Author Topic: Bryan Herman of round earth and vaccines  (Read 18145 times)

Deputy Wendell

Re: Bryan Herman of round earth and vaccines
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2020, 05:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote
one of the best things about living out west (SF) and working in/around the industry for a minute, around 20 years ago, was how--for me--it accelerated the process that all life-long skaters need to undergo that ultimately ends with the invaluable realization, that the only thing one should seek from one's favorite pro skateboarders is inspiration from their skateboarding...

...other than that, many/most of them have never had a legitimate job for any kind of significant amount of time (or at all); have been completely socialized within the hermetically sealed bubble of the skateboarding "world" (god help them), have not even finished high school, and--perhaps most detrimental--have had all of their (dip)shit attitudes, behavior, and perspectives validated (and in fact encouraged) by an industry that up until recently has been completely closed in on itself...
[close]

And some of the ones that have a modicum of intellect have a hard time with not letting it completely veer into some weird sanctimony.

right, and it's funny to see how many people follow/acquiesce simply because the skater has produced a couple of sick parts...

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2020, 06:53:06 AM »
being suspicious of the incoming Covid vaccine isn’t as bad as being a true anti-vaxxer. You’ve got a moron like trump giving out terrible advice left and right and then declaring a “operation warp speed“ to create a vaccine fast. I know logical smart people who are suspicious of whatever the hell they put forward.

Lmao at flat earth, unbelievable. I don’t know why but this doesn’t bother me. I love B Herm too much for it to phase me it’s just funny.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2020, 07:01:57 AM »
So bomb...so bomb.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »
being suspicious of the incoming Covid vaccine isn’t as bad as being a true anti-vaxxer. You’ve got a moron like trump giving out terrible advice left and right and then declaring a “operation warp speed“ to create a vaccine fast. I know logical smart people who are suspicious of whatever the hell they put forward.

Lmao at flat earth, unbelievable. I don’t know why but this doesn’t bother me. I love B Herm too much for it to phase me it’s just funny.
Yeah it sucks people can’t differentiate between the two. They don’t just rush manufacture a car and sell it to the market. If they did, it’s pretty reasonable to be cautious

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2020, 11:10:08 AM »
It really is funny. I hope i can fs 180 over one of your boards one day. I landed it over two once. Would be cool to shred together i love you guys im crying

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2020, 11:21:18 AM »
I will never understand these sorts of Instagram conspiracy pages -- they always act like they are leagues ahead of the rest of us intelligence wise, but they spell everything like fucking idiots intentionally.  Like, if you're trying to be taken seriously as "scientists," don't use "da" instead of "the" in the name of your fucking organization. 

You'll never win da nobel peace prize... dat way. 

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2020, 11:38:16 AM »
Disappointing yet not surprising.

Watitdo

« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2020, 12:22:55 PM »
I will never understand these sorts of Instagram conspiracy pages -- they always act like they are leagues ahead of the rest of us intelligence wise, but they spell everything like fucking idiots intentionally.  Like, if you're trying to be taken seriously as "scientists," don't use "da" instead of "the" in the name of your fucking organization. 

Eh yah brah supa da kine, no ack!

Fuck all qanon skaters 🤮🗑️

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2020, 12:31:21 PM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »
How could someone who always skated to the best music turn out to be a dumbass?

Just kidding about the music.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2020, 12:55:08 PM »

As somebody with a decent page ( not conspiracy related ) there is some logic to this. You do NOT want grammar nazis fallowing your account, you want them to see that spelling and NOPE the fuck off your page instantly, otherwise all they do is lurk the comments of the things they follow and belittle people in the comments nonstop for not treating comments written on a 4 inch phone like it's a thesis to finish university, then they are attacked back and your comments become a shit fest. If you want peaceful comments you need to do everything you can to keep the grammar nazis away.

Also i know grammar nazis love to pretend they are smart but in reality it's the opposite, the average person breezes through english class without even thinking about it, the average person has a brain that Can raed tihs without even thinking about it. Grammar nazis are different, they had to put in work they had to use a ruler to keep the letters lined up and read letter by letter. The insane amount of work their brain had to do to learn basic english changes them forever and the amount of accomplishment they feel when they can read basic sentences is literally more then any average person will ever feel, i don't even know if Micheal Jordan feels as accomplished as them.

