Author Topic: Anthony Huber RIP  (Read 19585 times)

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
Re: Anthony Huber RIP
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »
Imagine being insane enough to think the 17 year old murderer was somehow acting virtuously.

Dude drove across state lines to be there. He wanted an excuse to mow people down and he manufactured one.

It's too bad Anthony wasn't able to smash the murderer's temple in before other lives were taken.

RIP

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2020, 09:59:38 PM »
I think the defund the police movement would gain a lot more steam if the people knew exactly what every police department around the US got, and/or it was called ‘repeal the 1033 program.’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_Support_Office
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »
SOTY

Bighugemegajohnson

• Rep: -75
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2020, 11:05:35 PM »
OPEN BORDERS
Fuck state lines
Especially the ones with Mexico

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2020, 04:43:56 AM »
I’m Australian. Americans think we’re backwards. Umm...
🥵<your president

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -203
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2020, 05:15:48 AM »
I’m Australian. Americans think we’re backwards. Umm...
&#129397;<your president

ScoMo isn’t great either, but anybody would look like a genius compared to Trump

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2020, 05:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm scared that this will be the new trend(gun violence) on both sides.  I've never seen such a far gap between left and right.  I'm a pretty centered person when it comes to beliefs, but even in this thread someone claimed that being centered is considered ALT Right.  It's so not true, I just want the best for everyone.
[close]

It’s a nice sentiment, one I can relate to. It seems so level-headed and fair, not tending towards either extreme.

But the ‘center’ is only relative to the what is considered the edges of acceptable dialogue.

And in the states, that dialogue (except in the area of civil rights) has steadily drifted towards the right since the 50’s.

Your so-called ‘reasonable, centrist’ position is not stable, it drifts with the culture. And US culture is much more right-leaning than the rest of the secular world, in regards to policing, economics, wealth inequality, etc.

As the US marches rightward, so does the centrist position.

Expand Quote
Nobody should be getting murdered by cops, nobody should be burning down cities, nobody should be travelling to riots with a rifle, nobody should be smacking people on the head with bike locks, nobody should be afraid because of the colour of their skin, nobody should be judging people based on the colour of their skin.... 
[close]

Sounds reasonable...

Expand Quote
I know it's unrealistic, but it would be nice if people just worked as a team instead of being pitted against each other.  The media and politicians play a huge role in dividing people for their own benefit.  They've created a warzone. 
[close]

Yes, it is unrealistic to expect people to cooperate with a government bent on restraining them, with an economic system bent on exploiting them.

In which case, where does the solution lie?

Expand Quote
All people want is full transparency, and full accountability when it comes to policing.  They should be subject to the laws we live by as citizens.  Accountability for their actions...NO BREAKS BECAUSE OF THEIR STATUS.  If the police were truly tasked with serving and protecting the community equally, nobody would be calling for defunding.
[close]

Well, I don’t quite believe this. The function of the police is not to prevent crime or solve crime. Statistics again and again show this to be false.

People interested in policing as a career tend to be extremely authoritarian. And it attracts people who enjoy power and who can get away with using power over people they believe to be inferior.

The police have limited function, and what I believe most people want are not ‘fairer’ police (because their function is to protect wealth inequality)

They want a society where policing is not needed. Where people’s needs are taken care of.

Expand Quote
What happened in this situation was avoidable yet tragic.  RIP Anthony.
[close]

Again, I’m not sure. This has been building for a long time. You mentioned at the very beginning of your post that you are worried about increasing gun violence in both sides.

How is this ‘centrist’? It ignores the fact that politically-motivated gun violence and murder is almost exclusively a right-wing phenomenon. Trying to spin it as ‘both sides’ is either extremely ignorant or extremely dishonest
"centrism" is almost always a weak attempt to gaslight the uninformed into thinking the atrocities of the right are equal on the left, laughable shit really. "both sides" rhetoric doesnt come from both sides, just the right side.

all centrists clearly failed math because none of their equations add up on the calculator. damn "both sides" for systematically defunding education to attempt an authoritarian regime though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2020, 06:05:25 AM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7kpj4b/alleged-kenosha-killer-loved-cops-guns-trump-and-triggering-the-libs-classmates-say

When your classmates predict you are going to be a school shooter and this happens, then well, I guess you are just a lying murderer and the conservatives have all gone traitard like their traitard in chief.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2020, 07:09:11 AM »
This country is so fucked.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2020, 07:24:38 AM »
Off, you’re spot on with your assessment of centrism. America is so far to the right that our liberal answer to Fox News, msnbc, is far to the right of center and predominantly never trumper conservatives. The right gets coddled in this country, to the point that anything they do wrong, like this Kyle kid in Kenosha will be celebrated and arguments involving an absurd amount of mental gymnastics will be on display. Now, last night we had a shooting in Portland where a trump radical was killed. (Still not sure if it was by friendly fire or an agent provocateur) and we will see these same voices demonize the whole black lives matter movement and claim that it is all centered around violence, when in fact it’s the right wingers that have been shooting at the protesters for two weeks in a row and have been killing protestors and black people in the streets since Charlottesville. Ring wing authoritarianism is in full effect.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:59:19 AM by mtvic »

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2020, 07:30:20 AM »
I was wondering when the Portland shooting was going to get brought up on here.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »
RIP

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
Trying to disarm a semi-automatic from a person after you just saw that same person shoot someone in the head and kill them is heroic.

Anthony is a hero who was trying to protect others around him from getting shot and killed. 

