Author Topic: Hipster tendencies  (Read 22236 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Hipster tendencies
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2021, 07:55:27 PM »
Ginsburg was a member of NAMBLA, but I think he also paid Arthur Russell's electric bills, so overall I guess it all balances out

i’ve been reading journey to the end of the night by celine too- don’t google his political affiliations  :(

i’m a proponent of separating art from artist, especially in 2021

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2021, 08:41:24 PM »
Word, that's what I always have to tell myself while watching no jumper  8)

american.worm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2021, 06:53:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I think ‘lost in translation’ is a terrible movie, and a little racist.
[close]
nothing wrong with that! I refused to watch the Kill Bill series for years because I was way deep into Japan and martial arts (specifically sword arts) and knew it would probably do a disservice to both

I think the government gives you your virginity back if you tell someone youre into sword arts

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2021, 07:08:36 AM »
Expand Quote
The weirder a movie is for most people, the more automatically hyped on it. I guess all around I just like to enjoy what most others find uncomfortable which sure as shit sounds hipster
[close]

What's your favorite weird movie?

A few that come to mind:
Ken Park
House (1977)
Dogtooth
Pierrot le Fou
Wake in Freight

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2021, 07:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
nothing wrong with that! I refused to watch the Kill Bill series for years because I was way deep into Japan and martial arts (specifically sword arts) and knew it would probably do a disservice to both
[close]

I think the government gives you your virginity back if you tell someone youre into sword arts

Man the Kill Bill movies are my favourite movies in the world. I don't care how unreal the martial arts thing is. The fact that a woman is driven to do all that kind of supernatural stuff in order to get revenge for her fallen family really gets to me. Plus the "gore" and the super bloody fights are really cool looking imho.
Then again I'm a huge Tarantino fan so...

And how cool would it be to own an Hattori Hanzo katana lol

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2021, 08:31:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah, if you bought a “sword” off amazon and do it in your back yard they probably do give it back to you.
I’ve been studying seriously now for over 15 years... which in itself is very hipsters isn’t it?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:15:15 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pro club blanks

« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2021, 12:20:38 PM »
I truly do not mind pabst, but usually end up just drinking flavored ciders or whatever with my wife, some of em pretty "small batch" or artisinal

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2021, 12:29:30 PM »
Got a bunch of Japanese denim in the closet. Once partook in a denim contest in which I customized my pair and documented the wear.

pro club blanks

« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2021, 01:45:29 PM »
Got a bunch of Japanese denim in the closet. Once partook in a denim contest in which I customized my pair and documented the wear.
Thats pretty sick, may I ask what got you the win? I dabbled a bit but eventually just sort of realized I didnt like wearing jeans much