Author Topic: "Liquor Bank #2: Spotaholics Mixtape" (Chico, CA, VX, 20 mn)  (Read 668 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
"Liquor Bank #2: Spotaholics Mixtape" (Chico, CA, VX, 20 mn)
« on: August 30, 2020, 08:56:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQL4B0Du5Hk

Pretty damn cool and well put together homie video out of Chico, CA. Lots of unique spots and a tightknit scene vibe,

More info and a short interview with the filmmaker, Jack Fanning: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/liquor-bank-2-spotaholics-mixtape-jack-fanning-interview

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
Re: "Liquor Bank #2: Spotaholics Mixtape" (Chico, CA, VX, 20 mn)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:46:23 PM »
Chico has a special place in my heart, so i’ll bite. I’ve skated or thought about skating 85 ish% of these spots so i loved seeing people approach things differently than me. Steve and Eli are good skaters. It’s a great skate town if you love shitty spots, hitting stuff as you push around the downtown and being creative. It’s all about turning nothing into something. You will not find a perfect rail let alone a truly good ledge in town. The ground is fucked up and there are cracks everywhere, so riding loose trucks is pretty necessary just to get around. The brick quarter pipe spot is one my favorite on the planet. Wallrides for days, enough light to skate at night and theres an amazing curb cut right across the street that you can hit in a line. Started hitting it heavy around 2014 when wallride/no comply’s got big.

The scene definitely has some problems and is pretty divided. Too much cool guy/substance abuse/drink and sit on the ledge shit in general going on, but that’s everywhere in skating. The town is in dire need of a real skate shop to sponsor, support and motivate people. It’s gotten better since they re-did the skatepark, but i dont go there much these days. Take it for what it’s worth but it’s a town with serious, pervasive underlying partying issues and i’ve seen that actually ruin peoples lives. Also, the firework shit...not cool after what happened to Paradise. I only say this because i genuinely care.

It’s good to see someone finally doing something and i’m excited to see more skating from you guys.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

Local skater

• Rep: -27
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:30:31 PM »
Loved this !

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 01:16:26 PM »
The yungest homie killing it

wheee!

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 01:21:38 PM »