Author Topic: Out There: Erik Ellington  (Read 8325 times)

AsianVegan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
Re: Out There: Erik Ellington
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2020, 07:14:08 AM »
Crazy to hear people weren’t feeling him in his heyday - do you mean Baker 3, TIS era? Cause Misled Youth EE skating to Slayer is absolutely all time to me.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2020, 07:24:03 AM »
Crazy to hear people weren’t feeling him in his heyday - do you mean Baker 3, TIS era? Cause Misled Youth EE skating to Slayer is absolutely all time to me.

I got into him during Baker 3. Wasn’t too into him before that but probably cause i was more into Crailtap style vids and not anything Zero related.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 07:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got into him during Baker 3. Wasn’t too into him before that but probably cause i was more into Crailtap style vids and not anything Zero related.
Same. At the time, I liked clean skating and didn't like how wild his style got. The more we're flooded with generic/forced style, the more I appreciate his loose skating.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 07:57:36 AM »
"Sketchy Koston" was always how I thought of him

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 08:03:13 AM »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 08:44:35 AM »
EE is a don

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 08:58:36 AM »
Surprised people said they weren't stoked on him. I always thought he was sick. This was really nice. I will watch this again.

Cliff_Kaufman

• Rep: 15
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 09:03:28 AM »
This has been my favorite Out There so far, EE is like a really good dude... On a weird side note i live next to the house he grew up in (shown at 6:29 in the video)

artskool

• Rep: 30
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »
I wasn't a big fan of his til I saw an early berrics game of skate, and his flat ground game was incredible. I've looked for it since, but can't comb through all the junk on YouTube forever. Anybody remember the clip I'm talking about?

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 09:20:44 AM »
I wasn't a big fan of his til I saw an early berrics game of skate, and his flat ground game was incredible. I've looked for it since, but can't comb through all the junk on YouTube forever. Anybody remember the clip I'm talking about?

Have tried googling Erik Ellington battle at the berries?
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

freddiethreepwood

• Rep: 24
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »
I'm a huge Ellington fan but have never been down for this "I glassed a guy in the face for being annoying... and it was a learning experience for me" bullshit. The turning point isn't "I could have lost all this", it's "I stabbed a person in the face with a glass".

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2020, 10:27:28 AM »
No surprises here. EE has always been one of the goats.

This series is so great. Seeing him still trip out on Penny's fs flip over the rail in Huntington was rad.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »

This. I was as little put off from his style when I first saw it because I'd never seen anybody skate like that but he's just been more and more fascinating as his career has progressed. His Emerica part really made me see the beauty in his skating and he's become one of my favorites. Even the epicly later 'd episode conflicted with how I thought he'd be in everyday life because he's super down to Earth. Level headed. That bar fight shit sounded super crazy though. Dude probably deserved it.

pops

• Rep: 219
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
a big fan of ellington since misled youth!

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2020, 12:01:02 PM »
Underrated GOAT. Loved this.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »
We need part two, didn't even touch on HRS and I want more stories

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2020, 12:28:23 PM »
I'm a huge Ellington fan but have never been down for this "I glassed a guy in the face for being annoying... and it was a learning experience for me" bullshit. The turning point isn't "I could have lost all this", it's "I stabbed a person in the face with a glass".
to be fair he didn’t stab anyone in the face, he smashed a glass on someone’s head and the guy got sliced. But yeah didn’t sound like he felt very bad for the guy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2020, 12:54:07 PM »
That line in the puffy jacket in the PD montage of Baker 2G is one of my all time favorites.  I wish they’d reuse the song too. 

I wonder what happened to his Brazilian wife Luciana.   It’s rare to see fathers get custody, so it always perks my ears up when it happens.   

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2020, 12:58:01 PM »
Glass smashing aside, is EE a top 5 well-adjusted aging professional skateboarder?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »
https://youtu.be/onEDYG64QmM

The 360 flip of a curb cut at :26 was all I needed. He just got better from there.

That line in the puffy jacket in the PD montage of Baker 2G is one of my all time favorites.  I wish they’d reuse the song too. 

I wonder what happened to his Brazilian wife Luciana.   It’s rare to see fathers get custody, so it always perks my ears up when it happens.   
I searched high and low for a proper puffy jacket to skate in after that. Failed. Only one EE

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »

The 360 flip of a curb cut at :26 was all I needed. He just got better from there.

Expand Quote

[close]
I searched high and low for a proper puffy jacket to skate in after that. Failed. Only one EE

Hah same.  And I tried to figure out the shoes.  Were they DC Embarkos?

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. I was as little put off from his style when I first saw it because I'd never seen anybody skate like that but he's just been more and more fascinating as his career has progressed. His Emerica part really made me see the beauty in his skating and he's become one of my favorites. Even the epicly later 'd episode conflicted with how I thought he'd be in everyday life because he's super down to Earth. Level headed. That bar fight shit sounded super crazy though. Dude probably deserved it.

Was thinking similar, maybe not deserved but if you talk shit to someone you don't know for no good reason you're rolling the dice.

Hopefully he's learned some respect. Ellington seems to have learnt a lesson.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2020, 02:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hah same.  And I tried to figure out the shoes.  Were they DC Embarkos?
I think so,or some Emerica prototypes

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »
I know people say this about skaters a lot but honestly in my eyes, no-one skates close to how Ellington does. He just does tricks differently, I dunno what it is.

Low key I'm still hoping my facial hair grows out more though cause mine currently looks like EE's haha, anyone here ever used a derma roller?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2020, 04:13:34 PM »
That was an awesome piece. Been a big EE fan since Baker 3.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2020, 04:55:45 PM »
Like everyone else here pretty much, I wasn't always a huge EE fan but as of late have been really into him and his skating. This video solidified those sentiments. He seems like an awesome person and I back him.

Side note, I DM'd him on Instagram a few days ago to ask him about what he's doing with that Li-ning shoe company. He was very personable and again, seems like an awesome person. He said he's doing a line of skate shoes for them and they're going to be sold through a site he's affiliated with. I don't know what site that is though, but something skate related I'm assuming. It seems like those shoes aren't sold in the usa normally so it takes a little fandangling to get them sold here. If they look decent and aren't $100+ I may grab a pair of I can.

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2020, 05:00:16 PM »
waylon bone does a great job with Out There, hope to so more and often

would love a ricky Out There

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2020, 07:53:08 PM »
ellingtons always been the shit. weird to hear you kids say you werent into him. yall just wasnt there

free max b
FREE MAX B

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2020, 08:25:13 PM »
Seven, seven, seven is my name
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2020, 09:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Was thinking similar, maybe not deserved but if you talk shit to someone you don't know for no good reason you're rolling the dice.

Hopefully he's learned some respect. Ellington seems to have learnt a lesson.

That kind of behavior usually comes from people that are overdue for a reality check. EE obliged. I'm not advocating for anybody getting slashed up but he stood up for himself. That's literally a case of getting bullied in an adult setting. He's no punk and let dude know.