Author Topic: Weckingball of Nike SB  (Read 16709 times)

cookiecuttersuburb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Weckingball of Nike SB
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »
How great would it be if we found out that this whole time he was squatting in that house.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
"i didn't get dumped YOU GOT DUMPED!!!!"

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 04:34:47 PM »
Fuck weck, but I back this antinike message.
Fuck nikesb.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 04:35:35 PM »
He’s not wrong tho.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »
lmao he really trying to pretend he is a sjw

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 04:45:34 PM »
Dude's got a solid solid SOLID point 8)

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
Correct. Nike has used slaves and has done as little as possible to cut that shit out. They are scum, and supporting them is unjustifiable. Not a conspiracy theory.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 04:48:04 PM »
I agree with him on this.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 04:51:35 PM »
I back this. Fuck Nike.

Unpopular opinion: I love weck

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
lol this is just him trying to justify whatever deranged rightwing, quanon horseshit he's about to spew.  dude's full on lost it. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »
While it's difficult to track everything through the vast network of international trade, Nike and its vendors generally have better labor practices than most of the rest of the athletic shoe industry, likely due to the increased scrutiny. I haven't looked in a while, but they had the best (possibly dubious) "ethical" rating of any skate shoe manufacturer, especially and including our beloved core brands
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 05:03:15 PM »
I agree with him on this.
There’s a first time for everything!  I also agree but Weck seriously stop making posts from homes you are remodeling

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »
While it's difficult to track everything through the vast network of international trade, Nike and its vendors generally have better labor practices than most of the rest of the athletic shoe industry, likely due to the increased scrutiny. I haven't looked in a while, but they had the best (possibly dubious) "ethical" rating of any skate shoe manufacturer, especially and including our beloved core brands
Nike's own press release about the Uyghur slaves is more damning than your interpretation. A lot has changed recently because of China's new initiatives. It's a good time to look again.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 05:09:10 PM »
Man has lost the plot. It's obvious they stopped sending him shoes.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 05:12:45 PM »

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 05:25:32 PM »
About a week ago Weck went into full conspiracy mode on Live. He was linking BLM protests to Jews and so on. In no way did it seem like he was joking. I saw this in passing and talked about it with another friend who also saw it, didn’t care enough to screen record it.
Also, a few weeks back his fiancé was making the rounds on Twitter for being called out for supporting that Kyle Rittenhouse kid. She made her twitter private right after.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »
fuck nike

shalom

Telly

• Rep: -150
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 05:28:20 PM »
With no product to sell or sponsors to call his actions to account why the fuck do I care what he has to say. 

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »
what the fuck are you all on? you don't get to shit on someone for the misdeeds when up till yesterday, you were fucking stoked to ride their shit. you don't get it both ways!

if it's fuck nike, then its fuck nike. you don't get to ride in nikes, ever.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »

Show me please. I try to keep up on labor standards, and Nike is consistently shit.

Adidas is the only once I’ve seen that approaches decency.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 05:44:34 PM »
Weck learning a hard lesson about capitalism.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2020, 06:17:26 PM »
Oh wow, angry Randy Savage steroid skateboard man manages to ruin the thing where someone gives him free shoes sometimes.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 06:20:10 PM »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »
everyone dom was flowing is no longer getting shoes. thought this was already established in a few threads

free max b
FREE MAX B

veritas

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 07:47:34 PM »
Correct. Nike has used slaves and has done as little as possible to cut that shit out. They are scum, and supporting them is unjustifiable. Not a conspiracy theory.

Slaves built your iPhone. We literally all rely on the slave labor of other human beings, it's become inescapable in our lives. At least Nike isn't raising the prices every year when they sell me the same pair of Blazers over and over again like Apple does with iPhones. Not that Nike isn't total slimebucket corporation.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2020, 08:01:34 PM »
If we didn’t buy the shoes, how would they be able to afford all that rodent fecal matter-contaminated gruel for all those slaves?  That shit’s not free you know.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

michael scarn

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »
I mean what he said is 100% true but the same thing goes for every other so called "core" company.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2020, 10:11:21 PM »
I mean what he said is 100% true but the same thing goes for every other so called "core" company.
Here are some important differences:
1. They have a much bigger influence over how China operates its clothing and shoe factories because of the volume produced. They alone can make major changes if they're willing to face China head on.
2. While it's fair to suspect any other company producing shoes/clothes in China has these issues, nike was actually caught red handed with slaves (Quingdao Taekwang factory).
3. Other companies that were caught showed more transparency in dealing with it. They allowed human rights groups to conduct follow up inspections of their facilities and appear to actually want to address the issue.
4. Nike still produces shoes at the factory where they were caught with slaves and refuses to allow human rights groups to inspect.
5. Nike used obvious weasel language in their PR statement about the issue. The fact that they couldn't make more explicit statements to clear up doubts points towards the issue being as bad as one would fear.
6. Nike tries to be the sjw brand.

Not saying other companies are totally innocent, but Nike has been a focus because of the scale of their involvement and their poor response. They are not in the same basket as everyone else.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:25:18 PM by FROTHY »

michael scarn

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2020, 10:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Here are some important differences:
1. They have a much bigger influence over how China operates it's clothing and shoe factories because of the volume produced. They alone can make major changes if they're willing to face China head on.
2. While it's fair to suspect any other company producing shoes/clothes in China has these issues, nike was actually caught red handed with slaves (Quingdao Taekwang factory).
3. Other companies that were caught showed more transparency in dealing with it. They allowed human rights groups to conduct follow up inspections of their facilities and appear to actually want to address the issue.
4. Nike still produces shoes at the factory where they were caught with slaves and refuses to allow human rights groups to inspect.
5. Nike used obvious weasel language in their PR statement about the issue. The fact that they couldn't make more explicit statements to clear up doubts points towards the issue being as bad as one would fear.
6. Nike tries to be the sjw brand.

Not saying other companies are totally innocent, but Nike has been a focus because of the scale of their involvement and their poor response. They are not in the same basket as everyone else.

Hey man, thanks for the education. This is all good information!