Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50470 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2021, 08:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Not sure if this has been asked before but any tips regarding bushings that won't turn because of cold?
[close]

Those Pals who live in snow and ice have recommended Bones bushings I have read in other threads, as they don't harden up in cold conditions the way other brands do.

How cold does it get in the southern Americas?
Not that much, like 5⁰C in rough days.
As reference:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 08:15:06 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2021, 08:15:09 AM »
Hard Bones.

I used to rock hard doh doh's before Bones. Tried hard Indy's once to save a bit of money but they blew out in a week. They're pricy bushings but I'm pretty hesitant to try anything else at this point. Bones kind of feel instantly broken in to me as well.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2021, 06:27:29 AM »
I bought some doh dohs on a whim. They are so squeaky. Any one have tips to get rid of that? Do I just need to break them in?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2021, 07:06:13 AM »
I bought some doh dohs on a whim. They are so squeaky. Any one have tips to get rid of that? Do I just need to break them in?

Put a small bit of dish soap or bearing lube on them. Just a tiny bit, otherwise they’ll get all gunked up. I do it for my bushings, washers, KP and pivot

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2021, 07:10:08 AM »

See if it is not the pivot cup squeaking more than the bushings, but either way quite a few people will put a drop of lube or something else like wax shavings in the pivot cup, on the surfaces of the bushings to the washers or the hanger and more often than not, they say it works.  Just wipe off the excess if you have drips or streaks.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sketchyrider

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2021, 08:11:09 AM »
graphite lube is the ultimate solution for pivot cup/bushing squeak. you can grind up pencil lead if you don't have any.

Diocletian

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2021, 08:28:49 AM »
Ace stock bottom with a precision washer, Bones hard top with flat bones washer in my Ace 44's currently. Diggin' it 8)

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2021, 09:10:10 AM »
graphite lube is the ultimate solution for pivot cup/bushing squeak. you can grind up pencil lead if you don't have any.

I tried it, and it didn’t work for me. Still was squeaking, so I went back to dishsoap/speed cream

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2021, 03:22:19 AM »
Anyone else having problems with Indy 94A conical bushings? Thought I should try these instead of Bones Hard, which are always a pain to break in (even though I love them once broken in). The Indy bushings turn more nicely right away but don't rebound well, i.e. if I bail a landed trick they'll just stay skewed. Kind of weird for hard bushings I think? I mean I am 210 lbs but still.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2021, 06:24:01 AM »
Anyone else having problems with Indy 94A conical bushings? Thought I should try these instead of Bones Hard, which are always a pain to break in (even though I love them once broken in). The Indy bushings turn more nicely right away but don't rebound well, i.e. if I bail a landed trick they'll just stay skewed. Kind of weird for hard bushings I think? I mean I am 210 lbs but still.
Yeah mine are doing the same thing. Now I feel it pulling to the right when I'm setting up for tricks.

Bold

• Rep: 32
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2021, 07:17:51 AM »
5'-6" 165#
8.25" Indy hollows with mini logo medium
8" Indy thrasher model with Indy blue 92? Duro. Me bed to the blues from some well worn Indy orange.

I prefer looser trucks with medium/stiff bushings so the mini logos are my jam. The blues just feel a bit more unstable. If they were all I had I wouldn't care. It's not much difference and might all be in my head or due to the difference in truck width.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2021, 07:22:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah mine are doing the same thing. Now I feel it pulling to the right when I'm setting up for tricks.

Yeah, it’s pretty annoying. I am currently trying to (re)learn flip tricks and I feel it’s making it harder to experiment with foot positions while keeping balance. I am going to try stock bushings again before going back to Bones Hard.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2021, 12:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, it’s pretty annoying. I am currently trying to (re)learn flip tricks and I feel it’s making it harder to experiment with foot positions while keeping balance. I am going to try stock bushings again before going back to Bones Hard.
I got tired of the same thing so I went back to bones hard.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »
Bones hard bushings on all my recent setups (for reference I'm about 195lbs right now). They're just so good right out of the box and they last a long time too.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2021, 11:51:02 AM »
Bones hard bushings on all my recent setups (for reference I'm about 195lbs right now). They're just so good right out of the box and they last a long time too.

