Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 48975 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 08:13:45 AM »
200 lbs
ace 55 stock
venture 6.1 with stock thunder low, ace top, riptide pivot cups

newspaperparty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »
150 lbs

5.8 Venture with Ace bushings, sanded down to fit.

Not sure how I feel about it but have skated them like that for a few months. Love Ace stock bushings in my Ace 55s but not sure I get the same feel on the Ventures, but at least is better than the stocks. Thinking of maybe trying some red soft indy bushings. Anyone tried those in Ventures?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2020, 04:13:04 PM »
I wonder if age should be in there too (45).

190 lbs (about 86 kgs)

Indy standard 149s, sometimes stock just to feel them out or even cut the top down a mm but mostly switch straight out for the aftermarket Indy red 92 duro low head that came in the white box, which I bought a lifetime supply of before they changed to the new softer clear plastic containers for their bushings.

Skate mellow everything but more so transition nowdays, so still like loose trucks but stable enough not to wobble on an easy hill bomb, if that makes sense.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Just bought some Indy Mids, and I’m having bushing problems.

I’m on the heavy side, weighing 190lbs. I ride my trucks medium.

The Mids come with the standard orange bushings, but I tighten them down as far as I could and they’re way too loose still. Either the kingpin hit the board, or the kingpin ran out of thread.

I swapped out the stock orange bushings for the Indy Hard bushings (black). They’re not bad, but I keep wanting to loosen them. The hard bushing just don’t have the responsiveness and bounce I like.

I would get the Indy Medium-Hard bushings (blue), but I can’t find them anywhere. Shorty’s Doh-Doh’s has some that are 92a, same as the Indy Medium-Hard.

Anyone have any advice or experience with this? Are Doh-Doh’s any good? Are they the same height as Indy bushings?

Thank you in advance!
[close]

How long have you been skating the Indy black bushings? I hated them when I first got them but they felt great after breaking in (maybe took 2 weeks or so).

I’ve had a couple sessions on them. They’re starting break in, but I’m still missing the rebound I had with the medium bushings. I feel like I’ll start to like them, but wanted other Pals opinions and seeing if anyone had any suggestions.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 05:36:44 PM »
I like the Bones medium bushings.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »
I have Indy 139's, put the 92a blue conical bushings on there 1/4 turn looser than stock tightness and it is kind of nice actually. Curvin' and swervin' and they don't feel ridiculously loose. Would recommend.

TumKayo

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2020, 06:54:08 PM »
200 lbs
ace 55 stock

What size wheels do you use with the aces?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
200 lbs
ace 55 stock
[close]

What size wheels do you use with the aces?
55mm OG classics. No risers. Been solid, no crazy wheelbite. actually loosened them up a touch from stock (but is all “stock” the same?) to avoid the bushing-spilling-over the washer thing and they’ve been fine. Pretty stable. Like them just trying to adjust to the wb shift and pop

Freger

• Rep: -8
  • Can I borrow your tool?
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2020, 08:10:49 PM »
128 lbs and stock indies with risers

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »
150 lbs. - 6 ft. tall

bones hards on back. bones meds on front. flat washers top + bottom and nuts flush on both trucks.

cruiser/retro setups are indy aftermarket blue 92 cylinders. depending on truck width, will use with different washer types for more/less resistance.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »
150 stock purple venture bushings only
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
6ft tall 188lb bones yellow (I think medium?) trucks that shake like crazy. Unfortunately adult life/injuries has me skating pretty much never so the loose surfy trucks aren’t that comfortable anymore. When I tighten them even a half turn I feel like I can’t even move so idk i’ll probably just quit

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2020, 06:42:30 PM »
switching over to indy 159s with my recent change to 8.75 decks. was running ace 55 stock before this. any suugestion on what bushings to run to get similar turn to aces? same duro on both? combine two different sets?
niggling

[/quote]

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 25
  • old leg
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2020, 06:49:56 PM »
77kg, recently went back to stock thunder bushings with my pair of 148s, after a short stint with orange conical indy bushings. washers on.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 282
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »
Indy 144 ti w/ 90a barrel on the bottom and 92a cone on top.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
Stock. Everything stock.

Old-guy rant incoming...WTF is up with people and their custom truck tweaks? The more you tweak your trucks the more shit that will need to be adjusted over time and the more fucked you are when you can't find you special magic bushings at the shop. Stock bushings are fine if you run them with the stock tightness. Cranking them down just stresses the material before it is broken in and causes weak spots that eventually split. Also, rotate front/back every time you setup a new board.

I know a guy who is really particular about his trucks and is constantly fucking with them before he even starts skating. Little tight on the front little loose on the back...slam...little tight on the back little loose on the front...slam...swap bushings fiddle with trucks...slam...fiddle...slam...focus board sit down and pout. Indys/Thunder/Venture suck...as if it's not his balance that is the problem.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2020, 12:59:40 AM »
switching over to indy 159s with my recent change to 8.75 decks. was running ace 55 stock before this. any suugestion on what bushings to run to get similar turn to aces? same duro on both? combine two different sets?
bones medium, no washer bottom, slim flat washer that comes with the bushings on top (i recently changed the other way around and coming from indy 159 + bones medium --> ace 55 stock felt no much of a difference to me) although that little extra turn you get on the aces does not exist with indy no matter what bushings you run em with

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2020, 02:30:23 AM »
82kg / 180lbs

Riding stock indy bushings. They were super loose at factory setting/flush so I cranked them down pretty good first day, been solid for almost a year but yesterday I noticed some cracks on one of them.

