Author Topic: Out There: Erik Ellington  (Read 8324 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Out There: Erik Ellington
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2020, 12:23:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crazy to hear people weren’t feeling him in his heyday - do you mean Baker 3, TIS era? Cause Misled Youth EE skating to Slayer is absolutely all time to me.
[close]

This. I was as little put off from his style when I first saw it because I'd never seen anybody skate like that but he's just been more and more fascinating as his career has progressed. His Emerica part really made me see the beauty in his skating and he's become one of my favorites. Even the epicly later 'd episode conflicted with how I thought he'd be in everyday life because he's super down to Earth. Level headed. That bar fight shit sounded super crazy though. Dude probably deserved it.
[close]

Was thinking similar, maybe not deserved but if you talk shit to someone you don't know for no good reason you're rolling the dice.

Hopefully he's learned some respect. Ellington seems to have learnt a lesson.
[close]

That kind of behavior usually comes from people that are overdue for a reality check. EE obliged. I'm not advocating for anybody getting slashed up but he stood up for himself. That's literally a case of getting bullied in an adult setting. He's no punk and let dude know.

Ellington is good Begbie.  Confirmed

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2020, 02:32:48 AM »
Man cant believe how many of you weren't down for Erik.

Always been on of my favs since first seeing him around the Misled Youth/2g days. Such a unique style both on and off the board and has always had a sick trick selection too
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2020, 07:58:20 AM »
Been a fan since I first watched Baker Has A Deathwish and saw him at the Deathwish demo.

Weird how calm and genuine he is. He just seems like the kind of friend you can vibe with and have real conversations with. I like that he asked that random what kind of camera he was using, probably made his day that Ellington cared enough to ask.

C.J. Gap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2020, 01:36:33 PM »
So Antwuan gets a three year jail sentence for violating his probation and EE doesn’t spend a second locked up after nearly killing a guy. That’s fucked up. I know on his nine club Antwuan said he felt exploited by Baker/Deathwish. The judge gave EE a pass bc of all the good he did in the community, anger management, sobriety, 40 character references oh neat! Perhaps race played a part.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »
"It's not stabbing". There's a few fucking chumps on this thread who don't know what smashing a glass into the side of someone's head, face and neck physically involves. A lot of cunts who either know nothing of violence or have learnt zip from the violence they have experienced, or done. And self defence doesn't apply when you don't like the way someone talks to you. Talk shit, get glassed, my ass. Ellington will forever be a king of skating but glassing cunts is and will forever be scumbag shit.
Seems like he was bragging about the whole thing honestly. Not sure why anyone would like him more after seeing the potential consequences of such a short temper

People who get in physical altercations are dumb as shit. There's nothing admirable about it. Maybe thousands of years ago it was necessary for survival but today that's just putting your life in danger for no reason.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »
Judge clearly didn't see his Baker 3 ender.

WE'RE GETTING FUCKED UP TONIGHT!...guy gets glass to head

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2020, 02:22:07 PM »
Expand Quote
"It's not stabbing". There's a few fucking chumps on this thread who don't know what smashing a glass into the side of someone's head, face and neck physically involves. A lot of cunts who either know nothing of violence or have learnt zip from the violence they have experienced, or done. And self defence doesn't apply when you don't like the way someone talks to you. Talk shit, get glassed, my ass. Ellington will forever be a king of skating but glassing cunts is and will forever be scumbag shit.
[close]
Seems like he was bragging about the whole thing honestly. Not sure why anyone would like him more after seeing the potential consequences of such a short temper

People who get in physical altercations are dumb as shit. There's nothing admirable about it. Maybe thousands of years ago it was necessary for survival but today that's just putting your life in danger for no reason.
Honestly, it didn't sound like he was bragging about it. It was an experience in his past that he was sharing to explain how he arrived to where he is at now. He didn't sugar coat it but he also didn't glamorize it. It sounded like he took the whole thing seriously. He admitted to throwing up from stress on a regular basis.

That night he smashed the guy in the face he may have felt justified which would explain why he didn't understand what he had done was so serious. It didn't sound like he rewrote his history saying that he was instantly regretful for what he had done. He pretty much explained his whole thought process throughout the situation and onward.

It sounds like he recognized he had issues that he needed help with and got it. Hopefully he really learned from them and changed for the better.

