Author Topic: Straight-on noseblunts  (Read 11932 times)

duniwayRobber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -140
  • ?
Straight-on noseblunts
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:22:11 AM »
Does anyone else despise when noseblunts aren't approached from the side of the ledge but straight on?

The recent DC video features a switch back noseblunt on the NYC pyramid ledges. Sick trick, but the guy was so 'headon' with the ledge that he basically approached it frontside.

Other notable offenders:
Henry Sanchez - Free your Mind(?) kickflip noseblunt at pier 7
Daewon - His old deca days where he stacked 420 picnic tables together
Anyone who does noseblunt 270's

fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
Re: Straight-on noseblunts
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »
Does anyone else despise when noseblunts aren't approached from the side of the ledge but straight on?

The recent DC video features a switch back noseblunt on the NYC pyramid ledges. Sick trick, but the guy was so 'headon' with the ledge that he basically approached it frontside.

Other notable offenders:
Henry Sanchez - Free your Mind(?) kickflip noseblunt at pier 7
Daewon - His old deca days where he stacked 420 picnic tables together
Anyone who does noseblunt 270's

Y'all are real stuck on downplaying that switch back noseblunt huh?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:31:42 AM »
One of those tricks that the proper way to do it is so hard that it usually gets a pass.

I say it doesn't really count, and if somebody did the same trick/same spot but coming from the side I would consider it much more difficult in most cases.

Edit:
Realizing that a regular BS Noseblunt from the side is the hardest of all combinations of BS noseblunts. Nollie in would be easier, and I would debate that kickflip in is actually easier than an ollie since you can fling it and pray.
A perfectly executed ollie into a BS Noseblunt is a thing of beauty.

Glurmpz

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:39:20 AM »
Well the most important part of this discussion is - can YOU do noseblunts, and do you do them from the side only? If not, then you probably shouldn't criticize people who can do them.

What matters is if the nose is locked over the edge of the ledge. Booger slides suck. I've done nosebluntslides using both methods of entry and yeah, it feels cooler popping from the side, but on a short obstacle that results in a nosblunt bonk whereas going over the end gets you the whole slide.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:02:45 AM by Glurmpz »

PL0P

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »
jawn counted like a motherfucker, in my humble opinion. While were on it, the swbsts shuv at shakespeare was also beast.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 09:44:44 AM »
I consider straight on as "cheating" but I don't hate on them if they're locked in proper. If they bugger slide them, that's a different story. Same concept for a lipslide straight on. It's kind of like a boardslide but it's technically a lipslide. The whole point of the trick is to pop and get over the ledge/ rail.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »
I think you mean bastardized noselides.

They don't typically bother me, especially if they're switch and backside on the Pyramid Ledges.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »
Well the most important part of this discussion is - can YOU do noseblunts, and do you do them from the side only? If not, then you probably shouldn't criticize people who can do them.

I could when I still did more than push the streets, and only from the side. I've always felt like straight-on was a little-kid tactic. I'm mostly surprised when people have far more skill than I ever did use the technique.

I agree with the other poster that bugger-slides are far worse.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 10:02:30 AM »
I understand the urge and need to differentiate the straight-on bs nosebluntslide from those started in front of the ledge, especially in terms of difficulty. However, the straight-on can be a good looking trick if it isn't done all boogery.

Case in point, and you will all be shocked I used him as my reference, Fred Gall's trick tip from 411VM 9.

Thing of beauty.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 10:02:43 AM »
This is a "it depends" thing for me for backside noseblunts but not frontside.

Straight on nosegrinds on the other hand are just nose manual edgers.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
Only counts if it's pop in and pop out
last trick
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Glurmpz

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »
last trick

So if you're at a spot that has some dope benches but they're only 4 feet long and you want to noseblunt them - you're telling me you would somehow pop in and out before the end? I feel like most people calling over the end not legit can't actually do nosebluntslides.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 10:22:52 AM »
Booger Noseblunt Bonk is a perfect alt account name.  Especially with a Suciu gif avatar

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 10:30:01 AM »
Expand Quote
last trick

[close]

So if you're at a spot that has some dope benches but they're only 4 feet long and you want to noseblunt them - you're telling me you would somehow pop in and out before the end? I feel like most people calling over the end not legit can't actually do nosebluntslides.

I'm in the camp that it's okay either way as long as you aren't trying to fake one that came from straight on as one that came from the side.

That said, to date, that Nestor Judkins clip is really the only time I've ever seen a back noseblunt popped out in the middle of a ledge, which is pretty crazy.

Glurmpz

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »
Just to be clear - me in 1997...

https://imgur.com/a/2YPachM

No idea how to embed gifs directly.

MR102889

• Rep: 30
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 10:47:57 AM »

What matters is if the nose is locked over the edge of the ledge. Booger slides suck. I've done nosebluntslides using both methods of entry and yeah, it feels cooler popping from the side, but on a short obstacle that results in a nosblunt bonk whereas going over the end gets you the whole slide.

Serious offender of the booger slide:

As seen in:

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 10:48:25 AM »
We got dudes still downplaying a somewhat lengthy switch back noseblunt on a narrow out ledge, and others saying it's easier to kickflip into back noseblunts. Slap, you've outdone yourself.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Glurmpz

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 10:54:37 AM »
Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Can't believe no one immediately told him all he did was skid a nose manual across the middle of the ledge. lol

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 10:58:10 AM »
One of those tricks that the proper way to do it is so hard that it usually gets a pass.

I say it doesn't really count, and if somebody did the same trick/same spot but coming from the side I would consider it much more difficult in most cases.

Edit:
Realizing that a regular BS Noseblunt from the side is the hardest of all combinations of BS noseblunts. Nollie in would be easier, and I would debate that kickflip in is actually easier than an ollie since you can fling it and pray.
A perfectly executed ollie into a BS Noseblunt is a thing of beauty.
Hear! Hear!

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »
According to Skater XL, those are just noseslides, sooooooooo...

Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Can't believe no one immediately told him all he did was skid a nose manual across the middle of the ledge. lol

Friends don't let friends put this in a part.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:07:27 AM by fakie nollie »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 10:59:23 AM »

Oof.

MR102889

• Rep: 30
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 10:59:59 AM »

I'm surprised the filmer, who was Dennis Martin by the way, didn't tell him anything.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 11:02:09 AM »
We got dudes still downplaying a somewhat lengthy switch back noseblunt on a narrow out ledge, and others saying it's easier to kickflip into back noseblunts. Slap, you've outdone yourself.

Glurmpz

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 11:11:03 AM »
According to Skater XL, those are just noseslides, sooooooooo...

Expand Quote

[close]

Friends don't let friends put this in a part.

I challenge anyone to find a worse example of a booger slide. This has to be the all time winner. It's not even turned sideways, lol.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »

I really try not to (openly) hate on anyone’s skating, but these are so bad it’s kind of amazing.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »
at least the wheels are sliding on top of the obstacle. it's better when than when people do those ollie over noseslides and call them bluntslides.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Serious offender of the booger slide:

As seen in:

holy fuck that part was bad on all levels

Hombreezy

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2020, 11:23:38 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2020, 11:30:57 AM »
Unless it's boogered I don't really mind the straight on blunts. No clue how anyone let that Jordan Mourning one pass though. Even with the terrible video quality you can tell without it even being slowed down.

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 11:40:22 AM »
Magazine captions are to blame. If it were my way, I'd call them "Ollie over noseblunts"