Author Topic: Bryan Herman of round earth and vaccines  (Read 18138 times)

excitableboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
Re: Bryan Herman of round earth and vaccines
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2020, 03:07:41 AM »
Again to play devils advocate

I used to imagine I was a pro football player in PE class. Many of us did I'm sure. Turns out law school is hard, and physics is too. Reminds me of 'String Theory' by DFW. (Don't worry--it's about tennis.) It's still fun to pretend we can play ball.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2020, 03:12:08 AM »
All great points that I don’t know the answers to! I regret starting this as I dont have all the answers, PM me if you want and I could point you in the direction of people that would know the answers to these (if you care at all)

The core of the conspiracy is that it takes belief in the word of men to accept a heliocentric world, where a geocentric is based on what we actually observe. There’s a million points that would take years to go over. (Haven’t even touched on the physical nature of water is to maintain it’s level) It doesn’t bend.

I back other conspiracies as well  ::) I truly respect you and the banta!

Shalom.

So you are willing to play ‘devil’s advocate’ for a model without any kind of basic explanatory power.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2020, 03:13:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to imagine I was a pro football player in PE class. Many of us did I'm sure. Turns out law school is hard, and physics is too. Reminds me of 'String Theory' by DFW. (Don't worry--it's about tennis.) It's still fun to pretend we can play ball.

Haha nice. I actually work at a plumbing supply store and don’t run a conspiracy podcast or blog believe it or not. Gnard

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2020, 03:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote
All great points that I don’t know the answers to! I regret starting this as I dont have all the answers, PM me if you want and I could point you in the direction of people that would know the answers to these (if you care at all)

The core of the conspiracy is that it takes belief in the word of men to accept a heliocentric world, where a geocentric is based on what we actually observe. There’s a million points that would take years to go over. (Haven’t even touched on the physical nature of water is to maintain it’s level) It doesn’t bend.

I back other conspiracies as well  ::) I truly respect you and the banta!

Shalom.
[close]

So you are willing to play ‘devil’s advocate’ for a model without any kind of basic explanatory power.

I have some, but not all. I’ve only corrected where I know the answer and said previously I don’t know it all, but can point you in the direction of people who do (if you care)

No biggie (at least from my point)

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2020, 03:30:41 AM »
What didn’t you understand? I’ll try my best to explain again.

Planes don’t fly in arcs, they don’t need to adjust for earths curvature because the atmosphere is supposedly spinning with the plane and earth. This is coming directly from a pilot.

If earth is a ball 24000 odd miles is circumference then using spherical trigonometry there should be a curve found at 8inch per mile squared, yet again there is none, and planes don’t need to make adjustments for it.

Whats on the other side? Dunno.. maybe more resources, extra land.. another place like here, maybe the planets we see are the suns / moons for the other territories outside our own?

Pretty fascinating (to me at least) but I’m not the absolute expert, just a somewhat nerdy bloke who really deep dived into it for a few years.

Kook away & Shalom to all.

You fly in an arc Plain and simple (Geodesic -great circle)
The earth is three dimensional and spherical
Please go plot a flight plan on a 2D map taking in account for the three dimensional shape of the earth 

Shit, even if you were sailing you would still plot your course in an arc rather than a straight line

Or have those pesky vampires and lizard people gotten to me too

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2020, 03:40:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Planes don’t fly in arcs, they don’t need to adjust for earths curvature because the atmosphere is supposedly spinning with the plane and earth. This is coming directly from a pilot.

If earth is a ball 24000 odd miles is circumference then using spherical trigonometry there should be a curve found at 8inch per mile squared, yet again there is none, and planes don’t need to make adjustments for it.

Whats on the other side? Dunno.. maybe more resources, extra land.. another place like here, maybe the planets we see are the suns / moons for the other territories outside our own?

Pretty fascinating (to me at least) but I’m not the absolute expert, just a somewhat nerdy bloke who really deep dived into it for a few years.

[close]

You fly in an arc Plain and simple (Geodesic -great circle)
The earth is three dimensional and spherical
Please go plot a flight plan on a 2D map taking in account for the three dimensional shape of the earth 

Shit, even if you were sailing you would still plot your course in an arc rather than a straight line

Or have those pesky vampires and lizard people gotten to me too

Cmon mang, that’s ridiculous  8)

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2020, 04:13:18 AM »
Obviously all the effort to make us think the earth is actually a sphere is a money making ploy by big globe to keep the checks coming in.

