Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50422 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2021, 09:33:36 AM »
Anyone know where I can buy replacement Ace bushings? My fat ass somehow pushed the bushings into the washers and they got all sliced up. Thanks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2021, 10:24:27 AM »
Anyone know where I can buy replacement Ace bushings? My fat ass somehow pushed the bushings into the washers and they got all sliced up. Thanks.

Saw you posted this in the Ace thread. They'll be back in stock soon I imagine, but if you keep having trouble PM me and I can send you some from one of the locals that doesn't do mail-order.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2021, 10:30:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Saw you posted this in the Ace thread. They'll be back in stock soon I imagine, but if you keep having trouble PM me and I can send you some from one of the locals that doesn't do mail-order.

Bless you. Oddly enough, I'm going on vacation and decided to look up local shops in the area. And luckily enough their site says they have some in stock. If that doesn't work out for me, I'll most def hit you up.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »
Any words about minilogo bushings?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »

They're good. Bottom is the same height as Ace classic bottom, Top is the same size as an Indy top. I've skated the orange ones and they held up nicely.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2021, 02:19:03 PM »
stock muthafuckin thunders, don't be a baby. Bones' bushings are trash and split, crack, and melt way too fast for a slightly better rebound.
big texas cummer

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're good. Bottom is the same height as Ace classic bottom, Top is the same size as an Indy top. I've skated the orange ones and they held up nicely.
Great, I was asking for friend from Argentina. Super hard to get stuff in there because of the crazy prices they have on imported goodies and he needs bushings so good news for him.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2021, 04:39:44 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bones softs are the best bushings for Ventures.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2021, 10:56:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bought a few sets from APB when I was in Hawaii. Haha. Had to fly over the ocean to get what I needed.

yungrich

• Rep: 1
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
165 lbs, thunder team 148, stock so far

I just blew out my bushings, and I'm a little lost about what to try next. I'm kind of new, so I prefer stability. I think I cranked down too far, which is probably what destroyed it eventually.

Seems like I should try cylinder (over conical), so I don't need to tighten the nut so much? And probably medium > hard? Do the heights matter? FWIW, I did prefer how Indys turned, marginally, but idk if that's more geometry than bushings.

Any advice on specific bushings / duro to try would be welcome!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:06:30 AM by yungrich »

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2021, 04:55:35 PM »
Expand Quote
stock muthafuckin thunders, don't be a baby. Bones' bushings are trash and split, crack, and melt way too fast for a slightly better rebound.
[close]

Weird, I love Thunder trucks but the bushings always crack and chunk out. I ride fairly loose trucks, maybe that's why? I've been riding Krux bushings in my Thunders, thankfully you don't have to buy Krux. The bushings on their own for 7 bucks. Good turn, feels nice and squishy, they don't crack or chunk.

On my Indy’s I used the bottom washer from my 139s and put it on the top of my 149s. They just fit (149 washer bottoms do not). The extra surface area on the washer means there is no edge bite on the bushings. Also, I soak my bushings in speed cream before I install them. This should reduce friction and prevent the bushings from being chewed up. I have had no issues since I started doing these two things...

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2021, 06:30:24 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bones softs are the best bushings for Ventures.
I agree with bones and venture. I use the hard bushings tho. But I like a bit more stability and I'm heavier.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2021, 02:39:41 PM »
I put some hard bones on some Indy stage 11s and although there's not much space to play with on the kingpin, it's the closest thing to magically improving my skating I've ever come across.

... I also put some bones mediums on my wide-boy setup with classic aces but I was still shit. Guess I just had a good day.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
My stock Venture bushings lasted one 60minute curb session.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2021, 06:22:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I agree with bones and venture. I use the hard bushings tho. But I like a bit more stability and I'm heavier.

Bones softs in ventures are great, but can feel balance beamish to me...the ACE dual duro combo make ventures sing. No joke.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2021, 06:28:07 PM »
165 lbs, thunder team 148, stock so far

I just blew out my bushings, and I'm a little lost about what to try next. I'm kind of new, so I prefer stability. I think I cranked down too far, which is probably what destroyed it eventually.

Seems like I should try cylinder (over conical), so I don't need to tighten the nut so much? And probably medium > hard? Do the heights matter? FWIW, I did prefer how Indys turned, marginally, but idk if that's more geometry than bushings.

Any advice on specific bushings / duro to try would be welcome!

For Thunders, your best bet are the stock bushings (the stock thunder bottom bushing is taller than anything else out there), cylindrical won't matter in that regard.

If you ride tight (since you were cranking them down) try a harder thunder bushing (stock bushings are 90a) suggest you try either the 95du or 100du depending on how tight you need them; the tighter you want them, the harder the duro should be.

https://www.amazon.com/THUNDER-REBUILD-95du-BLUE-trucks/dp/B00JOUFEJY/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B00JOUFEJY&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/THUNDER-REBUILD-100du-BLACK-trucks/dp/B005068WUY

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2021, 06:14:25 AM »
Man, I’m kinda over the venture stock bushings, I’ve been riding these for at least a year and they still favor, not sure what’s up, gonna buy some doh doh yellows just because I fuck with shortys heavy
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

yungrich

• Rep: 1
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »

For Thunders, your best bet are the stock bushings (the stock thunder bottom bushing is taller than anything else out there), cylindrical won't matter in that regard.

