition return.

Beginning today (YEP!), the sweet and spicy tenders are available on menus nationwide. But here's the real kicker: You can get three of the handcrafted Hot Honey tenders, choice of side, a Buttermilk Biscuit, AND more sauce for just $5.

So how are the crispy, flavor-filled tenders made? According to Popeyes, the chicken is marinated in authentic Louisiana seasoning, hand-battered and breaded with a "southern-style" coating, and drizzled with their signature sweet & spicy Red Hot Honey Sauce. For the final touch, they are sprinkled with Hot Honey Dust. Not entirely sure what that is, but I do know that it's good.

Naturally, customers are thrilled over their return and wondering how we all went two years without 'em. "Popeyes red hot honey sauce and chicken tendies gonna be the reason i'm outta shape this summer," one user wrote on Twitter. "Honey hot tenders………you have my attention @popeyes," another added. May I say, both comments are entirely relatable.

Here are more reactions:

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2020, 03:03:54 PM »
Paying a camgirl dominatrix from Medellin to watch Christmas episodes of Family Guy with me

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 04:05:12 PM »
After nearly two years without Popeyes' Hot Honey Crunch Tenders, THEY. ARE. BACK. On Wednesday, the fried chicken chain announced their limited-edition return.

Beginning today (YEP!), the sweet and spicy tenders are available on menus nationwide. But here's the real kicker: You can get three of the handcrafted Hot Honey tenders, choice of side, a Buttermilk Biscuit, AND more sauce for just $5.

So how are the crispy, flavor-filled tenders made? According to Popeyes, the chicken is marinated in authentic Louisiana seasoning, hand-battered and breaded with a "southern-style" coating, and drizzled with their signature sweet & spicy Red Hot Honey Sauce. For the final touch, they are sprinkled with Hot Honey Dust. Not entirely sure what that is, but I do know that it's good.

Naturally, customers are thrilled over their return and wondering how we all went two years without 'em. "Popeyes red hot honey sauce and chicken tendies gonna be the reason i'm outta shape this summer," one user wrote on Twitter. "Honey hot tenders………you have my attention @popeyes," another added. May I say, both comments are entirely relatable.

Here are more reactions:

I was tryna avoid fast food but that sounds enticing especially since it’s all $5!

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2020, 05:28:45 PM »

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Almost right

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »
myself and a few people I know didn't even get the first one. FDT and fuck the sham $1200 stimulus.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2020, 11:50:00 AM »
Pay bills.
And an ounce of weed.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.