Author Topic: Lago Maggiore / Verbania / Italy  (Read 304 times)

xandeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Lago Maggiore / Verbania / Italy
« on: August 19, 2020, 12:55:41 AM »
Hello slappers,

Going (with wife and two small kids) to the Verbania area at Lago Maggiore in Northern Italy for a week in September. Been there before and know that spots are scarce, parks are either shit or far away (Milan is an hour away, Ascona in Switzerland another hour). Last time I hit up some street spots in Verbania itself but there aren't many.

Anyone got any tips on street spots in the area? I went to schools and squares in the area looking for curbs, manny pads, banks, but somehow none of these seem to be too common in the italian architecture in the area.

I know it's a long shot, but perhaps the wonders of the Internet are able to surprise once again :)

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Lago Maggiore / Verbania / Italy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:46:03 AM »
Hey, I'm not from the area itself but I could help out.

There's a skateshop in Arona called Acriminalg (http://www.acriminalg.com/), they could surely help you.

Your best shot would be Varese and the neighbouring areas, Como or Lugano (in Switzerland).

I've just checked and there's a park in Verbania.

But if you're into the adventure, I will link an spot guide for Italy. I'm not sure if the spots listed are there anymore as the website is kinda dead, but you should try.

http://www.skatemap.it/spot/Verbano%20Cusio%20Ossola

Let me know.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

NG

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 03:34:53 AM »
Never been to Verbania specifically but I'm living in Veneto and have also been searching around for spots in the north. Like Giza ^^ said Como and Lugano specifically have spots and the Lugano park is quite cool. Around Como lake there's some weird prefab parks that are kind of fun, and it seems like there's some around lake maggiore as well... Mostly the classic Italian park with a quarter pipe, pyramid and if you're lucky a ledge!

Curious to know what you find and if anyone has leads on more spots :)

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 04:34:48 AM »
Thanks guys for the leads!

I've been to the skatepark in Verbania, and it's rather "rampy" and not for me - I was more looking for manuals and curbs/ledges. I know there a pretty good one (although pre-fab) in Ascona in Switzerland, which I think I will check out.

I think Como and Lugano are slightly too far for me to get away from the wife and kids.

Will report back when I find something.

Last year I found this windowsill marble spot (shout out to Puleo) which is actually a local bank. Went during lunchtime when the workers were out for lunch. Wax, quick 5-0 and out.