Author Topic: Ray Barbee on Krooked  (Read 10467 times)

Deputy Wendell

Re: Ray Barbee on Krooked
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2020, 11:10:23 AM »

YES! another sign that there's a chance that everything is going to be alright

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2020, 10:29:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ray Barbee is such a positive influence on skateboarding that even this thread is nothing but positivity.

Looking forward to buying Ray’s board, I don’t give a shit what size.

Yes I
[close]

I’m willing to deal with the kook-ing. But Ray’s smile is contagious. He’s precious and deserves the best.
[close]
Every time I get bummed on whatever trendy garbage is going on in skateboarding, I always go back to Ray's 'Ban This' part to cleanse my palate. It's always been in my top 5 videos that get me hyped to skate. It's the purest display of the simple joy of skateboarding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytAF2A_sA7M&t=100s
[close]

Fun fact: if you start playing New Order’s Dreams Never End after the second time he says “six years ago” it syncs up perfectly (in my opinion). Obviously you gotta mute the part but if you’re into New Order I’d say it’s an improvement.
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3S1mH_7Do&t=58s

Wow I feel like an idiot for not having seen that before. Thank you for sharing.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2020, 10:40:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ray Barbee is such a positive influence on skateboarding that even this thread is nothing but positivity.

Yes I
[close]

I’m willing to deal with the kook-ing. But Ray’s smile is contagious. He’s precious and deserves the best.
[close]
Every time I get bummed on whatever trendy garbage is going on in skateboarding, I always go back to Ray's 'Ban This' part to cleanse my palate. It's always been in my top 5 videos that get me hyped to skate. It's the purest display of the simple joy of skateboarding.
[close]

Fun fact: if you start playing New Order’s Dreams Never End after the second time he says “six years ago” it syncs up perfectly (in my opinion). Obviously you gotta mute the part but if you’re into New Order I’d say it’s an improvement.
[close]

[close]

Wow I feel like an idiot for not having seen that before. Thank you for sharing.
just funny the song kicks in right after the;
'Yo man you've been skateboarding, how long you've been skateboarding for?' 'Feel like two years shit.'
instead of your (Barbees) 'six years ago'

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2020, 12:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yes I
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
'Yo man you've been skateboarding, how long you've been skateboarding for?' 'Feel like two years shit.'

There are no coincedences 🔮
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2020, 01:19:41 AM »
This is awesome. Speaking of jumping from Element to Krooked what’s up with Jarne? He would be such a sick addition. Wasn’t he skating Krooked boards and tagging them on Instagram or something?

Ray is such a perfect fit for krooked. Tangentially related, Element has to just be on the verge of going under right?
In Mason Silva’s Bunt interview he talks about a lot of them jumping ship from Element and that he found out 1% of their sales is from boards and the other 99% is t-shirts and other accessories. If anything, maybe they would just stop making boards but keep raking in that mall shop dough.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2020, 02:38:13 AM »
This is awesome. Speaking of jumping from Element to Krooked what’s up with Jarne? He would be such a sick addition. Wasn’t he skating Krooked boards and tagging them on Instagram or something?

Expand Quote
Ray is such a perfect fit for krooked. Tangentially related, Element has to just be on the verge of going under right?
[close]
In Mason Silva’s Bunt interview he talks about a lot of them jumping ship from Element and that he found out 1% of their sales is from boards and the other 99% is t-shirts and other accessories. If anything, maybe they would just stop making boards but keep raking in that mall shop dough.

