Author Topic: fix "preview"  (Read 669 times)

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
fix "preview"
« on: August 27, 2020, 11:47:23 AM »

I've noticed that the preview button is rather inaccurate and doesn't show you if your video/photo posts properly. It always just shows the link rather than the embedded video/photo

admin

• Administrator
  • Rep: 890
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: fix "preview"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 10:13:05 AM »

Test Preview

I am confused because I just tested this by "Previewing" the portion of the post above and it resulted in this:

can you provide more information as to what your experiencing?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

test

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 12:32:24 PM »

Test Preview

I am confused because I just tested this by "Previewing" the portion of the post above and it resulted in this:

hmm it looks right for you. i just tried it with the youtube link above^ and it still didn't work. wonder if it's on my end. here's a screenshot of what my preview looked like http://prntscr.com/ub3eji

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 12:41:43 PM »

Expand Quote
Test Preview

[close]
hmm it looks right for you. i just tried it with the youtube link above^ and it still didn't work. wonder if it's on my end. here's a screenshot of what my preview looked like http://prntscr.com/ub3eji
I now see what you are referring to, I will look into having the Auto Embed scripts be applied to the preview, not just the image preview.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Test Preview

[close]
[close]
I now see what you are referring to, I will look into having the Auto Embed scripts be applied to the preview, not just the image preview.
<3

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »

Just FYI, the presence of certain characters in a post apparently makes it impossible for the page to fetch the preview and then to even process the post (the site switches to a blank page instead). Just had that happen when insisting to try and submit a post containing a lowercase u with a diaeresis. Eventually I couldn't do it; the post would only go through if I used a normal u.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:29:05 AM by silhouette »

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 11:21:54 AM »

Just letting you know, this is still on my list but is more difficult then I originally thought.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 11:36:24 AM »

Maybe pretty insignificant as a priority but just to let you know, the boards still have a problem processing most accents and foreign characters in general. It's only really a problem when posting names of foreign cities/videos/pros (and can be worked around by altering the spelling), but it exists. For some of them (maybe all of them now that you've been looking into it, I haven't checked) the website will actually process the post now (see previous post) but the character will turn into what looks like a string of funny-looking ASCII, both in posts and thread titles.

Good luck and thanks for all your work.