Author Topic: Saari, Penny, Lopez and more. | Flip Demo in 2014  (Read 1450 times)

taro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
    • Online Portfolio avatar image
Saari, Penny, Lopez and more. | Flip Demo in 2014
« on: August 25, 2020, 08:31:16 AM »
Just stumbled across this little edit I made in 2014. Thought some of you might like to see it as well. Cheerio!

quimtime

Re: Saari, Penny, Lopez and more. | Flip Demo in 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 10:29:37 AM »
Did Penny skate the mini ramp?

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 02:34:24 PM »
Paging Cult of Tom ....

One of my buddies drove the Flip team around Europe 2005ish and I said wow that must have been cool and he said he hated because they were doing a shitload of cocaine all day every day.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 02:52:23 PM »
Who was that bored malnourished flamingo in the delicate hoody?

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
Paging Cult of Tom ....

One of my buddies drove the Flip team around Europe 2005ish and I said wow that must have been cool and he said he hated because they were doing a shitload of cocaine all day every day.

You're a treasure trove of salacious hearsay about the old Flip team today, aren't you?

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Paging Cult of Tom ....

[close]

You're a treasure trove of salacious hearsay about the old Flip team today, aren't you?

Pure coincidence. And either first hand or VERY credible source. Ted Lee and Mirko Mangum from Planet Earth were at the Bourges skate camp in summer 1993, director was Serge Malinowski. Fact check me all you want. Not giving my buddies name who drove them around Europe though.  He still works in the industry.

I love Flip though (in fact my all time fave team) and is it a surprise they did drugs or got drunk back then? If you do gonna do coke on a tour and act like dicks to your driver,  expect some backlash sooner or later.

I've heard tons of stories like that about many pros and ams I am not disclosing here.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 04:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Paging Cult of Tom ....

[close]

[close]

Pure coincidence. And either first hand or VERY credible source. Ted Lee and Mirko Mangum from Planet Earth were at the Bourges skate camp in summer 1993, director was Serge Malinowski. Fact check me all you want. Not giving my buddies name who drove them around Europe though.  He still works in the industry.

I love Flip though (in fact my all time fave team) and is it a surprise they did drugs or got drunk back then? If you do gonna do coke on a tour and act like dicks to your driver,  expect some backlash sooner or later.

I've heard tons of stories like that about many pros and ams I am not disclosing here.

No surprise here, sounds about like what you would probably expect. And I'm all for salacious skate rumors, so no need to hold back on any account besides not getting the forum shut down for defamation.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 12:56:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Paging Cult of Tom ....

[close]

[close]

[close]

No surprise here, sounds about like what you would probably expect. And I'm all for salacious skate rumors, so no need to hold back on any account besides not getting the forum shut down for defamation.

Haha yes but those rumors ARE hearsay and/or could potentially wreck marriages, hurt their kids or endanger their endorsements or this forum, and I am not down for that even though they are good, what happens in Europe stays in Europe kind of stories. I'm a dude with high moral standards bro. 

BTW OP liked the edit, thanks

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 01:05:49 AM »
Intense sounding catch on Louie Lopez's Bs Kickflip in the miniramp. Then I realized it's the kid in the background tapping his board in just the right moment.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 05:07:33 AM »
Man Arto made everything look so good
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

taro

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 09:31:33 AM »
thanks mister!

Indeed! Have you ever seen him skate in person?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 02:34:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
thanks mister!

Expand Quote
[close]
Indeed! Have you ever seen him skate in person?

I want to say yes but I'm not actually sure. Maybe at a demo a very long time ago
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

taro

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 09:13:29 AM »
I want to say yes but I'm not actually sure. Maybe at a demo a very long time ago

Arto is a beast. Skating and physique wise.