Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 49036 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
Thank you @Mbrimson88  and @HumBoogie !!
The chillest1

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2020, 06:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm around 170 and run bones mediums in ventures with no top washer. They might be too soft for me.

I have some Indys and just tried to put 90a thunder bushings in them. I feel like the bushings are too big. Should I shave em, or put the thunder bushings on the ventures and the bones on the Indys?
[close]
I weigh 175 and was running bones mediums in my ventures with the flat top washer but I switched to the bones hard bushings and they turn just as good but are more stable.

Got harder thunder bushings for a different set of trucks because of this comment. Thank you so much dude. I was starting to think I was getting worse but now I realize the bushings were too soft for me. Still in the break in stage so I wouldnt say they turn great yet, but are so much more stable which helped so much today.

Godbless you @HumBoogie!!.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:33:46 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2020, 06:30:37 PM »
So I tried the black independent bushings and I liked them but I finally put the hard hardcore bones bushings back in and there is no better bushings for me. 
I ride medium loose 159 indy titanium and am 200lbs for reference if any other big boys are going through bushing madness like I was.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »
So I tried the black independent bushings and I liked them but I finally put the hard hardcore bones bushings back in and there is no better bushings for me. 
I ride medium loose 159 indy titanium and am 200lbs for reference if any other big boys are going through bushing madness like I was.

Do you use any washers with them?

I know some people swear by no washers, but others swear by all the usual washers, which definitely makes a difference.  All washers are a lot less likely to blow out the bushings too, oddly enough.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2020, 05:57:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm around 170 and run bones mediums in ventures with no top washer. They might be too soft for me.

I have some Indys and just tried to put 90a thunder bushings in them. I feel like the bushings are too big. Should I shave em, or put the thunder bushings on the ventures and the bones on the Indys?
[close]
I weigh 175 and was running bones mediums in my ventures with the flat top washer but I switched to the bones hard bushings and they turn just as good but are more stable.
[close]

Got harder thunder bushings for a different set of trucks because of this comment. Thank you so much dude. I was starting to think I was getting worse but now I realize the bushings were too soft for me. Still in the break in stage so I wouldnt say they turn great yet, but are so much more stable which helped so much today.

Godbless you @HumBoogie!!.
Glad I can be of assistance. I was going thru the same thing so I just decided giving harder bushings a try couldn't hurt and I'm glad I did.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2020, 08:13:18 AM »
ACE on ACE
ACE on Indy

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2020, 12:58:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know some people swear by no washers, but others swear by all the usual washers, which definitely makes a difference.  All washers are a lot less likely to blow out the bushings too, oddly enough.

I use the flat washers that come with the pack, so I don't have to tighten the kingpin past flush. I feel like if I don't use the flat washers on indys the bushing is just slightly small when my kingpin nut is flush.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2020, 02:19:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I use the flat washers that come with the pack, so I don't have to tighten the kingpin past flush. I feel like if I don't use the flat washers on indys the bushing is just slightly small when my kingpin nut is flush.

Yes, works perfectly for you then!

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2020, 07:12:08 AM »
Ace 55s stock
Indy 149 FH bones medium flat washer on top
Indy 169 stage 10 bones medium flat washer on top

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2020, 10:22:31 AM »
Before my hiatus I rode super tight trucks so when I got my new Indys this year I automatically tightened them like a madman and they got cut by the top washers after five minutes.  ::)

I then copped Bones HC hard bushings (the white ones) and also tightened them like an eejit. One of them got deformed immediately. I returned them to the shop who gave me a new set but advised to roll looser trucks.

Which I do since, almost flush. It took a bit of getting used but I love the surfy turn now. For the moment at least. Might have to tighten them a bit more once I grow balls again to go faster than a snail.  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »
Ive been using bones soft bushings in my venture 5.2 highs. Stable yet responsive and they snap back to center really well. Pop has been feeling on point lately

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2021, 10:08:05 AM »
I recently put on some aftermarket bushing for the first time ever. In the past I was much less picky about my setup but now I’m older and more employed, for better or worse.

Anyway:
150 lbs, bones soft in thunder 149s, mostly curbs and ledges, and I like a loose surfy turn

Anybody notice that the bones make a weird sort of “boi-oi-oing” bouncy sound/motion as they snap back to center? Maybe I just need to break them in more. Not sure they’re helping with my wheelbite either. Thunders maybe too damn low? But I’m using a 1/4” riser and 54mm wheels. Do I need to give in and tighten my trucks? Buy a set of Aces? Idk

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »
I recently put on some aftermarket bushing for the first time ever. In the past I was much less picky about my setup but now I’m older and more employed, for better or worse.

Anyway:
150 lbs, bones soft in thunder 149s, mostly curbs and ledges, and I like a loose surfy turn

Anybody notice that the bones make a weird sort of “boi-oi-oing” bouncy sound/motion as they snap back to center? Maybe I just need to break them in more. Not sure they’re helping with my wheelbite either. Thunders maybe too damn low? But I’m using a 1/4” riser and 54mm wheels. Do I need to give in and tighten my trucks? Buy a set of Aces? Idk

I use the hard bones on indys, nut almost flush and I do like the surfy turn as well. It's also forgiving on sketchy landings.

Anyhow, when I first put them on they made a loud clicking nose at every turn but it stopped after a session or two. Not sure that's what you mean.

I also use risers and never had any problems with wheelbite. My wheels are a bit smaller tho.

