Author Topic: ERIK ELLINGTON COMMUNIST?  (Read 5076 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: ERIK ELLINGTON COMMUNIST?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2020, 08:07:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Btw I have free health care.
[close]

health care is never free, it's just you who doesn't get charged for it. in countries with universal healthcare it's paid for by the the taxpayer or people with premium insurance who can afford to pay on top for better services that they might never need.

i'm not against universal healthcare, it's awesome. but it's not free.

Being paid for by the taxpayers is completely fine if we start taxing those classically undertaxed. People always seem to argue “where is that money going to come from?!” and then willfully ignore that Jeff Bezos alone could end world hunger and doesn’t every single day. Start taxing the wealthy at a proportionate percentage to their wealth, carbon footprint, and land ownership and a lot of that “where’s the money coming from?” goes away.

And that doesn’t even take into account the money that would be freed up for an objectively more moral purpose if we reallocated funds from, say, the military and corporate bailouts into things like universal healthcare.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
Cant believe I made that argument in a thread entitled “ERIK ELLINGTON COMMUNIST?”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2020, 08:10:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Btw I have free health care.
[close]

health care is never free, it's just you who doesn't get charged for it. in countries with universal healthcare it's paid for by the the taxpayer or people with premium insurance who can afford to pay on top for better services that they might never need.

i'm not against universal healthcare, it's awesome. but it's not free.
[close]

Being paid for by the taxpayers is completely fine if we start taxing those classically undertaxed. People always seem to argue “where is that money going to come from?!” and then willfully ignore that Jeff Bezos alone could end world hunger and doesn’t every single day. Start taxing the wealthy at a proportionate percentage to their wealth, carbon footprint, and land ownership and a lot of that “where’s the money coming from?” goes away.

And that doesn’t even take into account the money that would be freed up for an objectively more moral purpose if we reallocated funds from, say, the military and corporate bailouts into things like universal healthcare.
100% agree with this. i just didn't want to delve too deep into the subject.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year