Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50434 times)

greenreese

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2022, 08:12:08 AM »
Do people actually find the Indy blue bushings much harder than the stock? I tried them and I felt by the time I got them the way I wanted they were about the exact same number of threads as stock.

A lot harder.  They feel similar brand new but once broken in they are significantly harder.  I weigh 210lbs and I can run them with the top washer rattling loose and still lean it up on two wheels with no bite.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2022, 09:25:19 AM »
Word cuz I ran them nuts flush when my orange have a thread-1.5 threads showing and wheelbit/ate shit

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2022, 10:37:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Btw has anybody heard of pig bushings? My local just got a huge amount of them in 81, 91 and 96a.

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/de/skate/skateboard-zubehoer/skateboard-lenkgummis?hersteller=171
[close]

That is interesting, but I don't know anything about them.

One thing I had noticed is that it seemed like Pig products had been coming out thick and fast in all manner of new and tried / tested varieties of everything from tools, wax, grip, bolts, bearings, rails, risers and everything in between, so it would be no surprise that they started bringing out bushings now as well.  That is on top of wheels and all the clothing stuff too.

It bugs me that they have the different duros in all the same colours, where I could easily tell which was which before with any colour bushings from Indy, Thunder, or other bushing manufacturers, but overall Pig products seemed to be of reasonable quality in everything I had seen, so if they work, then there is nothing to complain about.

No bushings on here (yet) but everything else is:

https://pigwheels.com/

So Cal has some too, with more pics:

https://socalskateshop.com/Pig-Wheels-Bushings-Medium-Blue-91a.html

This from ebay:

[close]

Just got them and plugged them on my aces

Even in the all turning ace they feel not good, maybe I need to break them in some more but off the bat

They feel like generic truck bushings, they’re stiff initially but start slouching when you lean to turn and don’t really rebound back to center

Like I said though maybe I just need to break them in, I’m trying the green 91a right now and have some 96a in white on standby

So far I think stock bushings in all the top trucks are best in their respective trucks besides the harder/softer options they have like the thunder and ace hard upgrade
[close]

That is interesting, especially considering how many people skate Ace trucks with stock bushings, but I do know some that swap straight out for Bones medium bushings.

From having a set of minimally used Ace AF1 55s as well as a few sets of Ace Classics, I definitely think the stock bushings work well in them, but I also tried quite a few others just to see, including stock Indy with the kingpin nut flush and those things were almost wobbly loose.

The harder bushings might work well, with the kingpin nut not done up so tight, still giving movement but keeping the trucks a little more steady, from what I had found.

See how they feel after a few more sessions anyway.

Definitely, gonna see if they’re like most good bushings where once you break them in they just work.

Hopefully cause I like pigs stuff, of the top wheel brands pig and ricta take my third but nothing tops spits and bones

Now that pig has bushings and bones has had bushings for the longest let’s get some spitfire bushings which will probably just be rebranded thunder/venture/deluxe bushings
yes

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2022, 10:43:43 AM »
Do people actually find the Indy blue bushings much harder than the stock? I tried them and I felt by the time I got them the way I wanted they were about the exact same number of threads as stock.

Not at all for me, although the blues I got were the conical bottom, not the barrel bottom. to me, they're the best replacement if you can't get the stock oranges because they gave the most comparable feeling.

RaptorHunter182

• Rep: 2
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2022, 01:22:20 PM »
State your weight, trucks, bushings, and what you skate

152 lbs. Indy 144 Forged Titaniums. Bones Mediums. A bit of everything but mostly street.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2022, 01:26:59 PM »
130 lbs, Indy 149 hollows, stock, skreets
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

LebowskisRug

« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2022, 02:45:50 PM »
6 foot 3, 162, 144 Indy Standard Hollow, I like skating curbs, manual pads, ledges, mild transition.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2022, 02:58:41 PM »
180, Indy 149 forged hollows, bones hards, mostly park and alot of flat

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2022, 03:09:13 PM »
195lbs, Indy 149 Hollow Standard, Indy 90 (medium) Conical Aftermarket bushings, park/street: manuals/ledges/curbs/flat ground/transition
Super Champion Fun Zone

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2022, 01:23:49 PM »
185 lbs on Indy 144 Tits with Indy 92a aftermarket barrell bushings (top bushing cut in half).

