Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50425 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #510 on: October 09, 2022, 02:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
softer bushings that can fit on lurpivs?
[close]

Ace bushings fit, but I'm not sure if they are softer than standard lurpiv. The ace bottom is 86a, top 91a
[close]

classic or af1 bushings?

Same thing

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #511 on: October 10, 2022, 07:27:56 AM »
I usually leave my trucks stock, but it's gonna get cold as hell where I'm at soon and I wanna skate this winter when it's dry. I've been running some aces (the classics handled winter pretty well from what I remember), but if these trucks don't make it/the freeze up I'm wondering what bushings don't freeze up.

also follow up if I boil indy or thunder stock bushings or get harder ones since it might make them too gummy, anyone think it'd have any effect on making them more freeze resistant?

I usually like indy, thunder, venture, ace, whatever but indy and thunder can be pretty brutal when it's cold out, your board will feel normal for like 10 minutes then you go to turn and nothing happens.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #512 on: October 10, 2022, 07:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I recently got new Indys. I left the stock bushings in and it feels so right.
[close]

once broken in, they're really the best unless you run your shit really tight.
[close]

I just put the stock ones back in after running bones and they feel great but now I kind of want to try the super loose (white Indy bushings) or the loose (red ones). Has any one tried them. Thinking looks a medium loose but on the more “looser” side.

Just catching up on this thread, but I was to remind everyone that the red (“soft”) aftermarket Indy bushings are the worst piles of shit on earth and should be avoided at all cost.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #513 on: October 10, 2022, 12:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just put the stock ones back in after running bones and they feel great but now I kind of want to try the super loose (white Indy bushings) or the loose (red ones). Has any one tried them. Thinking looks a medium loose but on the more “looser” side.
[close]

Just catching up on this thread, but I was to remind everyone that the red (“soft”) aftermarket Indy bushings are the worst piles of shit on earth and should be avoided at all cost.

Well I mean.. they are red. Bad vibes.
IG: @flowterspace

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #514 on: October 10, 2022, 12:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well I mean.. they are red. Bad vibes.

Better dead than red.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

huggernaut

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #515 on: October 10, 2022, 08:48:45 PM »
Does anyone make harder bushings that fit the tensor mag lights?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #516 on: October 10, 2022, 08:51:07 PM »

Yes, thunder bushings are the same shape and size. From 90a to 100a

huggernaut

« Reply #517 on: October 10, 2022, 09:20:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Awesome, thanks!

I thought they might be weird because they show the “interlocking” bushing on their site.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #518 on: October 22, 2022, 04:20:41 PM »
There a shortage on supercush? Or were they just really hard to find right now? Got some 88s and they’re sick, just can’t seem to find anyone who has em in stock.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #519 on: October 22, 2022, 05:07:41 PM »
There a shortage on supercush? Or were they just really hard to find right now? Got some 88s and they’re sick, just can’t seem to find anyone who has em in stock.
actually seen a few places have a good variety of duros, but i know what you mean
if you are in the usa
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/deluxe-supercush-bushings-88a-clear-175-6862645067939/
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/deluxe-tack-and-supply-supercush-soft-bushings-clear-88d-263-6740693123259/

tried tracking down shops with them but also had a little trouble so fell back on parade again, but they say both of those ship from florida so you can try to track down which shops and buy direct if you wanna do the legwork

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #520 on: October 23, 2022, 10:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Awesome, thanks!

I thought they might be weird because they show the “interlocking” bushing on their site.

Pretty sure tensor do that interlocking bushes thing both conical, but thunder are regular shapes barrel, and cone, and conical both.....
Just call me Daddy.

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2022, 12:55:53 AM »
275 pound manbeast here.
Just ordered Mini Logo 100a bushings. And it has been decided that I won’t fuck anymore with my trucks. Except for trying Shortys Doh Doh 100a.
Have tried Super hard yellow aftermarket Indy and Bones Hards. Both are 96a. If I were better at skating or a little lighter, I’d definitely rock the Bones.

Will report in how it goes.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #522 on: October 24, 2022, 06:14:01 PM »
Have tried Super hard yellow aftermarket Indy and Bones Hards. Both are 96a. If I were better at skating or a little lighter, I’d definitely rock the Bones.
  I'm assuming you liked the Bones more? I have a pair of 149s coming in the mail and I've been trying to decide between the two.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #523 on: October 24, 2022, 08:05:35 PM »
Got some standard medium 92a independent aftermarket conical bushings to replace a blow out top bushing. Didn't realize they were conical and forgot the default bottom bushing was cylindrical. They feel kinda weird and my trucks rest all crooked now until my fat ass stands on em. Maybe I'll put in the old bottom bushings again.

Creachteach

« Reply #524 on: October 25, 2022, 12:53:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  I'm assuming you liked the Bones more? I have a pair of 149s coming in the mail and I've been trying to decide between the two.
Yeah, the Bones gave me less wheelbite, but was more responsive, fast and carvey, and are fast at snapping back to center. The Indys could do deeper carves/turn sharper, but came with a risk.

I have a theory about the stuff. The bigger your board and trucks are, the more leverage you have on your bushings. I’m on 159s now, but if I were on smaller trucks and skinnier board, maybe the Bones would be enough.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #525 on: October 25, 2022, 06:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Awesome, thanks!

They're not the same height. Thunder bottoms are much taller than Tensor bottoms. Bones bushings (no washer) are the same height as Tensor bottoms w/washer.

275 pound manbeast here.
Just ordered Mini Logo 100a bushings. And it has been decided that I won’t fuck anymore with my trucks. Except for trying Shortys Doh Doh 100a.

Will report in how it goes.