The story doesn't make me like him any more or less. It just gives me a better understanding of who he is.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2020, 05:59:31 PM »

Nah. He didn't intend to stab anybody. He meant to smash something on a dude's head that was bullying him in a public space. You sound like somebody that hasn't been bullied before honestly. Imagine a bigger dude pulls up on you. Has no problem putting his hands on you. Talking shit to you. Invading your personal space. More or less publicly emasculating you. I'm not advocating for the way Erik stood up for himself but I do advocate him standing up for himself. Clearly he let the alcohol get the best of him and he made a bad decision but he didn't let somebody punk him. Like I said, the other dude needed a reality check. I'm glad a lapse in judgment didn't fuck up his future. Cheers to him. The experience clearly made him better and he's demonstrated that.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2020, 09:49:44 PM »
200 lbs surprised me!!  Big dog!!

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2020, 01:23:43 AM »
After 5 "PTSDesque" events before 30, i can relate to EE on a few levels, eternal gratitude for Erik being a part of professional skateboarding, we are luck to have him.

he's come a long way... people make bad decisions under the influence of drugs and alcohol, who's to say my non violent moves are that much different than other bad decisions i've made while requiring opiates to get out of bed for five years.

"Five years, stuck on my eyes, five years what a surprise"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:37:49 AM by figureitout »

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
I've always had some opinions about him & Andrew but what do I know. .
Supra is a top 5 brand to ever be in skating to me they really rocked the landscape
All the way into the K-swiss demise
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2020, 07:08:28 PM »
Supra is a top 5 brand to ever be in skating to me they really rocked the landscape

Wasn’t Reynolds given Altamont so he wouldn’t jump ship to Supra?   

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2020, 07:21:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, because of the relationship with Krew he was asked to be on the original Supra team. I think riding it out with Soletech was the right move. Early Altamont was sick.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2020, 08:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes, because of the relationship with Krew he was asked to be on the original Supra team. I think riding it out with Soletech was the right move. Early Altamont was sick.

I bought a lot of that stuff, but those first few years were some of the worst quality I’ve seen.   Miss those Davis chinos

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2020, 08:59:03 PM »
cant believe people would get bummed about him almost killing a dude, when you had to watch that subtle flex of watching his car park itself......sheesh.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2020, 11:16:54 PM »
cant believe people would get bummed about him almost killing a dude, when you had to watch that subtle flex of watching his car park itself......sheesh.....

First Rick Howard now Erik Ellington showing off their Tesla sedans.  Ishod rocking the SUV

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2020, 05:00:57 AM »
lol no matter how many times you say cunt there is a big difference between smashing a glass on someones head and stabbing someone in the fuckin face

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol no matter how many times you say cunt there is a big difference between smashing a glass on someones head and stabbing someone in the fuckin face

You know glass?  It's quite sharp.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2020, 10:56:46 AM »
Damn. EE hanging out with Momoa AND  Slash
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFGNm2CDaOa/?igshid=1mya4y44n34du

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2020, 07:52:18 PM »
Really enjoyed this, I've always loved his loose style.
Seems like such a well rounded person, as a business and family man.
Happy to see he's doing so well.

gonzSOI

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2020, 08:23:43 AM »
EE seems like a really cool dude

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »
I’ve always been a HUGE EE fan. Top 5 for me for sure and that’s saying a lot with (Reynolds, Penny, Heath and Tony being the other 4). I remember when his first shoe came out I dropped around $200 bills for two colorways without hesitation. To this day, still my fav skate shoe of all time. Glad to see he is doing well and a very humble and grateful guy. That piece was great.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
I’ve always been a HUGE EE fan. Top 5 for me for sure and that’s saying a lot with (Reynolds, Penny, Heath and Tony being the other 4). I remember when his first shoe came out I dropped around $200 bills for two colorways without hesitation. To this day, still my fav skate shoe of all time. Glad to see he is doing well and a very humble and grateful guy. That piece was great.

Tony? As in DaSilva?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2020, 08:50:05 AM »
super good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJyrd1-fVbk

I've been loving EE since he skated to Danzig. This part goes so hard

Okay had to come back and post this as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0X5-4INMY

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2020, 10:02:27 AM »
Expand Quote

So since Thrill of it All?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

So since Thrill of it All?

Nope for me it was since This is Skateboarding...I saw that video first

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2020, 11:01:29 AM »
Literally the only person outside of Ireland to make wearing a scally cap look cool.

Forgot how insane his TIS part is: that switch flip front tail at the end flashes by so quickly; bonkers.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Trilogy

• Rep: -230
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »
Ellington was always the coolest Baker Boy. Still is, too.

You got that right!

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2020, 03:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?

Surely you jest. Who would put Tony DaSilva of all people in their top 5? It's ludicrous. No, it's clear that he's talking about Tony Silva.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?
[close]

Surely you jest. Who would put Tony DaSilva of all people in their top 5? It's ludicrous. No, it's clear that he's talking about Tony Silva.
Interesting points but it's Tony "Japan man" Manfre