Author Topic: Put together your worst setup  (Read 1762 times)

Solid bowlcut

Put together your worst setup
« on: August 14, 2020, 04:01:38 AM »
As title says, many of you have encountered some shitty decks, wheels, trucks etc. So it's time to put those ones together for one massive piece of shit setup.

FA deck
Never liked full shapes, also the kicks are too steep for me. Ended up giving mine away after few weeks and paying 80 fucking euros for it.

Krux dlk hi trucks
These ones felt so weird. The truck wiggles around because of the loose kingpins, but didn't turn at all. I still have em somewhere but i would rather just stop skating than take these out again.

Hubba wheels or any cored wheel
Let's be honest, only reason i used to buy these were the ads. Wheels would flatspot immediately. Cored wheels on the otherhand used to make simple bearing swap the worst thing ever.

Independent bearings
Don't even know if they still make these, but i remember setting them up as a kid and after first session, half of them had exploded.

Nike SB Blazers
As much as i hate to put these in my shit list, these shoes just didn't fit my wide ass feet. Love the look of the shoe but slim fit and trash Zoom Air insoles made running from bailed tricks look like walking on a floor full of legos.

Dont even try to put Buttfarts setup here, we all know that one belongs in the best setup category.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Put together your worst setup
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 06:20:37 AM »
- Creature board (some "hard rock" shit)
- 1st gen silvers
- Bronson G3
- Flip sidecuts wheels
- Adidas Busenitz Vulc 2 and any State shoe.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:58:09 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 10:24:11 AM »
Warped Think 8.5
Krank trucks 7.5
Black darkstar 52s
Bomber bearings

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »
Toy Machine deck that came with a pre-assembled complete. It's the only deck that I couldn't finish riding. Shape and overall feel of the deck was so shit.
Element Wheels Chas Muska Pro model- Flatspotted them shits in like 2 days.

Ive had pretty good luck with everything else.

Adriii

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 11:00:46 AM »
-Blind board
-venture lows
-spitfire lock ins
-indy bearings
-chucks taylors

Chromeandflammen

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 11:06:31 AM »
- enjois deedz shape deck. Love deedz but hated the board.

- krux trucks

- shake junt logo grip

- reds bearings.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 11:52:29 AM »
Stereo-8.0: worst board i ever owned, felt too small and i was riding them when i was still into small boards)
Royal trucks-139's: i broke them after a crooked grind
Oj's bloodsuckers i don't know the real names but i got it from a friend just to test them and they were terrible, too soft for me
Spitfire cheapshot bearings: they exploded
Grizzly tie dye grip: self explanatory

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 12:52:15 PM »
8" Toy machine price point board: the wood was absolute crap.

Ruckus trucks: broke the baseplates and kinpin, bought them because of the Kid Adams graphic, should have gotten Ventures instead.

Pig bearings: some exploaded, some seized up

Dna wheels: hard as shit, skinny.they almost made me developed hand-arm vibration syndrome, but on my feet.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 01:11:51 PM »
Zoo York deck, 1996-ish. Was never a fan of Chapman but in those days they were abysmal.
Unit trucks, 1997-ish. Pricepoint trucks, the first time I realized good trucks were important.
AWS Clone wheels, got a set like 2 years ago because I liked the shape, unskatable plastic garbage.
Lucky bearings, late 90s. Would explode on flat ground ollies, but the green shields looked cool.
Modus hardware, somehow stripped and allen head for the only time in my life on a new set of these.

animalflesh

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 01:26:25 PM »
Zoo York deck, 1996-ish. Was never a fan of Chapman but in those days they were abysmal.
Unit trucks, 1997-ish. Pricepoint trucks, the first time I realized good trucks were important.
AWS Clone wheels, got a set like 2 years ago because I liked the shape, unskatable plastic garbage.
Lucky bearings, late 90s. Would explode on flat ground ollies, but the green shields looked cool.
Modus hardware, somehow stripped and allen head for the only time in my life on a new set of these.

I just remember being 16 and kickflipping a chunk right off the nose of my zoo York and that was the end for me

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just remember being 16 and kickflipping a chunk right off the nose of my zoo York and that was the end for me

Damn, was this around the same time? Mine broke directly over the back truck (only time that has ever happened) when I ollied over a couple stacked boards. I think I remember some Ricky Oyola interview where he talked about how bad the boards were in the early- and mid-90s, but how everyone was just super dedicated and skated them anyway.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 02:07:15 PM »
gullwing trucks(99 or so)
hubba wheels(2006ish)
jart deck(2006 or 07 or 08)
fkd bearings(2011, they were free)
stripped bolts
obnoxious shoplogo griptape
vans chukka lows at the time when the foxing tape would just seperate from the outsole when you stared hard enough at them(2008 or 09)

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 02:26:51 PM »
Clear grip
A magenta board that was way too short and made me lose all flip tricks
Force trucks, utter shit complete with hard plastic bushings
No bearings really stick out to me as that awful, maybe some ones I got for free with autobahn wheels
Bullet wheels that flatspotted after one manual pad session
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Junglist

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »
Any crail board, I’ve had one recently and I’ve had one at their worst. Both were terrible. I like pretty much every wood shop there is, except whatever crail has used.
Bones stf’s. Fucking disgusting periodt
Indy lows were pretty shit too but they may have been stage 10’s. Not sure

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 04:01:50 PM »
Sad to say but any World/Plan B/Blind/101 etc from back in the day was the crappiest wood ever. All of my decks would last like 2 weeks, despite being some of the funnest boards I have ever ridden.