So many kids (and adult man-children) wear element tshirts in this very particular way that it's pretty obvious that their mother (or wife (or mother)) bought them for them because it's an inoffensive graphic and brand name that could be anything. I'd guess this makes up most of their sales; completely passive customers.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2020, 03:18:56 AM »

Pretty sure Ray was the second person to have a guest board.
I’m hyped , can’t wait to see his pro model

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2020, 06:24:08 AM »
So happy about this news...i just wished they had a pro model along with the announcement...cant wait to support my favourite skater ever

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2020, 07:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seems like Element is losing alot of it's riders lately. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes over there.
[close]
I heard a while ago that the corporation that owns them (Billabong?) has been pressuring them to get away from the hardgoods game, probably cuz of the margins and I don't think any shops really buy much Element anymore. I think Shcillereff has been pushing for them to keep hardgoods but he has no actual ownership anymore he's just an employeee and that he'll probably be gone if they do that. They're just gonna do a limited skate program as almost a novelty cuz thats their roots and they have Nyjah, maybe keep 2 other people and try to sell a lot of t shirts and overpriced pants.
[close]

Schileriff just started a new company to essentially sell Bam boards called The Heart Supply. We got sent the catalog and it was just like 12 different colors of Heartagram completes. Also they had a photo of Steve Cab in the catalog, so idk what's going on.

Curious what woodshop he uses for those drops? On the site I'm pretty sure it said "Made in USA"
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2020, 08:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seems like Element is losing alot of it's riders lately. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes over there.
[close]
I heard a while ago that the corporation that owns them (Billabong?) has been pressuring them to get away from the hardgoods game, probably cuz of the margins and I don't think any shops really buy much Element anymore. I think Shcillereff has been pushing for them to keep hardgoods but he has no actual ownership anymore he's just an employeee and that he'll probably be gone if they do that. They're just gonna do a limited skate program as almost a novelty cuz thats their roots and they have Nyjah, maybe keep 2 other people and try to sell a lot of t shirts and overpriced pants.
[close]

Schileriff just started a new company to essentially sell Bam boards called The Heart Supply. We got sent the catalog and it was just like 12 different colors of Heartagram completes. Also they had a photo of Steve Cab in the catalog, so idk what's going on.
[close]

Curious what woodshop he uses for those drops? On the site I'm pretty sure it said "Made in USA"

Gotta be Quincy. USA made, cheap.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

macario87

• Rep: -3
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2020, 08:35:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seems like Element is losing a lot of its riders lately. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes over there.
[close]

Clearing salary cap to give to Nyjah. With him being the contest person and in the new THPS, they're most def gonna want to make him as big as a marketing gimmick as Bam.
[close]

That or brand is too big and lost it’s family feel and everyone is more distant. Kinda why Daewon left DVS type of situation.

That being said, Barbee on Krooked feels right. It warms my heart that he still has a place in skateboarding all these years later.

Ray wasnt kicked off Element, he refused to renew for a good amount of $$ a month. He had to "work" for it tho, and I guess he didnt like that.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2020, 10:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yes I
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

There are no coincedences 🔮

Wow this just blew my mind

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
What's the song from Rays Ban This ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2020, 12:20:10 PM »

Probably something Chuck Treece or Dennis Dragon came up with for the video.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »
I've been checking online for Barbee krooked decks every day since this news. Now, resisting skating it and putting it up on the wall will be the real challenge.

freeclout

• Rep: -2
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
This is good! Think they've been kinda mates for a long time.
One of my most treasured memories is having Ray and Gonz turn up at the shell center in London in the early 90s while I was skating there with my mates. Just ridiculous, seeing them tear the place up. Even had the Gonz cruise past saying "what the fuck was that?"  when I did my weird half nollie pressureflip thing😁

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »
I'm not into the whole krooked and gonz worship like most of yall. But yes I too would love to see Ray and gonz skating together

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2020, 02:19:33 PM »
I've been checking online for Barbee krooked decks every day since this news. Now, resisting skating it and putting it up on the wall will be the real challenge.
Buy two.. that's my plan anyways.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »
Did anyone else know Ray isn't his real first name? His first name is Vernell. This is all news to me.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2020, 10:00:40 AM »
When do we get to see Ray's board?? When??!!

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
When do we get to see Vernell's board?? When??!!

Nicki

Frank and Fred

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2020, 02:31:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like an instrumental cover or rip off of Like Cockatoos by The Cure.

Now about Ray's new board?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sounds like an instrumental cover or rip off of Like Cockatoos by The Cure.

Now about Ray's new board?

8.5 full please
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this