Author Topic: Muscle Rub ointments / lotions  (Read 2041 times)

sbmfj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Muscle Rub ointments / lotions
« on: August 25, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »
Muscle cream / ointments / muscle rubs – Thoughts on their uses?

Tend to see more of these things around. Wondering on the effectiveness. Does anyone here use them on a regular basis?

Wondering if the THC / CBD stuff works, is it really worth the extra coin? Or just stick to Icy Hot – Arnica type creams.

Im looking for seomthing else besdie the good ol foam roller...

Thanks.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
Re: Muscle Rub ointments / lotions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »
I wish tiger balm made CBD rub. Feel like that would be the perfect product.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:46:21 PM »
CBD is good but watch out for other stuff as although it feels good it doesn't actually help heal and can even slow down healing.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
I like voltaren, the arthritis one
listen to cosmic psychos

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 06:56:23 PM »
Not wanting to come off like a snake oil salesman, but the CBDMD brand lotion helps a lot. I’ve had times where I didn’t use it as recovery after skating/cycling/hiking and I can notice I’m more sore the days following.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »

Cheap and easy

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 04:05:28 AM »
I tweaked a knee on a New York visit, not wanting to let it go to waste, rubbing the Duane Reade brand soothing cream or whatever it was made me good enough to make it through the rest of the week. I think I was laid up for a couple after that but I was still able to skate so I think if the cheap stuff can work short term then something of substance will probably hold up for daily use.

I don't know, sheeeit I ain't a doctor
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

chpsk8

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 09:07:12 PM »

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 08:00:57 PM »
This is also quite good.. Phiten, its a Japanese product

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 03:15:35 AM »

Tiger Balm in the little hexagonal jar is the best thing I have had in the last decade.  Busted both ankles in the late 80s and early 90s and was told by the Naturopath that it is one of the few things that will actually help overall.

I use it very regularly on both ankles, from mid foot to low shin, which has helped a whole lot, especially on colder days when I was not so keen to get moving, be it skating or just going to work.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 04:36:16 AM »
I like to mix DMSO, Arnica, and Blue Emu.

Tiger balm is great too, but the smell can be a bit much. And the red stuff will stain.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 05:56:00 AM »
Depends what you want to use it for.

My wife has tensions in the back and she says the CBD oil helps her relaxing the muscles (obv. I have to apply it with my superior massaging skills which does the actual trick lol).

Personally, when I am in pain, in particular knee pain after skating huge stairsets (talking 2.5 steps) I use wintergreen essential oils pure or diluted in carrier oil. This properly heats up the muscles.  8)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 09:55:11 PM »
Tiger balm, but my girl got me a similar jawn called badger balm. I fox with that. Cbd can be hit or miss. If you can get some from a real shop not like frys or so emething like that it'll be legit. Or rock that badger balm pal.
Whoa. Danger.

Mon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 07:25:47 AM »
Anyone tried the skate injury lotion, The Cream? Has a blue lid

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 08:01:26 AM »
I use something called "pferdesalbe" here in germany.
So ruff translated it would be "horseointment"
It cools you down after sessions. Or, If you use more of it and work it in with a massage for 5 minutes it warmth you up.
I use it daily, 2-3 times. No sideaffects for me and i got very sensitive skin.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:12:07 AM by vicious cycle »
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 06:49:28 PM »

Yes The Cream is good for injuries, eg you have a something injury (not broken skin) you rub it all in and it speeds up recovery.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 06:57:14 PM »

It's just a standard arnica cream and you can get the same thing at any decent pharmacist or sports store.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 10:09:20 PM »
For CBD oil/ointment to have truly potent effects it's got to be full spectrum rather than an industrial hemp plant aka the shit sold in health food stores. If you're in a legal state and don't have access to flower/trim to make your own, Papa & Barkley is based in Humboldt County, CA and hands down makes the most effective salve. Releaf Balm 3:1 is legit and you can get it shipped anywhere. The THC based, Releaf Balm 1:3 is more effective however.

If you've got ganja byproduct to spare, even a zip will do, it's not hard to make your own salves with an instant pot- just know your crib will reek.

Ingredients: Jar of Coconut oil, beeswax, arnica, your choice of essential oils, flower. there are many recipes available that will guide you through making salve.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

vicious cycle

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »
For CBD oil/ointment to have truly potent effects it's got to be full spectrum rather than an industrial hemp plant aka the shit sold in health food stores. If you're in a legal state and don't have access to flower/trim to make your own, Papa & Barkley is based in Humboldt County, CA and hands down makes the most effective salve. Releaf Balm 3:1 is legit and you can get it shipped anywhere. The THC based, Releaf Balm 1:3 is more effective however.

