Author Topic: Is using the word tranny when referring to transition offensive?  (Read 11714 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
Re: Is using the word tranny when referring to transition offensive?
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2020, 01:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I used to say it when I was younger, I didn't really think of it being *homonymous with a slur, when I realised it was I just stopped saying it, it wasn't that difficult
[close]

What makes it a slur?  Not trying to be an asshole ...Serious question. And it’s not like the trans community is a monolith where they all prefer to be called the same classification, hence all the gender pronouns
[close]

No community is a monolith, you will find outliers and anomalies within any group. If a black person lets their white friend use the N-word does that mean everyone should be able to.

I’m black and I always tell black friends not to use it but they do anyways

KayleighCullenUK

• Rep: 1
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »
Wasn't sure due to being a new member if I'm authorized to start a new thread or not.

Basically, I have picked to resurrect this thread as I have a very stern viewpoint on the abbreviation for Transgender used in the title.......I am 100% fine with both uses of the term "TR*nny".

I have been banned and outcast from multiple digital groups AND more shocking.....REAL LIFE/DIGITAL support groups. I am aware in the U.S. the term "queer" is fully accepted BUT in the U.K. for people from my generation and older during the early 2000s and previous decades there word queer was....and still is considered a serious slur.

Because I have been constantly silenced within U.K. scenes and communities and blacklisted I have started an LGBTi Skateboarding group on Facebook.......this issue about the two terms mentioned ("Queer" and "TR*nny") has already been addressed in the group......someone apologised for using "queer" and myself and another member instantly reassures the member that there was no need to apologise for using the word queer in his post.........

We are all old enough to accept people have different opinions and accept these differences without falling out, persecuting or banning members........ after typing our apologies and this very paragraph you are reading.........the UK groups who have banned me......they are run by adults and I am totally baffled It's pathetic.

Anyway......cutting to the chase, here is the link to the LGBTi group I have founded. EVERYONE and ANYONE are welcome.......apart from biggots obviously.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2942775869338508/

Hopefully we will gain some new members from this post.

Take care.

Kayleigh Cullen aka MC Frou-Frou

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:00:59 AM by KayleighCullenUK »

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »
Let’s all agree to oppress anyone who calls tranny “vert” and call it a day