Man, nothing harder than 100a out there huh...ML bushings > Doh dohs for sure. Thunder makes a 100...they'd be tall for indy but if you crank'em down I guess you'd net a tight ass truck than using bushings made to fit indys.

Creachteach

« Reply #526 on: October 25, 2022, 11:17:59 PM »

Man, nothing harder than 100a out there huh...ML bushings > Doh dohs for sure. Thunder makes a 100...they'd be tall for indy but if you crank'em down I guess you'd net a tight ass truck than using bushings made to fit indys.

No such thing, I’m afraid. Imma have to cut up some old wheels DIY style and make, 84b duro bushings.
Glad I went with ML then, if they’re the better choice.
Solid advice about the Thunders, they’ll be right at the top of my list of shit to test out.

huggernaut

« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2022, 10:00:58 PM »
Ordered some nfg bushings before reading the impressions on here.

They suck. Definitely not as hard as other 95a I’ve tried and they get “stuck” one way or the other with almost no rebound if you land at an angle.

Don’t make the mistake I did.

huggernaut

« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2022, 10:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No such thing, I’m afraid. Imma have to cut up some old wheels DIY style and make, 84b duro bushings.
Solid advice about the Thunders, they’ll be right at the top of my list of shit to test out.

Fwiw I really like the thunder 100a bushings. Could sand or shave them down to fit the right height?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #529 on: October 26, 2022, 10:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fwiw I really like the thunder 100a bushings. Could sand or shave them down to fit the right height?

By the time they compress down, they don't even feel any different in Indy trucks, as per a setup here, but I do feel like they give a whole lot more, as in I can still turn a whole lot more on them than some other comparable duro bushings.

Definitely work in whatever trucks you put them in if you want a harder compression.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #530 on: October 27, 2022, 02:04:49 AM »
Hey guys, is there a chart somewhere with height of each truck brand bushings (bottom and top) ?

justpassingthrough

• Rep: 15
« Reply #531 on: October 27, 2022, 07:50:05 AM »
120(ish)lbs (i'm only 5'6 gimme a break!) Ace 03s always keep the stock bushings on Aces they break in 1st day. I skate anything I can. I have 3 setups- 1 is my everyday deck 8.25 52mm Spitfires and newer Aces. 2 is a 7.75 with old Aces and like 49mm for messing around with tech stuff I rarely skate it. 3- A shaped board with old Aces and 56mm wheels for steep transition stuff because I like cheating ha.  But seriously I'm stuck on Ace.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #532 on: October 27, 2022, 09:28:45 AM »
Hey guys, is there a chart somewhere with height of each truck brand bushings (bottom and top) ?

I don't think so, but skatedeluxe.com has all measurements on most of the bushings they sell so that might help you

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2022, 04:23:22 PM »

There had been quite a lot of info around, but it always gets lost.

From one page back, I posted some more well known brands again.

Post here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112631.msg3874036#msg3874036

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #534 on: October 28, 2022, 01:33:05 AM »
Thanks @goodatmeth & @Mbrimson88

that's a great start

Creachteach

« Reply #535 on: October 28, 2022, 02:06:42 AM »
Mini Logo red 100a bushings came in the mail yesterday and I tested them out in the evening.
They work out alright, I think.
I ditched the risers and put on fresh 54mm wheels instead of the 57mm I had in there.
Forged hollows still wheelbite.
Total setup height is much lower now compared to before, and pop is much better now.
I want a wheelbite-free setup, is it even possible, without going tiny wheels AND riser pads?

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #536 on: October 28, 2022, 02:33:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
actually seen a few places have a good variety of duros, but i know what you mean
if you are in the usa
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/deluxe-supercush-bushings-88a-clear-175-6862645067939/
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/deluxe-tack-and-supply-supercush-soft-bushings-clear-88d-263-6740693123259/

tried tracking down shops with them but also had a little trouble so fell back on parade again, but they say both of those ship from florida so you can try to track down which shops and buy direct if you wanna do the legwork

Ended up pulling the trigger on the shipping but finally got em. Weighing out shipping or buying more shit I don’t need.

Had to. Indy aftermarkets suck. Bones look gross to me although they ride awesome. Supercush are the truth.

Did look at NFG. Anyone got opinions on em?

huggernaut

« Reply #537 on: October 28, 2022, 08:11:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
if you are in the usa

[close]

Ended up pulling the trigger on the shipping but finally got em. Weighing out shipping or buying more shit I don’t need.

Had to. Indy aftermarkets suck. Bones look gross to me although they ride awesome. Supercush are the truth.

Ordered some nfg bushings before reading the impressions on here.

They suck. Definitely not as hard as other 95a I’ve tried and they get “stuck” one way or the other with almost no rebound if you land at an angle.

Don’t make the mistake I did.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:30:49 AM by huggernaut »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #538 on: October 28, 2022, 08:19:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
if you are in the usa

[close]

i liked them initially and rode them for a while before i just got tired of the feeling. their 95 duro is the softest 95 i've ever come across (and other's have said the same). it's not a quick twitchy softness, it's a squishy softness for me. and as someone who was pretty vocal about liking them on here, i'll definitely say after time on them that they are not for me.
the ONLY thing i can think of (which i've posted before somewhere) is getting a little taller of a top bushing because they squish so much and maybe that would make it feel like a true 95 but honestly i doubt it.

also they haven't restocked certain sizes on the site from what i can tell so idk what the future holds for them

tl;dr - not worth the time/money

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2022, 06:36:31 PM »
I’m happy to report my bushing madness is over. Indy 94, cylinder shaped bottom bushing. I like the black color, too. They work great in my Ventures. I ride kinda tight and am 232 lbs. I don’t have to crank them down to make them tight and they are breaking in quickly.