Follow the money, cucks.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2020, 04:31:14 AM »
Yes flat means straight.
The answer is we simply cannot see that far. Pollution/water/dust/sea salt etc all will hinder view over long distance and it just becomes blurred.

The centre of earth is our “nth pole” with the star polaris above and everything circling around (google star trail photo) This is another “proof”’of everything revolving around us and not the other way around. All compas’ point to the magnetic north pole. I’ve heard some people speculate that the Garden of Eden or the Tree of life is there.

There is no south pole, antarctica isn’t a blob of ice at the bottom of the ball, it’s an ice ring holding all the oceans in. That’s why if you go south from any direction you end up at the antarctic shore line or wall.. look into cpt cook or admiral birds description of the south of our world, futher more read about operation fishbowl or high jump.

Time zones are different because you are still imagining a giant fire ball in space, think of the sun as much smaller and local and only lighting the lands below it.

Think about this, people circumnavigate the world (or used to) everyday, but only east-west or west-east.. the reason you cant north to south is because of the ice ring (I’m aware that there is one person who claims to have done it, but I think this fact is indeed fascinating and works well for a flat earth debate)

This is why people believe they went around a ball, when really they just went around in a big circle.
it's not flat

fixed
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2020, 05:30:02 AM »
It is fascinating hearing the arguments and feeling the amount of energy that goes into trying to convince others to stop believing a fundamental fact of life. 

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2020, 05:47:17 AM »
It is fascinating hearing the arguments and feeling the amount of energy that goes into trying to convince others to stop believing a fundamental fact of life.

It's amazing when people are proven wrong and just say they can point you to the "facts" or people who could tell you more. Rather than doing it themselves.

excitableboy

« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2020, 05:53:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haha nice. I actually work at a plumbing supply store and don’t run a conspiracy podcast or blog believe it or not. Gnard

I do believe it. I'm from a family of plumbers myself. You too must be familiar, then, with the idea of water draining in different directions depending on hemisphere. At large, this is no myth (Coriolis). Perhaps the flat earth has an axis also. Just playing dunce's advocate here.

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2020, 05:53:34 AM »

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2020, 05:55:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I do believe it. I'm from a family of plumbers myself. You too must be familiar, then, with the idea of water draining in different directions depending on hemisphere. At large, this is no myth (Coriolis). Perhaps the flat earth has an axis also. Just playing dunce's advocate here.

wow, thats a great little observation (and the basis of very good episode of simpsons)

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2020, 05:58:56 AM »
i admittedly don't know much about "flat-earthers" and i am sure as fuck not reading through this thread, but i am--i guess morbidly--curious about what they believe other people gain by claiming that the earth is round...or are there aliens and/or reptiles or something like that involved in all of this, and maybe i should just leave well enough alone?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2020, 06:10:01 AM »
Same, the thing I've never heard an real answer to is the Why, other than some loose ramblings about "it's about control, man". Control of what? How does anyone have any extra control over my life by making me think the earth is a different shape? The fact that most people seem to think it's about people in power 'having something over you' makes me think they likely just like the idea of not being 'tricked' like everyone else, there's no actual substance to it
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2020, 06:18:46 AM »
It’s turtles all the way down. One turtle can’t just fly through the heavens! 🤤

« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2020, 06:24:34 AM »

« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2020, 06:27:31 AM »

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2020, 06:46:14 AM »
The reason planes travel in an arc is because Earth is three dimensional and maps are two dimensional. ... As a result, the shortest path between two locations is in fact an arc, thus the reason airlines prefer this trajectory.

« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2020, 06:52:09 AM »
4 dimensions. You forgot time.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2020, 06:53:15 AM »

Eight Inches Per Mile Squared
It seems to be the only math which many flat-Earthers are willing to consider accurate. The Earth, they say, supposedly curves away at a rate of eight inches times the distance in miles squared. Which is true. Kind of. But not really.

The figure, which they say comes from NASA, or "science," actually comes from a very different source. Flat-Earthers, no matter where they got it themselves, owe it to none other than Samuel Birley Rowbotham, author of Zetetic Astronomy. He got it from the Encyclopedia Brittanica, where it is cited under the heading "Leveling." You'll find his lengthy quote (I doubt that he got permission to use it, by the way) starting on page 8 of the 1865 edition of his book.

The problem is that this is in the context of civil engineering, not mathematics, and it's just a rule of thumb employed by plane surveyors to compensate for the drop in a target of the same height as the surveyor's transit. It builds up inaccuracy as the distance increases for two reasons, the first being that it is not exact, and the second being that it is not based on the formula for a circle. It actually plots out to be a parabola.

