Author Topic: All wonderful people with loose Trucks - Thread  (Read 7703 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: All wonderful people with loose Trucks - Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 06:53:57 PM »
I don't see the point of loose trucks when most of the time you skate in a straight line

So you can constantly look for opportunities to casually mention how loose your fucking trucks are. 

Someone asks to hop on your board for a second?  Sit back and wait for them to look up in shock “How can you skate with your trucks so loose?”

You’ve practiced your nonchalant response in the mirror many times.  “Oh really?  Yeah I guess they are kinda loose... guess I never noticed.” 

Feel the endorphins rush in as you have, without a shadow of a doubt, asserted yourself to be the better skater and therefore claim the right to procreate with your personal harem.  At least you would have if you were all lions.

You think how cool it would be to be a lion as you and your board rattle off into the sunset.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2020, 03:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't see the point of loose trucks when most of the time you skate in a straight line
[close]

So you can constantly look for opportunities to casually mention how loose your fucking trucks are. 

Someone asks to hop on your board for a second?  Sit back and wait for them to look up in shock “How can you skate with your trucks so loose?”

You’ve practiced your nonchalant response in the mirror many times.  “Oh really?  Yeah I guess they are kinda loose... guess I never noticed.” 

Feel the endorphins rush in as you have, without a shadow of a doubt, asserted yourself to be the better skater and therefore claim the right to procreate with your personal harem.  At least you would have if you were all lions.

You think how cool it would be to be a lion as you and your board rattle off into the sunset.

and then the picturesque john wayne riding away into the sunset scene takes a sharp detour as you're pitched to the floor from wheelbite or your kingpin nut falling off

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 09:37:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same. Kook away. Crazy that people are so good with loose ass trucks though.

I think the point is it feels better and makes riding a skateboard way more fun. Also usually will make your style look better once you get use to it and know how to ride loose.

However medium tightness is the way to go so it doesn't completely fuck up your pop but you can still carve/lean into certain tricks when you about pop or rolling away

morg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2021, 03:36:12 AM »

Can someone fill me in,

I just started skating bowl

I really love loose trucks and I need it for the carving but now i'm confused.

When I lock into a backside 50-50 I often don't grind far because my heel wheel/wheels are locked in a wheelbite.

Do you guys ride it like this and just push through and grind on the trucks or do I need to tighten/get higher trucks?

I always liked grinding with my wheels beeing free to roll along for a more soft grind.

Need solid advice quick! thx

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2021, 04:35:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is fantastic lol

As a loose trucks rider, I am annoyed and embarrassed when somebody asks to step on my board and then passes it around to their friends. I'd be a beta cuck lion, for sure.

Has anybody mentioned Matt Rodriguez? (edit: he's in the original list)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:57:45 AM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2021, 07:28:58 AM »
http://www.instagram.com/p/CJGxdRMHeY-/?igshid=xk6v5dpkagj1

Local skater, told him the super glue trick so his kingpin nut stops falling off
Cocteau Twins

cky enthusiast

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2021, 07:29:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is me, and i’m triggered.

loose trucks rule

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2021, 07:33:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guilty as charged  :)
Cocteau Twins

retiredboxer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2021, 07:36:27 AM »
heitor

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2021, 07:43:17 AM »

Local skater, told him the super glue trick so his kingpin nut stops falling off
How is that garbage related to this thread in any way? Someone should focus his board for that manual before the bass clip

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2021, 08:22:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How is that garbage related to this thread in any way? Someone should focus his board for that manual before the bass clip

He has loose trucks and is a good skater. Your hate is silly and childish
Cocteau Twins

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2021, 09:27:41 AM »
I thought my trucks were loose, not crazy but loose. Then one of my friends gets on my board and can't fuckin belive how I can turn at all. Wouldn't shut up about it. Brothers too, damn dude how tho? Anyway I was embarrassed. Fast forward like ten years. Friend tries to hop on the board, eats shit, too loose. Brother needed a set up for a visit, couldn't even push.
Tldr, I guess my jawns are loose but I don't do anything wild at all just keep em a couple turns looser.
Whoa. Danger.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2021, 09:47:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

That manual was silly and childish

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2021, 10:24:02 AM »
easiest hacks to get your new trucks to turn like your old trucks (or your old trucks to turn better): swap out old pivot cups to new baseplates and use the top (smaller) bushings for both instead of the thick bottom ones new trucks come with. your trucks will feel amazing.

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2021, 01:30:49 PM »
2:59
https://vimeo.com/142189080

wow this section was rad! not a fan of the clothing and haircut but some great skating.
My hass is out

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2021, 02:02:24 PM »
Expand Quote

wow this section was rad! not a fan of the clothing and haircut but some great skating.

I fucking love Sky Siljeg, that part is great. Bummer there hasn't been any new footy from him lately

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2021, 02:29:42 PM »
I always thought I skated looser trucks, until my best bud stepped on my board and was like damn dude these are kinda tight... that shit hurt my soul, and I’ve been skating jiggly loose ever since. It’s been about a month or so, and I’m still trying to get more consistent with it.

A week ago we were skating a curb spot with a couple other dudes, and one of them hops on my buddies board and said the same shit, damn these are pretty tight. Trying to get him on that jiggly loose tip.

I will also say, there is nothing better than handing your board over to someone whose objectively way better than you and seeing them struggle for a second and asking how do you skate this?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

ballintoohard

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2021, 03:23:50 PM »
everyone on Ace

Not true actually. Stood on 2 Ace pro's boards and rode them around and they were tighter than my Indy's, which I skate medium at loosest. In both cases they had 1-2 threads showing on the kingpin. Actually felt pretty rad.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »
https://youtu.be/YQCZn9Qoy2E

1:02 you can see the jiggle.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »

Can someone fill me in,

I just started skating bowl

I really love loose trucks and I need it for the carving but now i'm confused.

When I lock into a backside 50-50 I often don't grind far because my heel wheel/wheels are locked in a wheelbite.

Do you guys ride it like this and just push through and grind on the trucks or do I need to tighten/get higher trucks?

I always liked grinding with my wheels beeing free to roll along for a more soft grind.

Need solid advice quick! thx

It can be done, but it is harder with really really really loose trucks, just get them more to normal loose trucks maybe.

The main thing is not to sit completely on your heel when you are on the grind, stay low and loose (relaxed) and it will grind much more easily.

I had a friend who could do anything on the loosest trucks but I could never do things like pivot to fakie on his board because the back truck would never lift back over the coping, but he had better balance than I did.  I could do it on my board fine and my trucks are loose enough, but when you are able to lean with out getting immediate wheelbite, that is a good medium.

Hope that helps!
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

shtmnd666

• Rep: 1
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2021, 09:07:07 PM »
You don't choose loose trucks, loose trucks choose you.  :)

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2021, 11:39:06 PM »
Ben Schroeder

Schroeder is riding loose trucks?

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2021, 09:44:29 AM »
Expand Quote

That was insane, having skated some of those parks make it even nuttier
Cocteau Twins

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2021, 09:48:47 AM »
Cocteau Twins

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2021, 12:58:35 PM »
Jef Hartsel is a major loose trucks aficionado. Also, I wanted an excuse to post this part.

http://youtu.be/O718bjrZwA4
never enough Hartsel. Ever.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »

Most people turn.  Alot.  And prefer not to look like a twelve year old tic tacking to do a 30 degree turn.   

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2021, 01:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
That manual was silly and childish

i wouldnt really consider these loose trucks haha, they just look completely normal... were u just tryna find a reason to post ur own video  ;)
My hass is out

Uncle Guss

• Rep: -3
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2021, 03:04:36 PM »
used to rock my shit wobbly cause i thought it meant you were good at skating til i skated once w/ the local ripper (still one of the most talented ppl ive seen ride board) and stepped on his board and his shit wasnt loose at all. Maybe medium-loose but more on the medium side. Tightened my shit a few turns soon as i got home and havent looked back since

cky enthusiast

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2021, 05:08:48 PM »
https://youtu.be/lvf_QkZxoCM

my fav skater ever

my fav part

loosest trucks carves and pop

duffman misses the point

i’m
stoned
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 06:11:20 PM by cky enthusiast »