Are the orange 90a aftermarket indys closest to the stock ones? The description on some shop said they were for kids/ lighter riders..
Maybe I should go one duro harder like 92?

Also wanna add that i've had the hard black indys on a cruiser for 10 years and they somehow are in one piece still, a little deformed and super soft but still in one piece. Pretty impressive.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2020, 04:29:48 AM »
Stock. Everything stock.

Old-guy rant incoming...WTF is up with people and their custom truck tweaks? The more you tweak your trucks the more shit that will need to be adjusted over time and the more fucked you are when you can't find you special magic bushings at the shop. Stock bushings are fine if you run them with the stock tightness. Cranking them down just stresses the material before it is broken in and causes weak spots that eventually split. Also, rotate front/back every time you setup a new board.

I know a guy who is really particular about his trucks and is constantly fucking with them before he even starts skating. Little tight on the front little loose on the back...slam...little tight on the back little loose on the front...slam...swap bushings fiddle with trucks...slam...fiddle...slam...focus board sit down and pout. Indys/Thunder/Venture suck...as if it's not his balance that is the problem.

It's cool for you that you like stock stuff. Some people on here go overboard but it's interesting since not everyone is the same. I put ace bushings in my trucks then I don't touch them and that works great for me so I do it. Hopefully that guy you know realizes he's worrying too much.

BL0B

• Rep: 412
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
82kg / 180lbs

Riding stock indy bushings. They were super loose at factory setting/flush so I cranked them down pretty good first day, been solid for almost a year but yesterday I noticed some cracks on one of them.

Are the orange 90a aftermarket indys closest to the stock ones? The description on some shop said they were for kids/ lighter riders..

Also wanna add that i've had the hard black indys on a cruiser for 10 years and they somehow are in one piece still, a little deformed and super soft but still in one piece. Pretty impressive.

if you are cranking them down, i'd try going up at least to the blue 92's, maybe even the black 94's if you like tight trucks.

whatever you get try not to crank down on them for a couple of days, helps feel and cracking and crumbling later, imo.

did those black bushings you've come with the trucks? if they came new from indy in the trucks, they're 90a regardless of color.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2020, 01:48:41 PM »
I'm about 165lbs, rocking the 94a Thunder replacement bushings on my Thunder 149 titaniums with cast baseplates. I've had these bushings in all of my Thunders in the past 15 years. Something about the durometer and the slightly translucent teal color really do it for me I guess.

Recently on my second set of these bushings on these trucks actually, because I've been skating these trucks for 3+ years and they are down to axel, but I just can't quit them...

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Garbagewagon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2020, 01:52:38 PM »
150 lbs
ACE 44
Stock Bushings

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
210lbs
venture titanium 5.6
mini logo red hard bushings 100a
mainly park /some street

I like my trucks on the tighter side and love ventures for stability, mini logo bushings feel the best to me for ventures , i've tried bones hard, doh doh 100a and 98a, independent hard

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »
150 lbs + 6' tall
indys - bones hard on back + bones med on front
not indys - bones med on back + bones soft on front

always flat washers top + bottom
always nuts flush, or just a hair of threads showing

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
82kg / 180lbs

[close]

if you are cranking them down, i'd try going up at least to the blue 92's, maybe even the black 94's if you like tight trucks.

whatever you get try not to crank down on them for a couple of days, helps feel and cracking and crumbling later, imo.

did those black bushings you've come with the trucks? if they came new from indy in the trucks, they're 90a regardless of color.

Agreed with 92+ on the scale, which are still not actually that hard and seem almost softer than the stock bushings once they are nicely run in, as the stock ones seem to firm up after a few skates and get harder.

If you check your bushings and they are only a bit cracked on the outside, not right through, just turn them so the crack is closest to the pivot cup area and they should last a whole lot longer again.  This has been the easiest solution for a lot of setups that didn't need new bushings really.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2020, 10:23:37 PM »
I’m 175, ride venture 5.2 with bones soft bushings and mostly skate “street style”   8)

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2020, 10:45:48 PM »
I'm around 170 and run bones mediums in ventures with no top washer. They might be too soft for me.

I have some Indys and just tried to put 90a thunder bushings in them. I feel like the bushings are too big. Should I shave em, or put the thunder bushings on the ventures and the bones on the Indys?
The chillest1

ballintoohard

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »
Overall I weirdly like stock bushings the best except for Indy and I put in the yellow aftermarkets. I dunno how, but all trucks left stock (nut flush with kingpin) end up working best. Tried Bones, Ace, Supercush, and aftermarket Thunder bushings and just never felt as good with any of them. I do have to periodically put in new Indy pivot cups

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »
I'm around 170 and run bones mediums in ventures with no top washer. They might be too soft for me.

I have some Indys and just tried to put 90a thunder bushings in them. I feel like the bushings are too big. Should I shave em, or put the thunder bushings on the ventures and the bones on the Indys?

Putting the thin flat washer that comes with bones bushings on top would make them not feel quite so soft, when done up the same.

Try different combos of normal thicker washer, thin flat bones washer or no washer and see how different it feels.  It definitely makes a difference.

Thunder bushings take a minute to wear in nicely, but are the same height as standards so fit fine in Indy.  If they feel too tight, even try the thin bones washer on top.

Lots of options, but I have cut the top bushing down about 1 mm quite often and it made it feel so much better.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2020, 05:43:24 PM »

I weigh 175 and was running bones mediums in my ventures with the flat top washer but I switched to the bones hard bushings and they turn just as good but are more stable.