Don't believe me? Let's take an extreme example, the most extreme possible in the globe model, in fact. So, what is the farthest apart two points can be on Earth? The answer is about 12,500 miles apart, because if they are any farther, they will be closer from another direction. What is the maximum drop a target can have? About 7950 miles, the diameter of the entire Earth (although, looked at another way, the drop at 12,500 miles is zero). How does the formula stack up?

The square of 12,500 is 156,250,000 and 156,250,000 times 8 inches is 1,250,000,000 inches, or 236,742 miles. About the distance to the moon. See what I mean? Eight inches per mile squared never curves back on itself, and becomes progressively less circular as the distance increases.

But that isn't even the biggest problem with eight inches per miles squared. The biggest problem is that flat-Earthers, with few exceptions, apply the formula to the wrong situation. They apply it to the question: how much of a distant building or land feature should I be able to see from a given distance? And for that question, eight inches per mile squared is useless, unless you want to posit that every observer is lying down with his face planted firmly on the ground with one eye closed.

The simple fact is that you can't answer this question without taking at least two things into account. The first is the height of the observer. I won't go into the math, because not only is there an excellent online calculator for this, but the math and source code are given for it right here.

The other thing you have to take into account is atmospheric refraction, the fact the different densities of fluids such as air bend light. Flat-Earthers love to invoke refraction to explain sunsets, as much as they like to disparage it as an excuse when viewing distant objects.

For just a little information on how refraction can skew observations, especially close to the ground, and especially over water, I refer you to none other than page 10 of the 1865 edition of Zetetic Astonomy.

Puts a whole new light, I think, on Rowbotham's experiment at the Old Bedford Level.

« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2020, 07:02:12 AM »
You sound too smart too be trolled like that Cherry. But please don’t stop on my account. 🐣

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2020, 07:02:54 AM »
Tilting / wobbling / orbiting, whatever.. It’s still something that can’t be observed and that goes directly against the scientific method to begin with. That was my point, you have to be willing to put your ego aside and accept that if you were never taught you live on a ball there would be zero reason to believe that you do.

I’m not gonna get into a flat earth argument on this forum as I just said earlier I find their points to be valid and interesting and that’s where it ends for me.

If you want to read about some interesting stuff DM me and I’ll give some recommendations that didn’t quite convert me to “flat earther” but I can at least understand why people belive it.

In the past, astronomers have been able to take spectra of some planets that pass in front of, or transit, their stars. But with Project 1640, which uses the Hale Telescope at Caltech’s Palomar Observatory in Southern California, astronomers can now take the direct spectra of planets orbiting other stars—called exoplanets—that are not transiting. The device blocks the otherwise overwhelming starlight, picks out the faint specks that are planets, and obtains their spectra. Project 1640 allowed the team to take spectra of all four of the planets around HR 8799 simultaneously, which had never been done for any planetary system before.

The planets around HR 8799 are at about the same distance from that star as the solar system’s gas giants (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune) are from our sun. But since it’s easier to detect transiting planets that are close to their stars, the transiting systems that astronomers have observed have small orbits—often smaller than Mercury‘s.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2020, 07:03:33 AM »
i rewatch this a lot

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2020, 07:09:36 AM »
You sound too smart too be trolled like that Cherry. But please don’t stop on my account. 🐣

I guess when you’re not surrounded by people in the scientific community and have one “pilot” friend it’s easy to start believing a small amount of information that protects what you dont know “why don’t I see a curve?” Vs diving into a ton of difficult information That can answer those questions.

None of these flat earthers would pass an intro to astronomy class at a community college

« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2020, 07:13:31 AM »
Records are flat. CDs are flat. How can you play music on a tennis ball!?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2020, 07:14:04 AM »
The funniest part of the flat earth conspiracy to me is that in the 1600s there was a literal conspiracy to keep people thinking the earth is flat.

ran by the church. People like gallielo were literally sentenced in court and coerced into silence for practicing math and astronomy that suggest we orbit the sun

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »
Records are flat. CDs are flat. How can you play music on a tennis ball!?

ReCoRdS r 3D

excitableboy

« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »
The funniest part of the flat earth conspiracy to me is that in the 1600s there was a literal conspiracy to keep people thinking the earth is flat.

ran by the church. People like gallielo were literally sentenced in court and coerced into silence for practicing math and astronomy that suggest we orbit the sun

Galileo was from Pisa, I bet that's what put him on to the idea.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2020, 07:26:15 AM »

Haha, yeah this is the first thing I think of whenever I see flat earth bs.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud