Author Topic: All wonderful people with loose Trucks - Thread  (Read 7705 times)

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
Re: All wonderful people with loose Trucks - Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2021, 05:52:57 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=lvf_QkZxoCM

my fav skater ever

my fav part

loosest trucks carves and pop

duffman misses the point

i’m
stoned

Stoned is the way of the walk   8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7SX6YR_04

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2021, 07:57:29 PM »
Kingpin nut just flush and those soft bushings I like that loose surfy feeling to my shit but seen some full real cunts with finger tightened kingpin nuts with just a little dab of superglue to hold

Most flip tricks are way easier with tighter trucks but it feels weird
listen to cosmic psychos

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2021, 11:29:26 PM »
I was really into bowls and transition growing up so I’ve always used wobbly loose trucks.  On videos I noticed it looked like I was getting wheelbite with simple foot placements.  I started skating a little more street and shamelessly became the “wallie polar kid” for a while.  After that phase I started skating ledges and flatground a lot more because that’s all I could skate due to my job.  I ended up tightening my trucks a few turns, and I was shocked at how much easier it was to skate flatground.  I had heard the platitude  “loose trucks save lives” all my life so I was pretty flabbergasted when I realized I liked tighter feeling trucks.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2021, 03:42:17 AM »
I was really into bowls and transition growing up so I’ve always used wobbly loose trucks.  On videos I noticed it looked like I was getting wheelbite with simple foot placements.  I started skating a little more street and shamelessly became the “wallie polar kid” for a while.  After that phase I started skating ledges and flatground a lot more because that’s all I could skate due to my job.  I ended up tightening my trucks a few turns, and I was shocked at how much easier it was to skate flatground.  I had heard the platitude  “loose trucks save lives” all my life so I was pretty flabbergasted when I realized I liked tighter feeling trucks.

Interesting that they still might not be that tight compared to some others.  I feel like I cannot even roll on some people's setups because the trucks are too tight, but I am more a bowl and transition skater too, even though my trucks are probably medium loose to some others I know.

A lot of those guys who skate street have considerably tighter trucks than mine, but there will always be some with trucks any which way who skate everything too.  It is not just bowl skaters = loose trucks, street skaters = tight trucks or anything like that.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2021, 12:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://www.instagram.com/p/CJGxdRMHeY-/?igshid=xk6v5dpkagj1

Local skater, told him the super glue trick so his kingpin nut stops falling off
[close]
How is that garbage related to this thread in any way? Someone should focus his board for that manual before the bass clip
[close]

He has loose trucks and is a good skater. Your hate is silly and childish
[close]
That manual was silly and childish
[close]

i wouldnt really consider these loose trucks haha, they just look completely normal... were u just tryna find a reason to post ur own video  ;)

Not my video
Cocteau Twins

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2021, 01:55:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting that they still might not be that tight compared to some others.  I feel like I cannot even roll on some people's setups because the trucks are too tight, but I am more a bowl and transition skater too, even though my trucks are probably medium loose to some others I know.

A lot of those guys who skate street have considerably tighter trucks than mine, but there will always be some with trucks any which way who skate everything too.  It is not just bowl skaters = loose trucks, street skaters = tight trucks or anything like that.
In my experience I always thought it was the opposite. Loose for street and tight for bowl trolls.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2021, 02:49:34 PM »
I remember seeing Salman skating the loosest trucks in the 90's on a vert ramp.  Ollieing into Indy grabs...way to far out and you'd see his trucks just flapping in the air.  He hit the ramp so hard rather landing it or slamming. 

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2021, 02:52:51 PM »
I remember seeing Salman skating the loosest trucks in the 90's on a vert ramp.  Ollieing into Indy grabs...way to far out and you'd see his trucks just flapping in the air.  He hit the ramp so hard rather landing it or slamming.

I remember Matt Reason in the early 90s at a skatepark in Pittsburgh doing huge floating ollies on a mini ramp and his trucks would rattle and shake
Cocteau Twins

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2021, 11:08:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
In my experience I always thought it was the opposite. Loose for street and tight for bowl trolls.

Probably going to be a list of dudes who still ride loosey goosey on anything, and others who ride tight on anything.

Any of the vert dudes I know (and some the big bowl go super fast type of guys) have the tight trucks otherwise they would get speed wobbles and be out before they hit the first wall, but you need looser trucks to carve a bowl.

I guess though there are always going to be those who are different to others, but most of the top street skaters have the trucks at least medium if not more, eg looking at some guys who are more well known on the global stage with hard bones bushings cranked down like Tommy Fynn who had a pic of his setup the other day, but others like Chris Russell having almost no bushings and still skating fast and hard on big bowl / vert and whatever.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2021, 12:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Probably going to be a list of dudes who still ride loosey goosey on anything, and others who ride tight on anything.

Any of the vert dudes I know (and some the big bowl go super fast type of guys) have the tight trucks otherwise they would get speed wobbles and be out before they hit the first wall, but you need looser trucks to carve a bowl.

I guess though there are always going to be those who are different to others, but most of the top street skaters have the trucks at least medium if not more, eg looking at some guys who are more well known on the global stage with hard bones bushings cranked down like Tommy Fynn who had a pic of his setup the other day, but others like Chris Russell having almost no bushings and still skating fast and hard on big bowl / vert and whatever.

^^this. Being somewhat of a loose truck aficionado, over the years i've found myself riding many different tightness depending on things like the obvious new pair of trucks to coming back from an ankle sprain and on.

said so, loose trucks for life haha

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2021, 04:46:19 AM »
I tried the "two finger tight" but the nut kept falling, like twice in landings which was shitty

Turned the top bushing upside down, im happy as pig in shit cuz i show up at the park and kids are afraid to ask me for board
'Hey can i cruise a lap on your board ?'
'Fuck yeah, IF YOU CAN'
HHAHAHAHAHA

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2021, 05:04:38 AM »
fuck you. I skate with my trucks extra medium looseness.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Brguy

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2021, 06:04:04 AM »
I tried the "two finger tight" but the nut kept falling, like twice in landings which was shitty

Turned the top bushing upside down, im happy as pig in shit cuz i show up at the park and kids are afraid to ask me for board
'Hey can i cruise a lap on your board ?'
'Fuck yeah, IF YOU CAN'
HHAHAHAHAHA
That really is one of the best feelings you can get without doing a single trick.