Author Topic: Skate VHS for sale  (Read 580 times)

Ryantology

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • thingsgetweird.
    • thingsgetweird avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Skate VHS for sale
« on: September 01, 2020, 03:39:23 PM »
Selling some old skate vids. Prices include shipping in  the us. Pm me for questions.

Baker bootleg-$90

Chomp-$50

$30:

-Mandown
-Menikmati
-yeah right
-sight unseen
-cky2k

$20:
-boob (sold)
-Element world tour
-thrill of it all (sold)
-sorry

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 08:21:32 AM by Ryantology »

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
Re: Skate VHS for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 07:39:29 PM »
I got $20 for Thrill of it All.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 08:37:53 PM »
I'll take boob.

trashparty

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 12:15:57 AM »
ill give ya 15$ for menikmati

lmk

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 02:11:30 AM »
Wow this will definitely make me rethink my prices when I list them.  Hard to know how to value them

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 05:24:24 AM »
Wow this will definitely make me rethink my prices when I list them.  Hard to know how to value them

They are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. It's hard to really gauge what is worth what. I've seen some stuff sold for $6, when The Secret Tape is selling the same thing for $45.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 08:11:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. It's hard to really gauge what is worth what. I've seen some stuff sold for $6, when The Secret Tape is selling the same thing for $45.
The way I see it, when you buy something from an outlet like The Secret Tape, you're paying just as much for the convenience of a well-stocked online store (versus scouring eBay for an item) as for the product itself.

Atiba, unless you're selling some VHS-only rarities like Chomp On This or Gnar Gnar, I wouldn't charge more than $20 for a VHS tape. Just one asshole's opinion.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 08:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly. currently, there’s timecode up on ebay for $50, $100, $140, $350 all in different conditions. even one listed for $800 brand new.

i also think it’s about timing and the person who’s selling them. i once got rubbish heap for $10 cuz the guy just wanted to give it to a nice home. pretty cool story on that, he had found it himself too. he bought it off a homeless guy selling tapes and got it for a dollar.

but yeah, hard to gauge, but definitely good to use secret tape and ebay as reference points.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 08:10:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The way I see it, when you buy something from an outlet like The Secret Tape, you're paying just as much for the convenience of a well-stocked online store (versus scouring eBay for an item) as for the product itself.

Atiba, unless you're selling some VHS-only rarities like Chomp On This or Gnar Gnar, I wouldn't charge more than $20 for a VHS tape. Just one asshole's opinion.

I get that, but for me personally it doesn't take much time for me to find something on eBay. I looked at The Secret Tape a few weeks ago for a VHS copy of something, he had it listed at $49. Took me a few seconds to find a listing on eBay that had it at $20. I'm not inconvenienced, personally to go elsewhere and have a browse for something if I think I can get it cheaper.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The ones I was thinking of selling for more than 20 were like Chomp, Reel to Real, misled youth, baker 2G, cliche europa, photosynthesis, waiting for the world, modus operandi, and the first two tilt modes (though maybe Man Down is just emotionally valuable to me and not on par with the others).  I wanted to save a lot of these, but I really have no intention of buying a vhs player or a tv that could play it, so why not at least give someone else the pleasure instead of being shelf decoration.   

Anyways, I’ll pop the list up soon, like tonight or tomorrow.   
been taking care of my taxes these past two days as the extension was up.