Author Topic: Out There: Erik Ellington  (Read 8328 times)

Glurmpz

Re: Out There: Erik Ellington
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2020, 04:13:15 PM »
This is really interesting seeing how many people share the same view of Ellington - myself included. For me, I was into cleaner skating and stuff like Girl/Chocolate etc during EE's prime, but when I look back at his parts I like them a lot. I know his dance after the bigspin down Carlsbad gap is legendary but if I had done the picnic table line with the switch flip front tail and amazing flip front nose fakie I think I'd be dancing for days. That's his best ever clip in my eyes.

Szechuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2020, 06:45:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve always been a HUGE EE fan. Top 5 for me for sure and that’s saying a lot with (Reynolds, Penny, Heath and Tony being the other 4). I remember when his first shoe came out I dropped around $200 bills for two colorways without hesitation. To this day, still my fav skate shoe of all time. Glad to see he is doing well and a very humble and grateful guy. That piece was great.
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?
[close]

Surely you jest. Who would put Tony DaSilva of all people in their top 5? It's ludicrous. No, it's clear that he's talking about Tony Silva.
[close]
Interesting points but it's Tony "Japan man" Manfre
Here I was thinking Tony Tave.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2020, 06:51:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve always been a HUGE EE fan. Top 5 for me for sure and that’s saying a lot with (Reynolds, Penny, Heath and Tony being the other 4). I remember when his first shoe came out I dropped around $200 bills for two colorways without hesitation. To this day, still my fav skate shoe of all time. Glad to see he is doing well and a very humble and grateful guy. That piece was great.
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?
[close]

Surely you jest. Who would put Tony DaSilva of all people in their top 5? It's ludicrous. No, it's clear that he's talking about Tony Silva.
[close]
[close]

For sure talking about my old roommate Tony aka Tone The Bone.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2020, 09:07:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I believe he meant Tony Ferguson
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2020, 09:17:05 PM »
Loving all the bonus Tony content my post generated. Haha.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2020, 09:41:52 PM »
This is really interesting seeing how many people share the same view of Ellington - myself included. For me, I was into cleaner skating and stuff like Girl/Chocolate etc during EE's prime, but when I look back at his parts I like them a lot. I know his dance after the bigspin down Carlsbad gap is legendary but if I had done the picnic table line with the switch flip front tail and amazing flip front nose fakie I think I'd be dancing for days. That's his best ever clip in my eyes.
While my first video was Misled Youth, I grew up mostly a Crailtap and Sovereign sect fan as I found the stylish tech ledge stuff more relatable than the big sets/rail Cali spots of Baker, Flip, Zero, etc, especially compared to the mostly east coast spots that make up a lot of Photosynthesis. Probably also helped I was a big 90's hip-hop fan.

Either way, I still really enjoy EE footage, and the longevity of his career is astounding. Very few have transitioned as well as he and Reynolds have from being known primarily as big gap and/or rail skaters.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2020, 09:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
While my first video was Misled Youth, I grew up mostly a Crailtap and Sovereign sect fan as I found the stylish tech ledge stuff more relatable than the big sets/rail Cali spots of Baker, Flip, Zero, etc, especially compared to the mostly east coast spots that make up a lot of Photosynthesis. Probably also helped I was a big 90's hip-hop fan.

Either way, I still really enjoy EE footage, and the longevity of his career is astounding. Very few have transitioned as well as he and Reynolds have from being known primarily as big gap and/or rail skaters.
EE is the truth.  I’ve been very lucky to kick it with him a bunch absorbing those positive vibes.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2020, 10:05:36 PM »
I got glassed once. I can honestly say that I did not deserve it. The guy didn't do a great job of it though and I sustained minimal injury. A bartender jumped the bar and started beating on him. Funny night.

Just remembered I got glassed in the back of the head once also. It just smashed. No injury. Copped a few punched after that however.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2020, 02:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
"It's not stabbing". There's a few fucking chumps on this thread who don't know what smashing a glass into the side of someone's head, face and neck physically involves. A lot of cunts who either know nothing of violence or have learnt zip from the violence they have experienced, or done. And self defence doesn't apply when you don't like the way someone talks to you. Talk shit, get glassed, my ass. Ellington will forever be a king of skating but glassing cunts is and will forever be scumbag shit.
[close]

Nah. He didn't intend to stab anybody. He meant to smash something on a dude's head that was bullying him in a public space. You sound like somebody that hasn't been bullied before honestly. Imagine a bigger dude pulls up on you. Has no problem putting his hands on you. Talking shit to you. Invading your personal space. More or less publicly emasculating you. I'm not advocating for the way Erik stood up for himself but I do advocate him standing up for himself. Clearly he let the alcohol get the best of him and he made a bad decision but he didn't let somebody punk him. Like I said, the other dude needed a reality check. I'm glad a lapse in judgment didn't fuck up his future. Cheers to him. The experience clearly made him better and he's demonstrated that.

KOW, nailed it, you gotta stand up for yourself, was how he did it stupid? Sure, but clearly it absolutely humbled him. And I respect him even more than I did before watching this.

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2020, 06:08:38 AM »
I’m a fan and I wish his ventures the best, but I can’t stop thinking his shoe company is called Human Resources Services.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2020, 07:08:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

I really just assumed Tony Cervantes

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Tony? As in DaSilva?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I really just assumed Tony Cervantes
Figured he was talking about T(on)yrone Olson?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.