Author Topic: The Business of Living By Marc Johnson  (Read 6916 times)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Business of Living By Marc Johnson
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’d rather watch Cliff Kaufman eat a hot dog
[close]
I'd rather watch Tony Clifton dog a bad broad.
[close]
I'd rather watch Clifford the Big Red Dog dog a broad.
[close]
I'd rather watch my wife take a job abroad.
I'd rather watch Gino push

Szechuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 06:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’d rather watch Cliff Kaufman eat a hot dog
[close]
I'd rather watch Tony Clifton dog a bad broad.
[close]
I'd rather watch Clifford the Big Red Dog dog a broad.
[close]
I'd rather watch my wife take a job abroad.
[close]
I'd rather watch Gino push
Gino in dunks, mid line push is a must.

michael scarn

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »
All that for a nollie wall ride....

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 56
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2020, 11:02:37 PM »
Sees the Tree of Life once...

That movie was the worst
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2020, 12:04:51 AM »
"Choose Business" wasn't the best choice of words to follow all of that imagery.

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2020, 01:08:49 AM »
the whole part was filmed switch

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2020, 03:32:16 AM »
On Joey O'Brien's Instagram, hes been riding Workshop decks. I guess riders can only deal with "So many ideas"

lol what a power move

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2020, 06:42:08 AM »
at least the music wasn’t Louie Armstrong’s It’s a wonderful world

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 07:29:46 AM »
god, you just know that Marc thinks he's so smart for making that. Like there's some provocative message that he just can't wait for someone to ask him about so he can fart into a microphone for 4 and a half paragraphs.

Hahaha goddamn this is so on point.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »
I remember the first time I lost my mind

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »
lmfao

conqueso

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »
man I hope nobody paid him to make that.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2020, 12:25:10 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2020, 11:25:38 PM »
I enjoyed giving that a thumbs down at least.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2020, 12:33:21 AM »
I'm all for long established pros doing their own thing, but this is just really bad. I feel for Dashawn Jordan

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2020, 09:01:53 AM »
The latter half of Marc Johnson's career is a fascinating exercise in Dunning-Kruger effect and the skateboard industry.

i'm not even denying what you're saying here, but all of a sudden all of the aspiring psychologists here in Slap seem like they  really love to dispense this diagnosis--was there some kind of Slap psychology webinar that i missed or something?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »
Okay I've been refraining from being a bitch about this video, cause everyone has already roasted it to death.

But *takes off earrings* then I checked the caption on the youtube video and found the following credited:

Research and Editing:
Marc Johnson

To credit himself with research is laughable at best. If anything you need to shut off your critical thinking to exploit violence for two and a half minutes, with absolutely nothing to contribute toward a resolution or statement of support. That's not research. That's idiocy.

But it gets worse. God dam dude. At the very best, this video reads as a copy-and-paste of 99% of corporate TV commercials abusing people's unease to say "... during these uncertain times ..."

Case in point, he just had to include that oversaturated All-Lives-Matter-agenda clip of a white and a black toddler hugging on the sidewalk. What is your intention here Marc?

Everything you're 'researching' has already been done by the gamut of bank CEOs making bullshit advertisements to distract people from the fact that they're actually funding the military state and not social welfare. And for you to vaguely use these same tired, corny tactics to sell skateboards?

This shit is maddening. The only thing he researched was how much further up his own ass his head can go :-\
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:55:18 AM by Armin Tamzarian »

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »
pretty sure this cinematic style is called 'fart house'

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2020, 11:31:37 AM »

The only thing he researched was how much further up his own ass his head can go :-\

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »

Everything you're 'researching' has already been done by the gamut of bank CEOs making bullshit advertisements to distract people from the fact that they're actually funding the military state and not social welfare. And for you to vaguely use these same tired, corny tactics to sell skateboards?