I skate everything except transition above 60"
IG: @flowterspace

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2022, 04:47:52 PM »
Ok re-assessment

Turns out the pig bushings are great, I just had them too tight, put them in my bigger setup

8.18 krooked, 44 ace af1, 52mm bones easy street

They’re really good, defiantly recommend giving them a try

Not sure on the 96a or the option softer than the 91 but I have the green 91 in my ace af1 dialed 2 threads on the front and 3 on the back and they’re really stable and responsive, almost like a thunder
yes

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2022, 10:36:55 PM »
any idea on how tall they are? wouldnt mind trying the 96a
if they fit at least
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #402 on: June 06, 2022, 07:31:37 AM »
Thunder bottom bushings are pretty tall, I grabbed the new news with the updated packaging on em in the white 90a and used the bottom ones with a flat washer underneath and the stock top Ace AF1 bushing, Bones flat washer on top. KILLER fucking turn. My new favorite combo. It feels even more bouncy and responsive than using both stock Ace bushings.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 78
« Reply #403 on: June 06, 2022, 10:43:53 AM »
Hmm... I thought the white thunder bushings wasent that good?
I got a free pair of Guy Mariano Thunders which has the white ones, but ive not skated them yet.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #404 on: June 06, 2022, 11:14:00 AM »

If you want hard Indy bushings, there's no bushing on earth as hard as the "Soft" red Indy offering.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2022, 11:19:51 AM »
On the topic of bushings, but about the bushings you're NOT running. How do you guys store bushings? And all the other urethane like wheels and possibly pivot cups of course. Should bushings be stored freely or compressed in a truck? Airtight?

I'm talking about storage for years of course, not just the short time you're not skating it.

logjammin

« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2022, 11:21:50 AM »
Hmm... I thought the white thunder bushings wasent that good?
I got a free pair of Guy Mariano Thunders which has the white ones, but ive not skated them yet.

I don't know if their aftermarket ones are different than stock by much, as I don't skate Thunders, but these white ones are definitely excellent in my AF1's. I will note that one of the top bushings in the tube literally came split 3/4 of the way down into the bushing, no idea how that made it into the packaging to be shipped out. The tops are too short anyways for Ace's so I wouldn't have used em anyways. Too much kingpin sticking out when you tighten the nut properly vs. Ace's top bushings which is nice n tall.

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »
175 lbs. i run stock venture bushings on 5.6s and 5.8s.

i tried bones med and i dont understand em, trucks wheelbite like crazy. probably just because im sloppy? people stand on my board and say i ride tight but when i stand on it i can make it wheelbite easily just with my heel.

my current bushings have big gouges, so it might be time for new ones. was thinking about NFG but i hope to cure/avoid madness by sticking as close to stock as possible

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #408 on: June 06, 2022, 11:51:25 AM »
On the topic of bushings, but about the bushings you're NOT running. How do you guys store bushings? And all the other urethane like wheels and possibly pivot cups of course. Should bushings be stored freely or compressed in a truck? Airtight?

I'm talking about storage for years of course, not just the short time you're not skating it.

I think, like most polyurethane products, it’s best if they’re stored away from sunlight and too much ozone. All my skate shit goes in a metal popcorn tin I took from work a decade ago, most in plastic bags I’ve rescued. It lives in a closet when it’s not out and I think that’s probably perfectly safe for the quality and durability of the products in question.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2022, 12:51:17 PM »
96a tall Riptide Krank barrels cut down to 14mm in a pair of 149 Ti Thunders with a 85mm Krux roadside bushing. Recenters fast and feels surfy. Also doesn’t wheelbite much with 54mm wheels and no risers. It’s nice not getting pitched.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2022, 08:35:33 PM »
if they fit at least

I’ll try to come back with a comparison pic for size between a stock barely skated af1 and my unopened pig 96a for an good side to side view

The pigs are definitely shorter than stock af1 bushings but not crazy different you’d have to crank them like I did

I just can’t skate loose like the pros so I think a thread dialed in is the flush tightness most would prefer them

Rode my regular af1 44 with the pig green 91a again, and still shocked at how good the trucks feel!