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2020, 03:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm scared that this will be the new trend(gun violence) on both sides.  I've never seen such a far gap between left and right.  I'm a pretty centered person when it comes to beliefs, but even in this thread someone claimed that being centered is considered ALT Right.  It's so not true, I just want the best for everyone.  Nobody should be getting murdered by cops, nobody should be burning down cities, nobody should be travelling to riots with a rifle, nobody should be smacking people on the head with bike locks, nobody should be afraid because of the colour of their skin, nobody should be judging people based on the colour of their skin.... 
I know it's unrealistic, but it would be nice if people just worked as a team instead of being pitted against each other.  The media and politicians play a huge role in dividing people for their own benefit.  They've created a warzone. 
All people want is full transparency, and full accountability when it comes to policing.  They should be subject to the laws we live by as citizens.  Accountability for their actions...NO BREAKS BECAUSE OF THEIR STATUS.  If the police were truly tasked with serving and protecting the community equally, nobody would be calling for defunding.

[close]

[close]

Memes are a horrible way to argue.  It doesn't mean I'm split down the middle on all issues.  I take certain things that I like from all political parties...(in Canada we have multiple).  I hated our former conservative government(we are currently run by liberals), but they had a few things that I liked.  The current Liberal parties have some things that are great and some things that are total shit.  We have a New Democratic Party that has some good ideas, and some very bad ideas.  That Meme is a prime example of trying to force people onto teams of left and right.

I base my personal ethics on a mix of all the positives that derive from each party.  I vote for who ever I think will be best for our country as a whole. 

Edit: if you think I'm implying that Anthony Huber deserved what happened to him, you are mistaken.  I just see such a divide happening in the United States right now, and quite frankly, it's scary.

i wrote a post almost exactly like your and deleted it because this place is kind of shit for political debate now. chris rock has a good bit about this that lines up with how i feel pretty well.

if your opinions line up 100% with either party then you aren't thinking for yourself, sorry. if you look at any of these recent issues and feel they are 1 sided, you aren't thinking, sorry.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2020, 03:52:35 PM »

Dont

• Rep: -3
« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »
Trying to disarm a semi-automatic from a person after you just saw that same person shoot someone in the head and kill them is heroic.

Anthony is a hero who was trying to protect others around him from getting shot and killed. 

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2020, 07:00:41 PM »

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »
Chris Rock is dead on with this shit

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2020, 09:38:10 PM »
Rest in peace Anthony Huber, a true American hero.

License2Bust

• Rep: -31
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2020, 05:14:15 AM »
SLAP, deluded as ever.
Kid did nothing wrong.
A couple of lowlifes(wife beater, pedi, burglar.) rushed him, and he acted accordingly.

Huber should’ve deflected the bullet with his board a la THPS tennis mission/challenge, lol.

sketchyrider

« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2020, 05:52:00 AM »
You know youre in the right when you gotta make a burner account!

Pat Eisenhauer

• Rep: 22
    • Going Home Again avatar image
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2020, 07:32:20 AM »
Every pro-Kyle response is the same thing too ie. bringing up priors.  So obvious.

gonzSOI

« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2020, 07:32:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm scared that this will be the new trend(gun violence) on both sides.  I've never seen such a far gap between left and right.  I'm a pretty centered person when it comes to beliefs, but even in this thread someone claimed that being centered is considered ALT Right.  It's so not true, I just want the best for everyone.  Nobody should be getting murdered by cops, nobody should be burning down cities, nobody should be travelling to riots with a rifle, nobody should be smacking people on the head with bike locks, nobody should be afraid because of the colour of their skin, nobody should be judging people based on the colour of their skin.... 

[close]

[close]

Memes are a horrible way to argue.  It doesn't mean I'm split down the middle on all issues.  I take certain things that I like from all political parties...(in Canada we have multiple).  I hated our former conservative government(we are currently run by liberals), but they had a few things that I liked.  The current Liberal parties have some things that are great and some things that are total shit.  We have a New Democratic Party that has some good ideas, and some very bad ideas.  That Meme is a prime example of trying to force people onto teams of left and right.

I base my personal ethics on a mix of all the positives that derive from each party.  I vote for who ever I think will be best for our country as a whole. 

Edit: if you think I'm implying that Anthony Huber deserved what happened to him, you are mistaken.  I just see such a divide happening in the United States right now, and quite frankly, it's scary.
[close]

i wrote a post almost exactly like your and deleted it because this place is kind of shit for political debate now. chris rock has a good bit about this that lines up with how i feel pretty well.

if your opinions line up 100% with either party then you aren't thinking for yourself, sorry. if you look at any of these recent issues and feel they are 1 sided, you aren't thinking, sorry.

END THREAD

sketchyrider

« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2020, 07:34:08 AM »
pack it up fellas, some stuff got bolded and a guy said end thread. case closed, both sides or whatever.

sketchyrider

« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
friendly reminder that attempting to detach yourself from the discussion and force a centrist narrative isn't the intellectual exercise you think it is

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2020, 07:50:44 AM »

Rest in peace Anthony Huber, a true American hero.

My opinion lines up 100 percent with this statement.

i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2020, 08:42:35 AM »

The killer only killed those who attacked him. Wrong?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2020, 08:57:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The killer only killed those who attacked him. Wrong?

This kind of logic starts to make a little sense if he was in his house minding his own business. That is far from the case here.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

gonzSOI

« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »
friendly reminder that attempting to detach yourself from the discussion and force a centrist narrative isn't the intellectual exercise you think it is

friendly reminder that i dont give a fuck what you think

Frank and Fred

« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »
Video of the kid prior to being attacked by multiple people.

Wisconsin’s self defense statue permits deadly force, if it is used to prevent the defendant’s death or “great bodily harm.” That’s obvious in the videos.

This one will go the way of the Trayvon/Zimmerman case.

The only thing that is obvious is that this Kyle kid really wanted to play bang bang. He went into that scenario to play out a sick fantasy and he did.