Being really generous, he's possibly attempting to parody those corny corporate tactics rather than present this as a piece of sincere art. The name of his brand and the 'choose business' thing imply that he's being sarcastic (I guess). That said, it's Marc Johnson and he seems to think everything he puts his mind to is profound by default so I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to argue it worked both ways because, y'know, layers of an onion dude.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2020, 01:41:19 PM »
So deep

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »
more like fart johnson idiot

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2020, 02:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote
The latter half of Marc Johnson's career is a fascinating exercise in Dunning-Kruger effect and the skateboard industry.
[close]

i'm not even denying what you're saying here, but all of a sudden all of the aspiring psychologists here in Slap seem like they  really love to dispense this diagnosis--was there some kind of Slap psychology webinar that i missed or something?

thanks for saying this. can someone explain to me how saying "exercise in dunning-kruger effect" is any different than simply saying "exercise in being a dumbass"?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thanks for saying this. can someone explain to me how saying "exercise in dunning-kruger effect" is any different than simply saying "exercise in being a dumbass"?
Easy, he's a dumbass who doesn't realize he's a dumbass so everything dumbass thing he does is exacerbated because he doesn't realize how much of a dumbass he is and thus, doesn't have the foresight to say "wait, maybe this is a dumbass thing to do"... because he's a dumbass. He's too much of a dumbass to realize he's incompetent, as opposed to a dumbass who knows he's a dumbass.

Also, you're not "diagnosed" with it. It's not an illness.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2020, 03:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Easy, he's a dumbass who doesn't realize he's a dumbass so everything dumbass thing he does is exacerbated because he doesn't realize how much of a dumbass he is and thus, doesn't have the foresight to say "wait, maybe this is a dumbass thing to do"... because he's a dumbass. He's too much of a dumbass to realize he's incompetent, as opposed to a dumbass who knows he's a dumbass.

oh man, thanks for the clarification--i knew their were some real psychologists here in Slap.

of course i made that simplistic mistake, my degrees are all just in the humanities...we try to draw from fields like psychology in our critical endeavors, but i'll be the first to admit we can be pretty bungling and ham-handed at times.

sorry if i'm being thick here and all, but when you wrote above that the "latter half of Marc Johnson's career is a fascinating exercise in Dunning-Kruger effect and the skateboard industry," you are making some kind of diagnosis as to why poor old MJ--and assumedly other pros who try their hand at intellectual and/or philosophical stuff--is doing and saying what he's been doing and saying, and acting the way he's been acting, aren't you?

hey man, or then again, maybe you could really show us all what a smart grown up you are, and just "kook" me bro...

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2020, 03:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

not really the explanation i had in mind. being a dumbass is a compounding condition. i don't think that that observation warrants a scientific ten-cent word to designate it.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2020, 04:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

well it lets everyone know you took a psych class in community college

Nicki

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2020, 06:42:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Being really generous, he's possibly attempting to parody those corny corporate tactics rather than present this as a piece of sincere art. The name of his brand and the 'choose business' thing imply that he's being sarcastic (I guess). That said, it's Marc Johnson and he seems to think everything he puts his mind to is profound by default so I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to argue it worked both ways because, y'know, layers of an onion dude.

You know Marc’s being sarcastic when he’s wearing a wig.
Though you’re probably right, at this point with Marc, sincerity and sarcasm are interchangeable concepts.

Should have been Marc costume and wigged up as Adam Lambert singing Mad World over the top of these images, that would have nailed it..... guess I’m a bit of an ideas man myself!

https://vimeo.com/10973466

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2020, 06:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

oh man, thanks for the clarification--i knew their were some real psychologists here in Slap.

of course i made that simplistic mistake, my degrees are all just in the humanities...we try to draw from fields like psychology in our critical endeavors, but i'll be the first to admit we can be pretty bungling and ham-handed at times.

sorry if i'm being thick here and all, but when you wrote above that the "latter half of Marc Johnson's career is a fascinating exercise in Dunning-Kruger effect and the skateboard industry," you are making some kind of diagnosis as to why poor old MJ--and assumedly other pros who try their hand at intellectual and/or philosophical stuff--is doing and saying what he's been doing and saying, and acting the way he's been acting, aren't you?

hey man, or then again, maybe you could really show us all what a smart grown up you are, and just "kook" me bro...
You okay, man?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2020, 06:22:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You okay, man?

oh, i’m fair to middling...you on the other hand are simply adorable