If you've got ganja byproduct to spare, even a zip will do, it's not hard to make your own salves with an instant pot- just know your crib will reek.

Ingredients: Jar of Coconut oil, beeswax, arnica, your choice of essential oils, flower. there are many recipes available that will guide you through making salve.
Good idea. I made an anti tik salve once by my self and its really simple. Anyone can do so. Based in germany the only hemp i have access to without an recipe is CBD oil and CBD weed out of Switzerland. Maybe this will work too.. I will try this out .

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 03:08:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Good idea. I made an anti tik salve once by my self and its really simple. Anyone can do so. Based in germany the only hemp i have access to without an recipe is CBD oil and CBD weed out of Switzerland. Maybe this will work too.. I will try this out .

if the base products are inexpensive, it can work really well. Is cannabis expensive in Germany? I used to use old weed to make a coconut oil salve- just weed and coconut oil- and it worked pretty well and actually got me high, but if you can probably make a good one yourself with CBD buds.

Anti tik salve? for the insects?

vicious cycle

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 04:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

if the base products are inexpensive, it can work really well. Is cannabis expensive in Germany? I used to use old weed to make a coconut oil salve- just weed and coconut oil- and it worked pretty well and actually got me high, but if you can probably make a good one yourself with CBD buds.

Yea for the insects. I'm an outdoor guy and i had a lot of those little bloodsuckers over the years.
Weedprices, i don't know the streetprice. It's still illegal in Germany, only If you have an medical recipe, then you pay arround 20€ a gram for the THC stuff.
CBD weed is also kind of illegal in Germany. Atleast the buds. Don't ask me why.. but you can order it online for arround 10€ a gram.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2021, 06:15:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yea for the insects. I'm an outdoor guy and i had a lot of those little bloodsuckers over the years.
Weedprices, i don't know the streetprice. It's still illegal in Germany, only If you have an medical recipe, then you pay arround 20€ a gram for the THC stuff.
CBD weed is also kind of illegal in Germany. Atleast the buds. Don't ask me why.. but you can order it online for arround 10€ a gram.

Ya, it would probably be kind of expensive to make your own then =/

What's your recipe for tick balm? I hate those fuckers and we've got Lyme's disease, which can be lethal

vicious cycle

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 02:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

What's your recipe for tick balm? I hate those fuckers and we've got Lyme's disease, which can be lethal
It takes a bit more affort. Atleast how i did it.
Its based on coconut oil, bee wax, black seed oil and fir resin. I collected the resin by my self. Than cleared and dryed it. Otherwise you have a lot of treestuff in it. To clear it i cooked it in an old sock. The end result is called burgundy resin in Germany.
I took :
40 Milliliters coconutoil
20 Grams of the resin
10 Grams bee wax
+ a bit of the black seed oil.
I got this from a suvival typ of guy who creeps tru the woods all day.
The consistency is a bit strange. Pretty sticky.
But for me it worked very well. Had no bloodsuckers in my balls since then .
But beware, cooking resin is a big mess. You don't wanna do it in the kitchen and don't use a pot you need for anything else afterwards..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 03:03:32 AM by vicious cycle »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2021, 12:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
It takes a bit more affort. Atleast how i did it.
Its based on coconut oil, bee wax, black seed oil and fir resin. I collected the resin by my self. Than cleared and dryed it. Otherwise you have a lot of treestuff in it. To clear it i cooked it in an old sock. The end result is called burgundy resin in Germany.
I took :
40 Milliliters coconutoil
20 Grams of the resin
10 Grams bee wax
+ a bit of the black seed oil.
I got this from a suvival typ of guy who creeps tru the woods all day.
The consistency is a bit strange. Pretty sticky.
But for me it worked very well. Had no bloodsuckers in my balls since then .
But beware, cooking resin is a big mess. You don't wanna do it in the kitchen and don't use a pot you need for anything else afterwards..

right on! I'll have to go to the Douglas fir groves and see what I can find. I've collected redwood resin for other things, so that's pretty cool. thank you

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 02:37:54 PM »
I've tried a bunch, since I was in PT for injuries and got some advice from the doctors.

Over the counter: My doc recommended Biofreeze and it works pretty well. Not sure what makes it better than other brands, I kinda think they're all the same.

Cannabis: I live in a legal state and I've tried a few full spectrum thc/cbd rubs... they work ok but I'm not sure they are all that much better than regular drugstore stuff. Kind of expensive.

Prescription: I used to get this stuff called Pennsaid, which is basically a topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, like advil. This shit is killer and I wish I had more, but luckily I haven't been hurt bad enough to actually ask a doctor in a while. here's a link: https://www.pennsaid.com/

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »
Extra heat tiger balm
Cocteau Twins

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 05:34:21 PM »
this shit is good