If you ride tight (since you were cranking them down) try a harder thunder bushing (stock bushings are 90a) suggest you try either the 95du or 100du depending on how tight you need them; the tighter you want them, the harder the duro should be.

Does the bottom/top bushing height make a big difference? I saw in an earlier post that Indy and Thunder total height is both 23.5mm.

I'm not too sure about 95 or 100. I noticed Thunder labels 95a as "medium", but Indy calls 94a "hard".

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2021, 07:51:30 AM »
new benny video answers the hard hitting questions

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2021, 08:31:45 PM »

I just setup new mediums (have run them many times in the past) and they're too stiff; like Ben with the Hards, to get the kingpin nut flush makes the mediums were unskatable for me. For the record I usually run Bones softs, but they tend to break in too fast and get floopy in just a few sessions. This was using no washers. Bones softs = too soft and Bone mediums = too hard (I won't even touch the hard bushings).

Recently settled on 88a Indy aftermarkets, conical (reds), for everything. They work great in thunders (like Ben noted with the Bones, the indy bushings in thunders, lower the hanger about a mm as the bottom is a just a hair shorter) and great in indys and tensors + they are right in between bones softs and mediums. I do shave the top bushing down tho.

The stock 90a on my last set up indys broke in fast and skate great; I did end up shaving down the top bushing tho as I'm too impatient to break in bushings.

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 62
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2021, 11:01:30 PM »
Set up Indys replacing stock bushings with the red (88A) barrels. Lubed the pivots with drop silicone grease as always. Now, something squeaks when turning, I suspect the bushings. Cannot loosen them any further, nylock would go out. Anyone experienced similar? Will it stop after few sessions? Otherwise loose enough turn for me, but noise is annoying.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • old and in the way
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2021, 11:09:42 PM »

The thing Ben DeGros brings up about Indy stock bushings is that they're super loose and surfy at first but after they break in they somehow stiffen up and become kind of rigid holds true in my opinion. It's kind of frustrating because they start out perfect and I'm not sure how to keep them that way.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:25:10 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

Bongwater Mojito

« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2021, 11:19:12 PM »

The thing Ben DeGros brings up about Indy stock bushings is that at first they're super loose and surfy at first but after they break in they somehow stiffen up and become kind of rigid holds true in my opinion. It's kind of frustrating because they start out perfect and I'm not sure how to keep them that way.

In the past I tried silicone grease also on too stiff Indy stock bushings, not recommending that. They went completely numb, too loose and started to stick crooked. The bushing top and bottom will move too easy out of washers.

Movies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2021, 11:33:51 PM »
I've had trouble with the top washer (on almost every brand) digging into and splitting the top bushing due to the sharp edge and curvature of the washer. Best option I've found is to use Mini Logo top washers. They're flatter than every other brand and allow the top bushing to compress without the washer pinching it.

Also, as a side note the Mini Logo bushings are actually a pretty solid option if you're tired of your Bones splitting (maybe the same urethane?).

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2021, 12:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The thing Ben DeGros brings up about Indy stock bushings is that at first they're super loose and surfy at first but after they break in they somehow stiffen up and become kind of rigid holds true in my opinion. It's kind of frustrating because they start out perfect and I'm not sure how to keep them that way.

That's why I run the 88a (reds); 2 duro holds A LOT of weight when we discuss wheels (e.g., 99a-101a) but doesn't when people discuss bushings...the 88a act just like the 90a do, they're surfier out of the gate, and just like the 90a once they stiffen up, that's where the magic is.

Indy gets some hate, but the aftermarket bushings they offer? Lots of choice compared to Thunder or Bones: 78a///////88a/90a/92a/94a/96a...

Set up Indys replacing stock bushings with the red (88A) barrels. Lubed the pivots with drop silicone grease as always. Now, something squeaks when turning, I suspect the bushings. Cannot loosen them any further, nylock would go out. Anyone experienced similar? Will it stop after few sessions? Otherwise loose enough turn for me, but noise is annoying.

Squeaking should go away (you could also try flipping the bottoms over...I use flat washers against the 'flat' side (not the rounded lip side) of all my indy bushings and no squeaks.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2021, 12:30:41 PM »
I had to replace my Bones HC bushings (hard ones) today because they were crushed and the board didn't roll straight anymore. I had them in for quite some time so no complaints on that. Not looking forward to the clicking of the new ones until they're broken in. I was debating for a while whether to put some blue conical Indy aftermarket bottom bushings in but did not have the courage.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Bongwater Mojito

« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2021, 01:48:58 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Squeaking should go away (you could also try flipping the bottoms over...I use flat washers against the 'flat' side (not the rounded lip side) of all my indy bushings and no squeaks.

Hmm, maybe I should adjust them once more.. trying to get rid of madness and to converge into a consistent setup, starting to feel I'm close already.

When installed the aftermarkets, I noticed that stock bushings were laid as you described. Maybe it does make a difference after all... Madness is behind the corner.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2021, 03:02:50 AM »
Pulled off both stock top venture bushing and popped in some hard thunder top bushings. I dont have to tighten the trucks very much to get good stability. They are a little tighter than I like (because the bushings are hard as fuck) but it’ll work.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2021, 05:47:03 AM »
180lbs, Thunder 149s with Indy medium bushings, mostly the box and flat round rail at my local.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2021, 12:42:38 PM »
Stock Indy bushings > all
Aftermarket Indy orange > Stock Indy bushings