Also idk if the lower iq causes them to earn less money but they NEVER buy merch, before i purged my page of all grammar nazis i had people dming me everyday saying they bought merch, not ONCE were they one of the nazis in my comments starting arguments, they are literally useless.

note- i'm not talking out of my ass, my gf helped teach the slower kids and because i'd pick her up i met some of them and they added me on Fb, a few years later when they finally figured out how to read they were the ones acting like grammar nazis day after day.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 01:42:35 PM by SlapRhaters »

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2020, 07:41:33 PM »
Also idk if the lower iq causes them to earn less money but they NEVER buy merch

yo, your whole post sucks but goddamn, this sentence really got me laughing, thank you

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2020, 02:39:15 AM »
If you are willing to put your ego aside, the most accepted flat earth model is actually really interesting .

The key is to stop trying to merge a heliocentric model of the universe with a geocentric.. Think of the earth as a flat plane (of course it has hills and valleys etc) and that plane being the “basement” of the universe with everything revolving around us (just as observed) rather than earth being a spinning/wobbling water ball shooting aimlessly through endless space.. The point that made me research it was “if earth is truly moving at the speeds we are told, then how have we been able to map the sky since the dawn of time?” .. I happen to know the accepted answer by the way haha, but they have some good points like I said if you put aside ego and years of indoctrination.

larryhagman

« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2020, 02:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As somebody with a decent page ( not conspiracy related ) there is some logic to this. You do NOT want grammar nazis fallowing your account, you want them to see that spelling and NOPE the fuck off your page instantly, otherwise all they do is lurk the comments of the things they follow and belittle people in the comments nonstop for not treating comments written on a 4 inch phone like it's a thesis to finish university, then they are attacked back and your comments become a shit fest. If you want peaceful comments you need to do everything you can to keep the grammar nazis away.

Also i know grammar nazis love to pretend they are smart but in reality it's the opposite, the average person breezes through english class without even thinking about it, the average person has a brain that Can raed tihs without even thinking about it. Grammar nazis are different, they had to put in work they had to use a ruler to keep the letters lined up and read letter by letter. The insane amount of work their brain had to do to learn basic english changes them forever and the amount of accomplishment they feel when they can read basic sentences is literally more then any average person will ever feel, i don't even know if Micheal Jordan feels as accomplished as them.

Also idk if the lower iq causes them to earn less money but they NEVER buy merch, before i purged my page of all grammar nazis i had people dming me everyday saying they bought merch, not ONCE were they one of the nazis in my comments starting arguments, they are literally useless.

note- i'm not talking out of my ass, my gf helped teach the slower kids and because i'd pick her up i met some of them and they added me on Fb, a few years later when they finally figured out how to read they were the ones acting like grammar nazis day after day.

Link a decent page, fuccboi

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2020, 03:01:04 AM »
If you are willing to put your ego aside, the most accepted flat earth model is actually really interesting .

The key is to stop trying to merge a heliocentric model of the universe with a geocentric.. Think of the earth as a flat plane (of course it has hills and valleys etc) and that plane being the “basement” of the universe with everything revolving around us (just as observed) rather than earth being a spinning/wobbling water ball shooting aimlessly through endless space.. The point that made me research it was “if earth is truly moving at the speeds we are told, then how have we been able to map the sky since the dawn of time?” .. I happen to know the accepted answer by the way haha, but they have some good points like I said if you put aside ego and years of indoctrination.

it is not "wobbling aimlessly through endless space", it has a pretty accurate way of moving (i.e., it orbits) and it has been doing it since the "dawn of time"

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2020, 03:28:48 AM »
Tilting / wobbling / orbiting, whatever.. It’s still something that can’t be observed and that goes directly against the scientific method to begin with. That was my point, you have to be willing to put your ego aside and accept that if you were never taught you live on a ball there would be zero reason to believe that you do.

I’m not gonna get into a flat earth argument on this forum as I just said earlier I find their points to be valid and interesting and that’s where it ends for me.

