Author Topic: Fake Venture Trucks  (Read 2661 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Fake Venture Trucks
« on: August 13, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
SG$ 35.18 | 5inch 5.25inch VENTURE skateboard trucks good quality aluminum alloy truck carbon steel hollow skate trucks
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dU6r9z4

Saw these on Aliexpress, which is the equivalent of Amazon in China / Asia. They look legit but I've never seen Ventures in this colorway, Google image search did not yield any results either. Anyone recognize or can tell if they are legit?

Wouldn't surprise me if China was making knockoff Ventures. They have their own line of trucks there.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Fake Venture Trucks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 09:51:12 AM »
if they made some fake Featherlights I would probably buy

Paperclip20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 10:24:36 AM »
Don't take this as fact because i'm not home so I can't check, but I don't remember my baseplates saying USA on the bottom. And I have only seen ventures with the partially clear bushings never full white.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 10:36:45 AM »
Ventures don't have USA branded baseplates anymore and those circle indents on the baseplate are weird. Also a hollow kingpin with a cast baseplate? Never heard of Venture doing that (at least with current production models).

Cmon guys the shortage isn't that bad that we need to rely on aliexpress.

Juanjo789

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »
I´ve seen fake spitfires ads in youtube from aliexpress

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 01:10:16 PM »
You first

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 01:11:23 PM »
Fake, same as the spitfire and boned bearings
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 01:13:15 PM »
This quality screams fake to me, but I'm not a Venture guy

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
Ventures don't have USA branded baseplates anymore and those circle indents on the baseplate are weird. Also a hollow kingpin with a cast baseplate? Never heard of Venture doing that (at least with current production models).

Cmon guys the shortage isn't that bad that we need to rely on aliexpress.

I didn't expect them to start making Ventures, I know the market is already flooded with Indys which some shops are buying directly from these sites instead of their distributors. Just looked at my forged and cast Ventures and no USA stamp on there. Definitely suspect.

Swiss for $10 too. China has been doing counterfeits forever, but it annoys me when local sellers try and pass these off as originals and sell them at full retail price.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Junglist

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 08:35:38 PM »
I always wondered why there wasn’t a brand that made good replicas of trucks that have a cult following. Of course Indy stage iii, v and vii, but those are very easy to find in comparison to pre-1996 ventures.

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »
Older ventures had usa stamp. Forged never did.
New don't have usa anywhere.  Solid white bushings do come with some ventures. Especially gold colorways.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 06:48:01 AM »
Once that SolidWorks design is sent to a third parry manufacturer in China, it’s more or less off to the races with fakes
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2020, 10:56:48 AM »

Photos suck. Sorry.

Fake venture stuff

I can't remember where I got this.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 12:41:14 AM »
SG$ 35.18 | 5inch 5.25inch VENTURE skateboard trucks good quality aluminum alloy truck carbon steel hollow skate trucks
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dU6r9z4

Saw these on Aliexpress, which is the equivalent of Amazon in China / Asia. They look legit but I've never seen Ventures in this colorway, Google image search did not yield any results either. Anyone recognize or can tell if they are legit?

Wouldn't surprise me if China was making knockoff Ventures. They have their own line of trucks there.

Yeah man.. Seen alot of this fake Venture, Spitfire & Bones stuff in Shopee / Lazada..

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 06:15:55 AM »
I always wondered why there wasn’t a brand that made good replicas of trucks that have a cult following. Of course Indy stage iii, v and vii, but those are very easy to find in comparison to pre-1996 ventures.

Aces are supposedly based on stage 3 indys. I'm not sure how viable making straight up copies would be from a legal standpoint, although there's a few indy clones that have been doing it for a long time like Industrial (pretty good trucks too).

I see a lot of good shape early-mid 90s ventures on ebay. They also tend to be priced more realistically (sorry bud but your pitted, bent axle stage 7s that you spray painted neon green aren't worth $200). The old bolt pattern ones seem pretty rare though.

Junglist

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aces are supposedly based on stage 3 indys. I'm not sure how viable making straight up copies would be from a legal standpoint, although there's a few indy clones that have been doing it for a long time like Industrial (pretty good trucks too).

I see a lot of good shape early-mid 90s ventures on ebay. They also tend to be priced more realistically (sorry bud but your pitted, bent axle stage 7s that you spray painted neon green aren't worth $200). The old bolt pattern ones seem pretty rare though.
I mean theeve has to be similar to an old Indy stage right? 7 or 8? They looks similar, same wb “pull-in effect”, although to my knowledge of theeve is that they are the height of modern indies.

And yeah Jesus Christ these boomers who quit skating in 92 and picked it back up in 2016 with old skate gear think they have museum worthy pieces.