Legit guys, the pig bushings make the af1 feel like thunders

Stable and responsive

Now ace needs to make some hards for the lows, I swapped out the top for a ace hard and way better and more stable with the signature turn but I would still prefer a hard option for the lows
yes

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #411 on: June 07, 2022, 11:33:17 AM »

Now ace needs to make some hards for the lows, I swapped out the top for a ace hard and way better and more stable with the signature turn but I would still prefer a hard option for the lows

Weird they didn't stick with a dual duro solution.

https://shop.acetrucks.com/collections/skate-accessories/products/ace-low-hard-bushings

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2022, 06:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://shop.acetrucks.com/collections/skate-accessories/products/ace-low-hard-bushings

I was pretty keen to see a side pic or anything, but showing them in the packet doesn't help with dimensions.  Not that it is a big deal to me really.  Sure they would be just the right height for those trucks.

As for duro, I guess it is easier to just have things at a significantly harder duro for both for the "hard" bushings.  Had to recheck what the usual bushings were, so copied it to here as well.

Ace Hard Bushings
Replacement bushings ideal for both AF1 & Classics

Top - 94a
Bottom - 94a

Ace Standard/Stock Bushings
Replacement bushings ideal for both AF1 & Classics

Top - 91a
Bottom - 86a

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2022, 07:03:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was pretty keen to see a side pic or anything, but showing them in the packet doesn't help with dimensions.  Not that it is a big deal to me really.  Sure they would be just the right height for those trucks.

As for duro, I guess it is easier to just have things at a significantly harder duro for both for the "hard" bushings.  Had to recheck

It was proof they exist, nothing more. They match up to previous lows.

logjammin

« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2022, 06:19:06 AM »
I found the Ace hard bushings to be kinda meh. Honestly, I've been feeling that way about every type of bushing lately besides stock/medium Ace and the white 90a Thunder bushings I scooped over the weekend. Riptide pivot cups are pretty rad but I never found their bushings to perform like Ace's. Might need to try out those Venom's though, Xen.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #415 on: June 08, 2022, 03:52:57 PM »
Yeah, I don’t know why Ace didn’t go for 91/94 on the hard set. I like their hard bushings, but I always find myself wanting a little bit more turn when I ride them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2022, 11:47:44 PM »
I found the Ace hard bushings to be kinda meh. Honestly, I've been feeling that way about every type of bushing lately besides stock/medium Ace and the white 90a Thunder bushings I scooped over the weekend. Riptide pivot cups are pretty rad but I never found their bushings to perform like Ace's. Might need to try out those Venom's though, Xen.

I can’t ride thunders without them now, they just feel right to me for how I want thunders to feel. I still get some bite but I’m going wheel wells again soon; last time I had them was a polar, 148 teams and the venoms, really good setup.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #417 on: June 09, 2022, 09:00:19 PM »
if they fit at least

I tried the brand new hards in the regular af1 44 and the 96a pigs and oddly I prefer the 91a pig olive greens

For some reason the white 96a pig felt softer than the 91a though, very strange

The hards just felt like a stiffer stock ace so I had to run back to the green 91a pigs

Idk what it is but they make the trucks feel very responsive

Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks dude, now to order these
yes

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 33
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2022, 01:26:26 AM »
What is a good replacement bushing for thunders? I love the stock thunder feel but the bottom bushings keep crumbling for me. I ride them basically stock and weigh 70-75kg.
Indy conicals were okay. I didn't like bones in thunders. NFG bushings are not available in EU. Venom SPF/HPF in 88/90? It seems they have the same 14mm height in the bottom bushing.
I just want stock thunder feel without the bushings breaking all the time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 04:34:06 AM by ImmanuelCunt »

lukepat

• Rep: 7
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »
My Venture 6.1 Stock Bushings are starting to wear away. Are my only options of aftermarket replacements going to be the Loose Truck Conversion Bushing or the Bones Medium Bushings? Thanks.