RedCanni

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 04:23:30 PM »
Powell Bonite boards - Second you started to expose the bonite paper the pop would go, if you got it wet the board was done (Boneite absorbed all the water)
Gullwing Pro 3's with Plastic base-plates and magnesium  hangers - Killer grinds for a couple of weeks until you hit the axle, base-plates would snap from slappys
Vision Core Wheels (1988) - Awesome for vert, fast as hell but flat spotted like crazy on street, and your speed check wheel was always 5 mm smaller than the rest

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 04:36:34 PM »
Worst deck was a Girl Rick Howard deck I got for my birthday in 97 with the worst grip tape (some blue bullshit). Soggy and chipped in the first week.

Trucks would be mid 90’s Indy’s. Axels would slip doing power slides.

Bearings would probably be Speed Metal.

I’ve never had wheels that weren’t Spitfire so I can’t say I’ve ever had bad wheels.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 04:43:24 PM »
Element 8.Something
Hawk Trucks (probably 7.5)
Black Blank Wheels
Random Yellow Bearings
Purple Grip

This was my first board. I ran it w/o washers and the nuts drove into the bushings and got wrecked. My neighbor gave me some dented Blind trucks that I replaced them with.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 05:30:56 PM »
girl rick howard couch shape deck
grind king trucks
bright green rictas
bronsons
shake junt griptape

random chunky DVS, two sizes too small, found at a rummage sale

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »
As title says, many of you have encountered some shitty decks, wheels, trucks etc. So it's time to put those ones together for one massive piece of shit setup.

FA deck
Never liked full shapes, also the kicks are too steep for me. Ended up giving mine away after few weeks and paying 80 fucking euros for it.

Krux dlk hi trucks
These ones felt so weird. The truck wiggles around because of the loose kingpins, but didn't turn at all. I still have em somewhere but i would rather just stop skating than take these out again.

Hubba wheels or any cored wheel
Let's be honest, only reason i used to buy these were the ads. Wheels would flatspot immediately. Cored wheels on the otherhand used to make simple bearing swap the worst thing ever.

Independent bearings
Don't even know if they still make these, but i remember setting them up as a kid and after first session, half of them had exploded.

Nike SB Blazers
As much as i hate to put these in my shit list, these shoes just didn't fit my wide ass feet. Love the look of the shoe but slim fit and trash Zoom Air insoles made running from bailed tricks look like walking on a floor full of legos.

Dont even try to put Buttfarts setup here, we all know that one belongs in the best setup category.

they still make indy bearings (metal pressed in) I've heard only good reviews of them, maybe u got a crapshoot or the product changed?
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »
Any crail board, I’ve had one recently and I’ve had one at their worst. Both were terrible. I like pretty much every wood shop there is, except whatever crail has used.

what did you not like about the STF's?
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 07:14:36 PM »
Mini logo 8.5
Unbraned trucks that dont turn
Plastic wheels
Fake german bearings
Jessup grip
 Any state shoe

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 07:16:20 PM »
Baker board with “New wave” concave.
Grind King AXL
Speed Demons glazed doughnuts 51mm
Dooks riser pads completely squished out
Bronson bearings
Monkey nuts hardware
Pigskin grip
Emerica Leen

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 07:21:23 PM »
Mini logo 8.5
Unbraned trucks that dont turn
Plastic wheels
Fake german bearings
Jessup grip
 Any state shoe
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Junglist

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what did you not like about the STF's?
Insanely hard and just always felt like shit to me. I always preferred spitfire classics, street burners and even spf bones above stf’s. Ironically, spf’s are harder but feel pretty nice. That being said, since f4’s came out I don’t think I’ve had anything else except a pair of oj elites (pretty good) and a set of sfw classics before they started making conical fulls.

peptobismol

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 09:47:20 PM »
i guess this belongs here

my ankle is almost good enough to where i might be able to roll around so i finished this thing yesterday
- hand-down board that i carved up, the nose and tail were chipped and razor'd as fuck so thats why they look like that. i shortened and slimmed it up, used to be an 8.5 and now its like an 8.125
- trucks are monster hangers that i rethreaded and thunder baseplates that brought back to life with new kingpins
- old-split bushings with no washers so the thing can actually turn
- wheels and bearings from pennswood 60mm and 80a i think
- griptape is kinda gnarly but i am a recovering addict so i think that gives me a "free pass" to have mickey mouse shooting up

Skibb

• Rep: 68
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 12:03:51 AM »

Nike SB Blazers

Shit, I'm skating Blazers almost exclusively because of my wide ass feet.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 01:10:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Nike SB Blazers
[close]

Damn that's weird, even when going half size up my feet would kill me

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 01:43:29 AM »
SPoT board - I didn't expect much from a shop deck but it had
such a sticky soft lamination.

old ace trucks - The newer models are good but when they just came out I was breaking them left and right. Plus the gimmick of the small axle nut was shit, I blew out a nut mid fs 180 nosegrind and got fucking bodied!

clear mod griptape - That shit wears out faster than any other griptape I've ever encountered in 20+ years of skating faster than colored jessup.

Bronson or shake junt bearings - I use reds (or black panthers here and there) but Bronson's and shake junts ceased up with in a couple sessions.

Pig wheels - Dope vibe but immediate flat spot.

Vans sk8 hi pro - Controversial pick but they are too wide for me in the toe box plus they get floppy so quick but maybe the OGs or wafflecups are better? I want to like em.

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2020, 01:47:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nike SB Blazers
[close]

[close]
Damn that's weird, even when going half size up my feet would kill me

I think this just goes to show the inconsistencies in the blazers from model to model. I fit the blazer low top with straps perfect but the mids pinch my toes.