I would advise against tightening the bones. I did this when I first used them and one of them was immediately squashed, by which I mean that the plastic insert sunk into the bushing and deformed it. I guess those bones are not made for tightening.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2021, 11:51:29 AM »
Indy's stock for me.

I change bushings in my tensor ATG's to bones medium after about six months

About The clicking noise in Bones bushings .. 
like many of us I put wax shavings in the pivot cup,  I also rub wax any friction points the
Plastic rings on the bushings, the flat bones washers etc.. 

When I ride other people's boards I can hear so many noises coming from their trucks now it's very distracting

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2021, 12:16:15 PM »
Thoughts moving from stock Indy 90a cylinder bushings to the black hard Indy 94a conical bushings? Less stable because they’re conical? But they’re harder ..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Thoughts moving from stock Indy 90a cylinder bushings to the black hard Indy 94a conical bushings? Less stable because they’re conical? But they’re harder ..

How much thread do you have out the top of the stock?  If 2+ threads showing, they will be perfect just sitting right on top, or if you want them a bit tighter, it will work well.

If you do find them too tight, you can always cut off a mm from the top bushing and that should be just perfect.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2021, 03:52:33 PM »
I have the Indy blue 92a conical bushings with the nut flush to the kingpin. Turny, but not too out of control.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2021, 04:03:09 PM »
I have the Indy blue 92a conical bushings with the nut flush to the kingpin. Turny, but not too out of control.
in which Indy, and your weight? Considering 94a

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2021, 06:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
in which Indy, and your weight? Considering 94a

139s, 162lbs. I could probably do with orange cylinders, but this is just what I ended up on somehow and i don't hate it.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2021, 05:49:42 PM »
Expand Quote

Anyway:

[close]

I use the hard bones on indys, nut almost flush and I do like the surfy turn as well. It's also forgiving on sketchy landings.

Anyhow, when I first put them on they made a loud clicking nose at every turn but it stopped after a session or two. Not sure that's what you mean.

I also use risers and never had any problems with wheelbite. My wheels are a bit smaller tho.

I would advise against tightening the bones. I did this when I first used them and one of them was immediately squashed, by which I mean that the plastic insert sunk into the bushing and deformed it. I guess those bones are not made for tightening.

Indy's stock for me.

I change bushings in my tensor ATG's to bones medium after about six months

About The clicking noise in Bones bushings .. 
like many of us I put wax shavings in the pivot cup,  I also rub wax any friction points the
Plastic rings on the bushings, the flat bones washers etc.. 

When I ride other people's boards I can hear so many noises coming from their trucks now it's very distracting

Update: made my girlfriend a cruiser for her birthday and put some new Indy 149s on it... as soon as I tried it I instantly remembered why I liked Indies so much in the past. Bought myself a pair right after. Wheelbite almost completely fixed. I get about the same height with a 1/8” riser (instead of 1/4” on the Thunders). Didn’t even need to adjust em at all.

So I guess the moral of the story is this: if you have a wheelbite problem on Thunders, one way of solving it is to throw them out and buy Indies. Might not work or be an option for everyone, but I’m psyched.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • &#3232;_&#3232;
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2021, 08:41:53 PM »
What durometer is the Indy stock bushing? That’s what I’m riding but I have a pair that needs an update.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2021, 02:29:06 AM »
What durometer is the Indy stock bushing? That’s what I’m riding but I have a pair that needs an update.

Almost all normal current trucks are supposed to be 90 duro, regardless of the colour, the only ones seemingly harder were the dark deep red, almost burgundy colour that were in some pro versions, but I cannot remember which ones, something that had a lot of black on them though.

Stock bushings are a touch softer, but still work fine, if not better as replacements and come in red 88 soft, orange 90 medium, blue 92 medium hard, black 94 hard.  There are white 78 super soft and yellow 96 super hard too, but you would not need to worry about those.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »
Hey Folks.
A few questions.
Has anyone ever tryed Indy aftermarket conicals in 148 Thunders , forged baseplate ? If so, do they fit ? Did you use the washers ?
And do they fuck with the thunder geometry ?
I can't find any measurements for them. Would love to know.
My setup atm.
172 lbs
Indy 139 Hollow Forged
Bones Hard Bushings, bones washer on top.
Nut flush.
But i wanna go away from bones in the future.
I blow the bottom ones out every 3 month or so..
Also i wanna try me some 148 thunders but i know the stock bushings are way to soft for me. That's why I ask.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

ballintoohard

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »
Weird timing, but I was thinking of doing this and mocked it up today. They are identical in height and top width. The Thunders are a mm or two narrower at the bottom, so it's a non-issue overall.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »
Classic orange Indy stocks
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2021, 03:29:48 PM »
Finally found the perfect setup for my Indy 169's.
Bone hard bottom, medium top, stock top washer.
Locknut flush. Worked great at the park today.
I weigh 185 BTW.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »
with what? Thunder? The conical bottom doesn’t fit in thunder washers which have cylinder bottoms.

Anywhere to find thunder aftermarket bushings atm? 92 or 95?

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2021, 05:02:31 PM »
Weird timing, but I was thinking of doing this and mocked it up today. They are identical in height and top width. The Thunders are a mm or two narrower at the bottom, so it's a non-issue overall.
Interesting, thanks for the Info !
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2021, 05:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
with what? Thunder? The conical bottom doesn’t fit in thunder washers which have cylinder bottoms.

Anywhere to find thunder aftermarket bushings atm? 92 or 95?
Indy on Indy
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2021, 05:53:44 PM »
indy aftermarket fit in thunder forged but not thunder team?