Author Topic: SF Pals!  (Read 699 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
SF Pals!
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:59:30 AM »
Gonna be going up there around the end of the month (25-29) for my 30th bday. Me and my gf are renting a camper van and wanted to know where are some good places to camp the van overnight. Ive heard of some camp grounds near the city but Im wondering where are some good spots within the city. Also wanted to know if anyone wanna meet up for a couple days to go skate and cruise around the city. Thanks in advance for the help.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
Re: SF Pals!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 09:30:49 PM »
One day you should chill in Santa Cruz then camp at Manresa. Plus always beautiful drive from SC to SF. Think parking in city challenging, sketchy , plus people get weirded out if you park outside their house. Maybe near Golden Gate Park by Fulton. Bet a lot of people do that plus people walking by all hours of the night. Think be safer outer sunset nearer to Ocean Beach on a side street? Also maybe check out Pacifica down south during the day to scope out chill area for a backup
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:37:55 PM by rawr1922 »

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 09:46:30 PM »
I always see a ton of campers posted up around Lake Merced. Doesn’t seem like the city really cares how long you stay....a lot of the campers I’ve seen have been there for months. Just make sure you pay attention to street cleaning signs to coordinate which side of the  street u decide to post up on and you should be good.

The lake is near SF State, so since most classes aren’t in person anymore , traffic overall in the area is way less hectic than it usually is.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
is the DLX store open or closed due to COVID-19? Might be heading to SF next month but I would like to stop by the shop if its open!

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 06:13:18 PM »
is the DLX store open or closed due to COVID-19? Might be heading to SF next month but I would like to stop by the shop if its open!

I passed by maybe a little less than a month ago and it seemed they were only open for curbside pick up only ?  Meaning you can either call em and ask what they got in stock and pick it up , or you can ask at the front door what they got and buy from there.

No in store shopping.

Although .....a lot of the restrictions in SF just got lifted last week ........so the store may very well be open now .........

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 06:28:37 PM »

Curbside pickup only

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »
Thanks. Bummer but its still something. Try to spend a small fortune there every time I get to SF

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 07:30:00 AM »
Windows are getting smashed at golden gate park right now so be on your toes if you park around there.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.