Author Topic: Anyone still play Battlefield V?  (Read 372 times)

Dirty_Dan90

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Anyone still play Battlefield V?
« on: September 16, 2020, 07:08:10 AM »
I like BV more then COD cause somehow its more realistic and i just like the WW2 theme rather then the Modern Warfare weapons and maps.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

Re: Anyone still play Battlefield V?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »
Sometimes when the price drops down to around $15 on occasion I'm tempted to get it, but I also don't really wanna give EA or Dice my money honestly after how they handle that game's marketing and then support. Plus whenever I need my Battlefield fix I always end up playing either BF4, BF1 or BFBC2 anyways.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Anyone still play Battlefield V?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 05:32:11 PM »
It's really not worth getting.

Art style is EVERYWHERE with people either looking as historically accurate as possible, or wearing the most stupidest combinations ever. You can also buy "elite" skins where it's a preset character with a backstory but it isn't locked to specific maps, so sometimes you'll see Japanese characters in European maps, and German characters in Japanese maps. Most of the cosmetics are also locked behind paywalls.

Gun play is mostly the same as BF1 since a lot of it is recycled, but the meta is currently sprint sliding as medic using high ROF guns since medics can heal themselves on demand with zero penalty. Bolt action damage works differently than BF1, but it isn't explained at all.

Most of the gamemodes are also abandoned (especially Grand Ops which was supposed to be the equivalent of Operations from BF1), so you'll just be playing Conquest or TDM most of the time.

There's also hackers everywhere since this game has no anti-cheat. There's also no team balance, no vote to kick, no map vote, and no report function.

If you want "casual" milsim games, Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm 1 and 2 would be a better option.