Just tried a new set of Bones hard the other day instead of the black Indy conical that I didn't like, and on top of the notorious squeaking the plastic insert was hitting the kingpin so hard that I could feel it under my feet, almost like a kingpin breaking. I'll now try the super hard yellow Indys cylinders. Someone recommended the blue Indys cylinders but they are way too soft for me.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2021, 04:31:31 PM »
Been trying to ride stock as much as possible. Really like Ace and Thunder stock. Can't ride anything harder than 90a and I'm 200lbs.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2021, 05:38:38 PM »
Just my experience, but I found the Indy 96a yellows to be unrideable. They're just way harder than one would expect.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2021, 11:44:53 PM »
Just my experience, but I found the Indy 96a yellows to be unrideable. They're just way harder than one would expect.

I’ll try to mix and match, too. Really keen on finding a combination that feels OK right out of the box. Something reproducible. I have a setup that I ride in bowls and ramps with fully broken in Bones hard, they feel perfect for that. But on my street setup they would be too soft for me, and breaking them in like that has been hit or miss in the past. Sometimes they’d never feel right.

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 33
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2021, 03:54:22 AM »
After all thunder stock bushings got mashed up. Independent 88a conical with 1-2 mm cut of from the top bushing in thunders with DLK. The top is now a hair lower then stock thunders, bottoms have the same height. Nut slightly less than flush. I would say it is medium. Turns good but still stable. The rebound was not existing in the first weak now it is great.

ambiguousclarity

• Rep: 11
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2021, 05:54:34 AM »
I'm 5'11 and 162 pounds or 72kg. I've got two set ups. One has 5.85 Theeve CSX with bones medium bushings and the other has 149 Thunder highs with stock bushings. I commute, ride tranny and park most days. I've skated Indy, Tensor Mags and Mini logo trucks and preferred bones medium bushings over the stock bushings on each set up. I prefer the Theeve trucks over all the other trucks I've tried. They tend to chew through the bones bushings, which I think way be due to the elliptical shape of the hanger's eye - the hole the kingpin goes through. 

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2021, 02:31:26 AM »
As soon as I found out Indy made Conical shaped bushings, not just Barrel, it was a game changer for me. Before that I only knew Bones to do conical botttoms.
Lately I've been running 92 Conicals and I don’t have to loosen the nuts as much to get the same response and carve that I had with the barrel. Sooo much nicer.

TL;DR - Conical Indy bushings give more response than Barrel without having to change the Duro.
Super Champion Fun Zone

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2021, 11:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just tried a new set of Bones hard the other day instead of the black Indy conical that I didn't like, and on top of the notorious squeaking the plastic insert was hitting the kingpin so hard that I could feel it under my feet, almost like a kingpin breaking. I'll now try the super hard yellow Indys cylinders. Someone recommended the blue Indys cylinders but they are way too soft for me.
I get this too (insert hitting kingpin), I call it “popping”. Im skating Bones mediums and I am fat as hell. I already blew a top bushing up and the other ones are starting to squirt out and will be toast soon.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2021, 03:17:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I get this too (insert hitting kingpin), I call it “popping”. Im skating Bones mediums and I am fat as hell. I already blew a top bushing up and the other ones are starting to squirt out and will be toast soon.

I think I figured it out. In my case it wasn’t the plastic inserts but the Bones washers (I use one underneath the bottom bushing, and one underneath the nut).

When using Indy washers, the clicking/popping is gone completely. There must be too much clearance around the Bones washer or something.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2021, 10:51:24 AM »
I put my bones hard that I  used for a few months on my thunders with no washer, nut is slightly past flush, and it feels awful. really tight and wheel bite simultaneously

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2021, 11:05:37 AM »
6'4 about 180 pounds

Running Venture 5.6 standards with Ace bushings. (Bottom and top shaved down slightly)

Normal bottom washer and bones top washer.

I really love this setup, I keep the kingpin nut flush and can swerve with one foot while having no rattle and still keeping solid rebound so my board stays straight while feeling pretty loose.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2021, 11:07:25 AM »
Yup, the flat washer digs into the hanger right at wheelbite with the stock bushings just like Ventures. Remove the washer and it's bite city.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2021, 12:12:43 PM »
With my tensor maglights and bones hard bushings, I reuse the tensor top washer and run no bottom washer. No major problems here.

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2021, 12:55:06 PM »
stock

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2021, 05:40:25 AM »
Clear dlx supercush, Indy stage x 169, nut flush with the top of the kingpin. I think this is my favorite truck/bushing combo.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2021, 09:12:08 AM »
Clear dlx supercush, Indy stage x 169, nut flush with the top of the kingpin. I think this is my favorite truck/bushing combo.

Are the supercush higher quality than what comes with DLX trucks stock?