If you want to read about some interesting stuff DM me and I’ll give some recommendations that didn’t quite convert me to “flat earther” but I can at least understand why people belive it.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2020, 03:34:52 AM »
What’s the purpose of lying about the shape of the planet for so long? “Oh they can’t handle the truth, the fact it’s flat!” lol.
How has no one (you know, those who apparently are hiding this knowledge) just came out and said it?

No whistleblowers ever. “Y’all I’m a scientist, the world flat, they lying to you! Here is the proof!

No it’s just some idiots on the internet, armchair scientists who want to make money from other idiots who want to believe something so ridiculous, so badly.

Kind of like religion.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2020, 03:41:40 AM »
The reason it’s hidden is to hide that we have a God or creator, if we are the centre and humans are the most intelligent of an intellegenly designated system than that points to a creator and higher special purpose we hold..

If earth is a ball flying through endless space and we are just dust in the wind etc, than man is focused on “me me me” because it doesn’t matter anyway.. If mankind was aware that where they live points to intelligent design and a creator we wouldn’t be so focused on things like materialism and money.

And it’s ironic that you use the word religion. To blindly believe in things without really knowing yourself is exactly what religion is.. you believe (because you are told) that we are spinning around the sun, yet you clearly watch it move over you every day and not the other way around.. this is what I mean about respecting a solid point.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2020, 03:46:01 AM »
The reason it’s hidden is to hide that we have a God or creator, if we are the centre and humans are the most intelligent of an intellegenly designated system than that points to a creator and higher special purpose we hold..

If earth is a ball flying through endless space and we are just dust in the wind etc, than man is focused on “me me me” because it doesn’t matter anyway.. If mankind was aware that where they live points to intelligent design and a creator we wouldn’t be so focused on things like materialism and money.

i expected something like this behind this "reasoning" (no offense), are you aware of the three freudian mortifications of humankind (sorry i dont know whether there is a good translation)?

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2020, 03:56:29 AM »
The reaason it’s hidden is to hide that we have a God or creator, if we are the centre and humans are the most intelligent of an intellegenly designated system than that points to a creator and higher special purpose we hold..

And it’s ironic that you use the word religion. To blindly believe in things without really knowing yourself is exactly what religion is.. you believe (because you are told) that we are spinning around the sun, yet you clearly watch it move over you every day and not the other way around.. this is what I mean about respecting a solid point.

I respectfully disagree, and do not think we are special, or at the center of anything.

Except of course in our own minds.

Which we then use to justify our own beliefs, kind of like believing in anything. Not just god.

Shalom

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2020, 03:56:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i expected something like this behind this "reasoning" (no offense), are you aware of the three freudian mortifications of humankind (sorry i dont know whether there is a good translation)?

No, please share, friend.

And no offense taken, like I said, I understand it but not married to it.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2020, 03:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
The reaason it’s hidden is to hide that we have a God or creator, if we are the centre and humans are the most intelligent of an intellegenly designated system than that points to a creator and higher special purpose we hold..

[close]

I respectfully disagree, and do not think we are special, or at the center of anything.

Except of course in our own minds.

Which we then use to justify our own beliefs, kind of like believing in anything. Not just god.

Shalom

Shalom! 🤝

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2020, 04:02:44 AM »
I wish he thought it was square earth or triangle earth

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2020, 04:05:36 AM »

I wish it was like a trapezoid, or a rhombus.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2020, 04:06:42 AM »

are you actually using that as an argument
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2020, 04:16:31 AM »
No, the scientific method starts with an observation. The sun moving across the sky is observable. Not arguing, just saying..

Shalom

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2020, 04:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wish it was like a trapezoid, or a rhombus.

Herman on rhombus earth .. has a nice ring to it

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2020, 05:51:17 AM »
If the earth is flat, doesn't that imply that there would be an earth II on the flip side?  I wonder if shit sucks less or if it is the home of lizard people and our side is actually better? 

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2020, 06:02:36 AM »
If the earth is flat, doesn't that imply that there would be an earth II on the flip side?  I wonder if shit sucks less or if it is the home of lizard people and our side is actually better?

Yeah, who knows?

We don't even know if we're in this room.

We could be in a turtle's dream in outer space.