Author Topic: WTB: Century MK1 (yeah) (edit: BOUGHT)  (Read 551 times)

dilbert1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 141
WTB: Century MK1 (yeah) (edit: BOUGHT)
« on: September 02, 2020, 11:35:11 AM »
just another dude on here desperate for a death lens. screw mount or bayo, whatever. i will straight up buy your entire setup if it includes an mk1. currently on that trv/baby death tip, been filming more recently and would love to step it up. if you wanna pass it on to a seasoned 27 year old street skater as opposed to a rich teenager hmu, nothing over $1500 please. pm or email [email protected] was quickly sold a full setup at my asking price by a kind and commiserative Pal as a result of this post. lens is clean. leaving this here as a record that not every clean MK1 has to be hawked on ebay for thousands, and i plan on returning the favor to another skater someday (given the lens survives my years of use)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:50:14 AM by dilbert1 »

swan pablo murphy

• Rep: -5
Re: WTB: Century MK1 (yeah)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 07:13:22 AM »
You know this lens was just discontinued, right? Last used MK1 I saw on ebay was sitting at a bid of $2500 with 13 bidders, so I can only imagine it sold for more. I can't see anyone selling one for nearly that cheap but best of luck.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »
Like dude said above me. I remember seeing that listing and it was at 1300$
All I gotta say is good luck man. I am happy I got mine 6/7 years ago for 850$

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:43:04 PM »
You know this lens was just discontinued, right? Last used MK1 I saw on ebay was sitting at a bid of $2500 with 13 bidders, so I can only imagine it sold for more. I can't see anyone selling one for nearly that cheap but best of luck.

Yeah dude, hence the self-conscious air of desperation. A kind man pm’d and sold me his japanese vx w/ mk1 front element replaced, $1500 shipped. Glad i put it put it out there, way more than it would’ve cost even a year ago, but i haven’t seen anything remotely close to the deal i got. Am kind of shook since front element replacements are obv no longer an option, imagining i’ll rig it up w the tadashi filter + firewire to hard drive device, full 2020 prosthetics

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 07:25:28 PM »
its over $1500 but you never know, price may be negotiable.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/oakland-sony-vx1000-death-lens/7198861100.html