Author Topic: Polar Shapes  (Read 69681 times)

vhsfisheye

Re: Polar Shapes
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »
Thoughts on the Arigato? I just copped one, haven’t skated it yet, it’s flat as fuck!! Not sure I’m gonna like that

the longer i skate it the less im liking it, the nose is proving a little too big and i dont fuck with the wheel wells like i thought i would. concave is fine doesnt seem flat to me at all probably go back to welcome shapes when the shin is done

Frank and Fred

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2020, 12:39:53 PM »

My current Polar Rigs. Shin surf model and Dane 1. Finally getting used to the short noses.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2020, 05:28:22 PM »

My current Polar Rigs. Shin surf model and Dane 1. Finally getting used to the short noses.

Dang, that surf shape looks awesome. Didn’t realize it’s similar length to Dane 1. Now I must find one

FakieFlipCG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2020, 05:41:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Any testimony on their 7.875? Nice that there is an option for a 14.25 wheelbase under 8”
[close]

That's all I've skated for past two years.

Its amazing.  Paired with ventures it's heaven.

I just got one for the first time and I love it on 147s and 52s; I'm definitely going to stick with this shape for a while. I haven't figured out exactly what is making it feel so comfortable, but I want to say it has a longer tail and nose compared to other boards in this size range. Btw, the sticker said the wheelbase was 14.125 though, not 14.25.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
I got Indy 149s on the football
It took me a few hours to get used to the smaller tail but I hadn’t skated for a few months so was mad rusty anyway
They are hard to find now for sure but I will defz get another when I see one
listen to cosmic psychos

Junglist

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2020, 06:45:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any testimony on their 7.875? Nice that there is an option for a 14.25 wheelbase under 8”
[close]

[close]

I just got one for the first time and I love it on 147s and 52s; I'm definitely going to stick with this shape for a while. I haven't figured out exactly what is making it feel so comfortable, but I want to say it has a longer tail and nose compared to other boards in this size range. Btw, the sticker said the wheelbase was 14.125 though, not 14.25.
I’ve noticed that practically every website (including Polar’s) lists wheelbases for this shape as both 14.125 and 14.25. Do they make two versions where the only difference is 1/8” difference in wheelbase, on what is their (probably) least popular shape?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2020, 03:56:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I’ve noticed that practically every website (including Polar’s) lists wheelbases for this shape as both 14.125 and 14.25. Do they make two versions where the only difference is 1/8” difference in wheelbase, on what is their (probably) least popular shape?

Interesting....

They all do differ just slightly. My first Hjalte deck has much smaller wb than that others. All advertised as 14.25 that I can see.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2020, 04:14:48 AM »

so the shin grew on you too huh?
I really like mine now...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »

Some crazy angle on those board/lip slide marks on the left board! Are you sliding super over/under rotated or something?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2020, 03:55:33 PM »
Nollie lipslides on curbs (don't report me). and  frontside board slides on a ledge caused those, I think. I've also been over-rotating regular board slides on double sided curbs recently as they feel more secure... and I hope to lift one into a hurricane some day.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2020, 11:29:57 AM »
Nollie lipslides on curbs (don't report me). and  frontside board slides on a ledge caused those, I think. I've also been over-rotating regular board slides on double sided curbs recently as they feel more secure... and I hope to lift one into a hurricane some day.
nollie back lip might be passable but if its FS definitely pushing the bounds of legality
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why my 92 hated me so much. I am blaming choice of trucks (6.1 Ventures), if anyone skates this shape I would love to know what brand/size you had success with so I can take it out of the box of shame someday. Thanks homies

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2020, 01:53:58 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why my 92 hated me so much. I am blaming choice of trucks (6.1 Ventures), if anyone skates this shape I would love to know what brand/size you had success with so I can take it out of the box of shame someday. Thanks homies
just asked you about this in big boy thread. I would throw 6.1 on that deck as well.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2020, 02:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just asked you about this in big boy thread. I would throw 6.1 on that deck as well.
Ha! No shit! I will head over to that thread and recommend using something else.  ;D

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2020, 02:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Ha! No shit! I will head over to that thread and recommend using something else.  ;D
i dont have the 92 but i meant i wouldve done the same as you and tried tried with 6.1

Frank and Fred

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2020, 02:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nollie back lip might be passable but if its FS definitely pushing the bounds of legality

I do apologize. I try to do them when no one is looking. In my defense I am very old and I can do them pretty far. Reckon I pushed one over 12' the other day but I do respect your concern and will try to do better.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2020, 02:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
i dont have the 92 but i meant i wouldve done the same as you and tried tried with 6.1
Yeah it definitely didn't jive for me bud. While we are here.. I have those hollow 161s that may go on it eventually. But I am definitely going to keep them on that other setup for now because I love it. I did order risers for it because I put bigger wheels on it.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »

Ace 55

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2020, 03:10:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ace 55
Those are 9" correct? I have never tried aces, but by the time I'm ready to revisit this board maybe I can justify getting some.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2020, 08:16:38 PM »
I've got 55's on mine too, fit great.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2020, 08:50:41 PM »
Yeah 55 are 9”. I don’t remember the width of 1992 mounting holes but they’re flush enough and pair well.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2020, 02:29:50 AM »
 ^ Cool thanks guys

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »
Anyone skated the Side Cut shape? 8.75 front 8.25 rear. I just picked one up and am curious if anyone has any opinions. I put 149s on it but considering 55s. Wish there was an 8.75 ace.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »
Has anyone tried Indy 169 standards with the 1992 shape? I'm thinking of putting Spitfire F4 Radial 52mm wheels on it as well if that matters.

For reference, I tried the Dane 1 shape with the same trucks before but didn't really like it.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2020, 01:31:37 PM »
Anyone skated the Side Cut shape? 8.75 front 8.25 rear. I just picked one up and am curious if anyone has any opinions. I put 149s on it but considering 55s. Wish there was an 8.75 ace.

I have one ready to go. I'll be using Ace 44s on mine. I thought about putting Thunder 151s but they seemed two wide out the back. I typically like to line my back truck up. So the front will be a bit magic carpet but that's fine by me.

I totally agree on an Ace 8.75" though and it should be coming in 2021...

Just saw your post in the set up thread. The 149s looks perfect on it.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
Has anyone tried Indy 169 standards with the 1992 shape? I'm thinking of putting Spitfire F4 Radial 52mm wheels on it as well if that matters.

For reference, I tried the Dane 1 shape with the same trucks before but didn't really like it.
I think 159s on the 92 would be the way to go man, 169s will stick really far.

ballintoohard

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »
Are the kicks on  Polar popsicles considered steep?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that's disappointing to hear. Then again, I don't mind overhang too much. I'll probably have to inspect it in person.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2020, 05:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Damn that's disappointing to hear. Then again, I don't mind overhang too much. I'll probably have to inspect it in person.

I had ace 159’s on my 1992 and it worked out great, then I copped a pair of ace 55s and never looked back.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »
I got a '92 on hand at the moment, so here's some measurements for my fellow truck aspies

Width over the front truck: 8.75
Width over the back truck: 8.25

I was planning on setting it up with standard Venture 5.8s, but I also have some fresh 55s I want to try on it as well.